Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Ya Ikea is like that. They don't have the full range of colours available at all times....

More pictures...

10thJan1.jpg

The Black MIrror TV console finally came yesterday... Now I notice that the wall behind the TV is quite empty. Need some sprucing up.

10thJan3.jpg

This is the light in our living room (I've shown before) but for 4th time, I've heard of people buying the exact light at twice or thrice the amount we bought it at... mm

One of the happiest things that happened today was that I managed to get a standing lamp that is round and matches the light in the balcony. We need it to be put next to the TV console as the FSM says that we need something rounded in that area.

10thJan4.jpg

The relax area next to the sofa. All of us really appreciate this place as it is very windy all times of the day and is perfect for reading newspapers and doing stuff.

10thJan5.jpg

We got the whole set from Ikea (pretty cheap) and our contractor put it together for us FOC. hehehe

Lastly... this...

10thJan2.jpg

The mini altar my dad designed. I'm really glad it turned out very well and matches everything else in the house without sticking out like a sore thumb. We have an LED spotlight shining on it 24/7. :)

hi pinkpetter...

will u able to share where can i find someone to make such mini altar? actually i not realli into placing this in my home but MIL want it to give the Godness to us...as usual...son will listen to mummy... :unsure:

i dun wan the big altar to occupy the living room and so suggested those suspension type and my living rm is squarish n small, cfm cannot put in living room....i got a shoe corner....and soo nice...facing directly to main door...i hope that position my MIL will like it....

me n hubby tried to find those ready-made wood fr ikea...but just a plain one...does not come w drawer....ur design realli very realistic n useful....

appreciate your kind advice. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ya true true true especially at the end of the yr, everyone would love to have their house ready b4 CNY

Anyway you manage to contact him already ?

call already call liao.. sms already sms liao. MmmM And from last week push twice.. push to this week.. this week we've postponed 2-3 times also. I'll call again later.

Pet, i see your upsates here tgt alrdy started...did u get uncle to commit on a date for u during the bbq session?

I did. He was suppose to see my house last week and start work this week. *sigh*

hi pinkpetter...

will u able to share where can i find someone to make such mini altar? actually i not realli into placing this in my home but MIL want it to give the Godness to us...as usual...son will listen to mummy... :unsure:

i dun wan the big altar to occupy the living room and so suggested those suspension type and my living rm is squarish n small, cfm cannot put in living room....i got a shoe corner....and soo nice...facing directly to main door...i hope that position my MIL will like it....

me n hubby tried to find those ready-made wood fr ikea...but just a plain one...does not come w drawer....ur design realli very realistic n useful....

appreciate your kind advice. :D

Hi feimei. :)

My dad designed the altar. He took the measurements from the Fengshui ruler and consulted the FSM on the measurements before giving them to my contractor to do. Altar face main door is good... :) Will you be renovating? Ask your contractor to do. :)

call already call liao.. sms already sms liao. MmmM And from last week push twice.. push to this week.. this week we've postponed 2-3 times also. I'll call again later.

I did. He was suppose to see my house last week and start work this week. *sigh*

Hi feimei. :)

My dad designed the altar. He took the measurements from the Fengshui ruler and consulted the FSM on the measurements before giving them to my contractor to do. Altar face main door is good... :) Will you be renovating? Ask your contractor to do. :)

thanks...thanks...thanks... :rolleyes:

yes...but my reno is a minor one....main focus on kitchen and some bits n pcs here n there lol....becos the house still not too bad condition...soo can save abit...only buay tahan the dirtness of the kitchen...soo hv to reno lol...my nest @ West...

ok, will chk w my contractor but the main thing is...still did not find any ID or contractor...i think too 'small fish' (small reno)...no one wan to take up.... :bangwall:

thanks...thanks...thanks... :rolleyes:

yes...but my reno is a minor one....main focus on kitchen and some bits n pcs here n there lol....becos the house still not too bad condition...soo can save abit...only buay tahan the dirtness of the kitchen...soo hv to reno lol...my nest @ West...

ok, will chk w my contractor but the main thing is...still did not find any ID or contractor...i think too 'small fish' (small reno)...no one wan to take up.... :bangwall:

You might want to check this out...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...19208&st=80

From yvonne's blog. you check with her?

Melvin is the owner of S&C furniture. I bought my furniture from them. Yvonne used Melvin's carpenter. He did a pretty good job from the pictures.. and gave a good price. give it a try? :)

On a happier note... i bought my doorbell from Homefix yesterday.

doorbell1.jpg

doorbell2.jpg

The previous one which we got free from the light shop... a teeny battery operated one with a kiddish button spoilt within 1 month. So I'm really excited about this one. haha ;)

You might want to check this out...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...19208&st=80

From yvonne's blog. you check with her?

Melvin is the owner of S&C furniture. I bought my furniture from them. Yvonne used Melvin's carpenter. He did a pretty good job from the pictures.. and gave a good price. give it a try? :)

thanks soooo much much, pinkpetter...!!!

u r so nice~~

thanks soooo much much, pinkpetter...!!!

u r so nice~~

ahhhhh no prob la. small thing. :)

On a better note.. I managed to pester Uncle to send someone to collect the floor plan ALREADY! hahahahahha

:rofl: I duno why I'm so happy but... :) Elder Goh was the one sent to get my floorplan just now! :) AND he remembers me from the other day SOOOoOOO I officially have another to pester! I told Elder Goh I want to finish by 7th month... told him he 8th month TOOO BUSY! So must start ASAP!. :P

:rofl: I duno why I'm so happy but... :) Elder Goh was the one sent to get my floorplan just now! :) AND he remembers me from the other day SOOOoOOO I officially have another to pester! I told Elder Goh I want to finish by 7th month... told him he 8th month TOOO BUSY! So must start ASAP!. :P

Hahaha glad that you finally managed to get hold of uncle

Yes yes yes, chase him till he start work else might delay further le by then he might have new projects le :)

Anyway gd luck :D

Hahaha glad that you finally managed to get hold of uncle

Yes yes yes, chase him till he start work else might delay further le by then he might have new projects le :)

Anyway gd luck :D

Yes yes. tmr will CALL BOTH to ask if submit permit liao or not.

Yes yes. tmr will CALL BOTH to ask if submit permit liao or not.

hi may i know how much you paid for the high table and high chairs from ikea??? pm me pls

tks tks :)

so when starting?? i think u aim uncle goh better. At least u call him can see action de. u call uncle must call 3times 4 times then see action