Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

Went to visit dyel design ID for quote and layout plan... wow the layout she did for us is unique and very nice.... however, its a lil too pricey for us already... sigh... but i really like how she planned the whole thing... proves that she has given a lot of thought into the layout... this is the most 'designer' ID we have met so far I think... she said she'll adjust the quote and remove some items to try to lower the price nearer to our budget. we'll see how it goes.

finally got the quote from roy of inzen. truthfully, the quote was disappointingly high compared to my shortlisted few. i was having high expectations for him giving cheap quote due to other forummer's recommendations but most of his items are 10 to 20% more expensive than my other quotes... maybe cos he super 'wanted' now so prices have risen? don't even know if I should bother meeting him to further discuss the quote...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gd luck on yr search for a ID. Share with us if find one, OK. Also me looking of doing up kitchen, n looking for ID as well. Anyone tried cement flooring for kitchen?

Hehe ya shih tzus are usually brown or light brown, havent come across one in black and white somemore.

And my baby ger's colour is kinda unusual as the mother is a golden cockeral spaniel while the father is a brown and white shih tzu. :notti:

Yup there's a risk we've to take being dog lovers but hopefully not so much problems for us in handling their biz in the house ba.

Take your time to shortlist your ID. Sometimes what looks impressive to you might not entirely work out for you guys since there's budget and other factors. Just choose whom you're comfortable to work with and who is able to conceptualise something that is in line with yours.

lol. ur dog realli look like mine. not many shih tsu are black. they're usualli brown or light brown.

our gals like to pee everywhere. even in my current house. onli when they are in our room, den they noe how to go to the toilet. but when they are walking ard the house, they like to pee everywhere, especialli on the stairs.

i noe it'll be alright if we clean it up real fast. but it's still a risk we gotta take, and if it realli happens, i wud have regretted it.

finally got the quote from roy of inzen. truthfully, the quote was disappointingly high compared to my shortlisted few. i was having high expectations for him giving cheap quote due to other forummer's recommendations but most of his items are 10 to 20% more expensive than my other quotes... maybe cos he super 'wanted' now so prices have risen? don't even know if I should bother meeting him to further discuss the quote...

hahahh so disappointed huh? wat i can say is that price quoted not due to his popularity..why we recommend his service is becos he is of great help to us thruout the reno process. unlike you, maybe we did not came across quote lower than him or wat lor (btw his quote is not the cheapest among all, mid range)...

cheap quote doesnt = good job done

if he would have given you the cheapest quote, maybe you want to think twice also.. :sport-smiley-004:

most imptly is that you must feel comfortable with the ID...we recommend ID just to provide a reference to others..you may need not to agree with us..go for the 1 which impressed you the most ;)

hahahh so disappointed huh? wat i can say is that price quoted not due to his popularity..why we recommend his service is becos he is of great help to us thruout the reno process. unlike you, maybe we did not came across quote lower than him or wat lor (btw his quote is not the cheapest among all, mid range)...

cheap quote doesnt = good job done

if he would have given you the cheapest quote, maybe you want to think twice also.. :sport-smiley-004:

most imptly is that you must feel comfortable with the ID...we recommend ID just to provide a reference to others..you may need not to agree with us..go for the 1 which impressed you the most ;)

yea pretty disappointed leh. maybe expectations too high after seeing too many recommendations. or maybe i see too many cheap cheap one then now mid range one then i feel that its expensive. lol

yea pretty disappointed leh. maybe expectations too high after seeing too many recommendations. or maybe i see too many cheap cheap one then now mid range one then i feel that its expensive. lol

lol.. i think you should just speak to roy about your expectations and cost etc.

Last time we spoke to him we highlighted our concerns. Let's put it this way, after spending quite a bit of time, we told him we really wanted him to do for us but the cost was a bit prohibitive..

in the end we managed to come to a compromise.

What other Inzen clients will attest is that Roy is dedicated to his job and quite frankly you[ll see him more of a friend than an ID as your renovation go by.

i agreed with Phantom too..i think you prefer dyel design ID more la..thats why you will be more anxious to see the lady's revised quote than others..but not to worry, they are professionals..so just go with your heart :drunk:

hope to hear good news from you too~~

Edited by babytan

i agreed with Phantom too..i think you prefer dyel design ID more la..thats why you will be more anxious to see the lady's revised quote than others..but not to worry, they are professionals..so just go with your heart :drunk:

hope to hear good news from you too~~

hehe i've smsed roy. trying to arrange a meetup with him to discuss.

as for dyel, yea we really like the layout plan and her ideas but the design comes with a high premium so right now, its more likely that they'll be drop due to budget constraints.

hehe i've smsed roy. trying to arrange a meetup with him to discuss.

as for dyel, yea we really like the layout plan and her ideas but the design comes with a high premium so right now, its more likely that they'll be drop due to budget constraints.

true also cos you PAY for the design.. :bangwall:

meet-up is good in the sense that you can sense whether you got connection with the ID..during my time think i met 8-10 liao..until ran out of energy & kio tolong :bow:

Roy was like the last of those that i met..lucky for me la, cos i think i gained more than a newly renovated house...

im also more or less done with meeting IDs liao lo... those from expo i think i'll pass... lemme see how many i contacted so far...

Tau Interior

A&D

Idealhouse

Intradesign

Baroque

Dyel

Inzen (this sunday)

+around 4 met at expo exbition but don't think I wanna followup.

+ho bee not met but got quote

So total contacted is 12 liao... LOL

Anyway, anyone has lobang or know where I can see induction/vitroceramic hobs? my darling wants electrical hob for convenience in cleaning leh...

1) do you guys cook alot?

2) are you guys willing to spend 1k on hob? lol

skip the vitroceramic hobs and get the induction ones if you really really want.

I for one will save the money for other stuff.. like a BIGGER TV.. lol..

1) do you guys cook alot?

2) are you guys willing to spend 1k on hob? lol

skip the vitroceramic hobs and get the induction ones if you really really want.

I for one will save the money for other stuff.. like a BIGGER TV.. lol..

hehehe nope we don't cook a lot. but having electrical hob is something my girl really really wants so bobian have to get it :P

wah why skip vitroceramic leh? whats so bad about it? actually i was wondering maybe just get vitroceramic cos is much cheaper compared to induction... the main thing is surface is flat so can just wipe clean easily compared to gas hobs ma...

so far i've seen this induction one

http://www.aerogaz.com/ag_product_details....ker&vtype=1

and this vitroceramic one

http://www.mayer.sg/www/storefront/Product...p;Brand=Ariston

hhahahah think i am really suaku liao..i only brought the commonly used..

duno wat is vitroceramic until now..think my $ all spent on furniture..since you dun cook often, why so worry about the cleaning? like me never cook but still clean once a week..actually got to be more often as my dogs long coat so like 2-3 days can see their fur stick onto glass liao (esp hob, tv etc)

ceramic is hotter

induction not so.

heat doesn't really transfer to the utensils so you can touch the utensil without being burnt. safer for kids..

problem is need special induction ready utensils.

using all these types of hobs don't really allow cooking with wok.

Babytan, Vitroceramic is the surface material that is fit on top of the hob or known as a glass-ceramic composite with halogen element (Halogen is red glow coil shape below the surface material when you turn on the stove but this won't be seen in Induction hob I believe). Vitroceramic is used to withstand the temperature shock up to 700degree for certain model. Mostly is use in those latest Hi-End Induction Hob & others type of Hob too.

Induction hob uses magnetic fields (only heat is conducted through metal) to cook which is safer & environmental friendly as it wont emit excessive energy which is lost to heat the whole utensil & heat up the whole kitchen. (can touch the utensil with boiling water without hurting your fingers like halogen & gas hob will). This is the main advantage for Induction and disadvantage for vitroceramic cos vitroceramic can burn your fingers easily if you are not careful while cooking.

But where costs is concerned, vitroceramic wins hands up for us as it is cheaper even with digital type. Induction hob is way ex even for a digital or analog sad to say. HDB has electrical voltage requirement for electrical appliances, that you can't turn on all 4 hobs at the same time for induction and vitroceramic hobs. My hubby asked before with mayer & brandt people last time before we bought the 2 hob vitroceramic hob with mayer. You can only turn on 2 hobs at the same time though. Anyway, both types also use electrical energy to cook so not much of an issue too.

Hope this helps.

Edited by BunBun