Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Hey Pet

wanted to get a casement aircon too, could you ask your bro abt the coolness and stuff for me ?

Thanks thanks :)

Hey bro.

Cos my room furthest away from the MBR, I installed a casement aircon in my room at my parents' place. It is pretty noisy now - maybe air con 'old' liao, 6-7 yrs old. Servicing doesn't help. But it still cools the room pretty well.

The other rooms use split units. They are still as 'silent' as before. So my personal experience is for long run, compressor air con is still better.

Kopi.. I agree with Mickey M. Even now when it's brand new, it's noisier than your normal aircon. But it's quite cool for a 3m X 3m bedroom. But if your room is bigger, say the MBR, it might take a long time to cool as the casement is not so efficient when it comes to circulating cool air. There are many disadvantages to a casement... If you have sliding windows, then it's easy to install. But then it prevents you from using one panel completely. The other thing is that a casement uses almost twice as much energy as an inverter unit for a given period of time.

But for my place, we don't have a choice because of the electrical load and that we want to cool 5 rooms. :)

The reasons why the inverter went to my bro...

like Mickey, his room is the furthest from the MBR.

After installing, the blind for his room cannot be pulled down completely. It's ok for him to have that gap but.. for me, I guess not.

My mom is afraid that if given the normal aircon he will forget to go to my mom's room to turn off the air con main after using. If he's using the casement, he just has to turn off the casement in his own room. (He doesn't even turn off the water heater after using every day....)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Kopi.. I agree with Mickey M. Even now when it's brand new, it's noisier than your normal aircon. But it's quite cool for a 3m X 3m bedroom. But if your room is bigger, say the MBR, it might take a long time to cool as the casement is not so efficient when it comes to circulating cool air. There are many disadvantages to a casement... If you have sliding windows, then it's easy to install. But then it prevents you from using one panel completely. The other thing is that a casement uses almost twice as much energy as an inverter unit for a given period of time.

But for my place, we don't have a choice because of the electrical load and that we want to cool 5 rooms. :)

After installing, the blind for his room cannot be pulled down completely. It's ok for him to have that gap but.. for me, I guess not.

My mom is afraid that if given the normal aircon he will forget to go to my mom's room to turn off the air con main after using. If he's using the casement, he just has to turn off the casement in his own room. (He doesn't even turn off the water heater after using every day....)

Yup yup. :)

Hey bro.

Cos my room furthest away from the MBR, I installed a casement aircon in my room at my parents' place. It is pretty noisy now - maybe air con 'old' liao, 6-7 yrs old. Servicing doesn't help. But it still cools the room pretty well.

The other rooms use split units. They are still as 'silent' as before. So my personal experience is for long run, compressor air con is still better.

Eh actually the reason why i'm asking is cos i had bought a sys 3 for my 3 bedrms on the 2nd floor but i will need another sys 1 for a small bedrm downstairs which my parents insisted on staying in so due to the electrical loading limit i do not think i can install another sys 1 for the room thus the alternative will be installing a casement aircon or a portable kind bo pian :(

anyway thanks guys for the info i will go look ard and do some research and see how :D

.... URGH. I was quite happy with the air con yesterday. BUT today...

I'm INFURIATED!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Let's see how service recovery goes.

What happened to the air cond?

Huh ? what happen ? :o :o

I hope... not leaking...

errrmmm....is it not cold ?

Eh bro we keep guessing till she comes in and tell us Wahahahaha :P

Okay! Hahahaha.

Let me make another guess. Gas leaking????? Hee.

My guess is... drainage issue. Or they hacked holes etc.. make a messy and then realised they cant run the pipes in that manner or refused to patch back the holes.

hee.. just wild guess. Hopefully all is well now.

Edited by Rasp

... I promised to give them 3 days to answer me. So for now.. I'll just let you guys have an idea...

They didn't deliver what they promised. On MANY things.

And because they didn't finish the installation in one day (which is actually the company's fault not the rain.) .. my hands and feet are all cracked and bleeding. Can't use them much. *sob*

Am extremely tired. Don't think I will ask them to come back and do the work.. will probably ask for money.

My house is still in a mess now.

Edited by pinkpetter

... I promised to give them 3 days to answer me. So for now.. I'll just let you guys have an idea...

They didn't deliver what they promised. On MANY things.

And because they didn't finish the installation in one day (which is actually the company's fault not the rain.) .. my hands and feet are all cracked and bleeding. Can't use them much. *sob*

Am extremely tired. Don't think I will ask them to come back and do the work.. will probably ask for money.

My house is still in a mess now.

sigh poor thing *hugs* hope everything will be fixed soon.

Will u find another company to complete the installation for u then?