Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

tmrw first appt. feels as tho im running out of steam about finding the right ID... still excited nonetheless but maybe the tough choices giving me too much headache. my low budget doesn't help much either.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
tmrw first appt. feels as tho im running out of steam about finding the right ID... still excited nonetheless but maybe the tough choices giving me too much headache. my low budget doesn't help much either.

congrats!!!

taking over the keys soon....... :)

estimated within 2mths after 1st appt .... :)

meanwhile, enjoy meeting up with ID and thinking/deciding on the design.

hehe my keys also dunno when then can collect cos we allow for extension stay up to 4weeks for the seller to move out.

So if 2nd appt is 4 weeks later. Then get keys is around 8 weeks later liao lor.... if worse, 2nd appt 8 weeks, then get keys is around 12 weeks leh...

still so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

and some more reno also dunno will take how long.... wait wait wait

I also same suitation as you. We allowed the seller to stay a month after 2nd appointment. I need to move in before the new year start as my daughter is going to Primary 1. Mine first appointment is 5 Sep, hope mine second appointment is 4 to 5 weeks then i have around 5 weeks for renovation. very rush.

Hey aves, frankly a few k over your budget is consider pretty all right compared to those whose budget burst by 5-10k more. And also if you're going to stay for a long time, then the extra money would be worth spending on since money can always be earned back slowly. :)

Hey aves, frankly a few k over your budget is consider pretty all right compared to those whose budget burst by 5-10k more. And also if you're going to stay for a long time, then the extra money would be worth spending on since money can always be earned back slowly. :)

I think the difference between their budget is that they set it because they don wish to spend too much on renovation, while ours is because we don wish to loan too much for renovation. If our cash problems are not so big, we don realli have to monitor our budget that much, imo.

i'm even worried that we might not have enough to have a presentable ROM.

But since both matters are important, we just have to settle for the best with the tight budget we have. Any spending above it on 1 side may very well cut into the spending on the other side. Not forgetting that we still have to buy electrical appliances and furnitures for our place (excluding those that are sponsored by mommy).

I hate being poor... :(

**pats** littleboat. Who doesn't like being poor? :) Its all about growing with what we have now.

Such things cannot be rushed too. Just take your time to build up your home to your preference. I think a home is a expensive asset but how you make or break it is going to last with you for a very long time. ROM is your big day so can understand. But then again, sharing your own joy is a personal preference too. :) When is your upcoming ROM?

I think the difference between their budget is that they set it because they don wish to spend too much on renovation, while ours is because we don wish to loan too much for renovation. If our cash problems are not so big, we don realli have to monitor our budget that much, imo.

But since both matters are important, we just have to settle for the best with the tight budget we have. Any spending above it on 1 side may very well cut into the spending on the other side. Not forgetting that we still have to buy electrical appliances and furnitures for our place (excluding those that are sponsored by mommy).

First appt finally over. Wasn't a very pleasant experience thanks to a grouchy and fierce HDB officer. She was 'banging' her pen and files and paper down on the table throughout the whole process and seem very impatient for us to decide on our 'financial plan'. Though she still spoke 'politely', you can sense her impatient tone and actions...

According to agent she is quite fierce normally but was super duper bad mood when serving us that day. Tough luck for us I guess. Hopefully she'll be in a better mood during our 2nd appt...

Our HDB officer was more polite than yours but the service is lacking nonetheless. When asked about the financial plan, the HDB officer promptly said:

"you should have prepared this information yourself, you are a University graduate right?"

and when asked for the effective loan rates he goes:

"you can go out and collect from Info Counter and come back to me later when you ready, so I can continue with my other work".

when we approach the Info Counter we were told "details on the loan? No such thing, go online."

fortunately we brought out the calculator and computed the numbers on the spot. With all his sarcasm, we would do better to deal with the computer than him!

First appt finally over. Wasn't a very pleasant experience thanks to a grouchy and fierce HDB officer. She was 'banging' her pen and files and paper down on the table throughout the whole process and seem very impatient for us to decide on our 'financial plan'. Though she still spoke 'politely', you can sense her impatient tone and actions...

According to agent she is quite fierce normally but was super duper bad mood when serving us that day. Tough luck for us I guess. Hopefully she'll be in a better mood during our 2nd appt...

Edited by Starscream

hey, havent been here a loooong time! remember not to compromise on quality of the works and opt for the more reliable contractor. you dun want to end up spending more money to fix what went wrong...there may be ways to save on your ROM - what do you intend to do? i think the house is more impt as it's going to be where you stay for the next XXX years...

are there also some things you can buy later for your house? for mine, it won't be fully furnished as we're buying only the essentials first, then slowly buy things like computer, work table etc etc..

Edited by sooch

we also same lor. think we will have a totally empty living and dining room when we move in. slowly then buy tv, sofa, dining table, coffetables etc.

even bedframe also maybe not getting first. just sleep on mattress laid on the floor. lol

those die die must get one then we get like hob and hood, aircon, fridge, etc. the rest can slowly buy when we find something we like and at a good bargain.

Hi, after you attend the first appointment are you inform immediately when is your 2nd appointment?

nope. they will inform u by post. or u can check the myhdb thingy regularly to see if they update the appt date.

Mine now on myhdbpage it states

Estimated completion date: 2nd half of September

Edited by aves

nope. they will inform u by post. or u can check the myhdb thingy regularly to see if they update the appt date.

I'm gg for my 1st appt on 29/9 for my resale flat of 132 sq ft of 5A flat.

Is $15K enough for minor renovation? :notti:

Below are the things that we need to touchup for our new house :-

1) Aircon - System 4

2) Rerun all electrical wires (12 yrs flat)

3) Pipping

4) Toilet Bowl - 2 Toilets

5) Flooring for 2 Toilets & service balcony

6) Lightings

7) Hob & Sink

8) Box up ceiling for living hall & MBR

9) Shower Screen for 2 toilets

10) Sliding glass door for Kitchen

1) Aircon - System 4 - 4k

2) Rerun all electrical wires (12 yrs flat) 3.5k

3) Pipping - 1k

4) Toilet Bowl - 2 Toilets - 500

5) Flooring for 2 Toilets & service balcony - 2.5k

6) Lightings -2k

7) Hob & Sink - 1k

8) Box up ceiling for living hall & MBR - 1.5k

9) Shower Screen for 2 toilets - 1.5k

10) Sliding glass door for Kitchen - 1k

I put my estimates based on my own experiences. you do the maths yourself. hehe

disclaimer: some prices may vary alot depending on what brands and models u choose.

Edited by aves