Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

eh r u referring to the one in your avatar ? he dun look like a devil leh more i guess looks can be deceiving hahahaha :lol:

yes that is e devil, every one is fearful of.

Anyway... update on the recess.

Uncle has (obviously) been too busy. But so have I and I haven't been chasing him enough. But I smsed him just now and he called back immediately. Uncle's sincere in helping me in this ba but it's difficult for him especially the rest of you have more pressing matters than I have. I have moved in after all. But I told Uncle that I need the major stuff done by November as some of us are going away and we may not be able to arrange to look after the thing. So he has promised to arranged. Let's see what happens. :)

other then uncle soon.. his elder bro cant help u do?

hope ur recess area got done up before cny

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
aiya nvr say nvr le hehehe

hahaha means either she's very brave or she 不自量力 leh hahahah :P

thats good at least uncle will replies you. ya i think most contractors will be extremely busy during yr end le so bo pian hope he can do up your recess area faster.

anyway remember to post pic hor hehehehe :D

mm any idea why contractors and Ids are usually busier year end? haha I noticed the trend too. mm

Will definitely post pictures la. :)

yes that is e devil, every one is fearful of.

other then uncle soon.. his elder bro cant help u do?

hope ur recess area got done up before cny

But he looks so docile...

mm I'm not sure. I don't have Elder Goh's number but at least Uncle is answering me all the time so it's not so bad. :)

mm any idea why contractors and Ids are usually busier year end? haha I noticed the trend too. mm

Will definitely post pictures la. :)

But he looks so docile...

mm I'm not sure. I don't have Elder Goh's number but at least Uncle is answering me all the time so it's not so bad. :)

Eh i not sure leh i think it's either ppl rushing them to complete their house b4 CNY or cos alot of projects are delayed due to the ghost month so after ghost month alot of projects will resume together with new projects

Hi pet!

Eh just a word of warning that uncle is very good at delaying people's reno now!

If you wanna get him to do, you may have to be quite patient!

As in 1 month work may take 3 months!!!

Trev :D

Eh i not sure leh i think it's either ppl rushing them to complete their house b4 CNY or cos alot of projects are delayed due to the ghost month so after ghost month alot of projects will resume together with new projects

mm Probably. Should be the 7th month clog ba.

Hi pet!

Eh just a word of warning that uncle is very good at delaying people's reno now!

If you wanna get him to do, you may have to be quite patient!

As in 1 month work may take 3 months!!!

Trev :D

haha trust me I know. Moreover I'm not rushing him... so it'll be worse. :)

$500+ from Jimmy Textiles.. and I asked for two cushions free. :)

Yupp! I have a bunny... Xiaobai...

bl100s.jpg

She's about 3 years old... :)

OMG!! She is so cute !!! I thought this was a soft toy !!! I want one too :P

Hi babe,

Thanks to your recommendation, I finally put the decal up on my wall! Really appreciate your help! :)

YAYYYY! picture picture???

OMG!! She is so cute !!! I thought this was a soft toy !!! I want one too :P

haha she's EXTREMELY naughty.... Looks are deceiving. When I first saw her I thought she was fake too... until she moved.. :P

its on my tblog! take a look! Chandelier like yours, X3 :D

YAY... Chandelier's a little hard to put up... hope you didn't have too hard a time with yours. :)

Update... had a mini surprise today when the people from Creative Air called up to remind me about my appointment on Saturday. :) That's a good start I guess.

YAY... Chandelier's a little hard to put up... hope you didn't have too hard a time with yours. :)

Update... had a mini surprise today when the people from Creative Air called up to remind me about my appointment on Saturday. :) That's a good start I guess.

Wah thats gd at least they bother to call you and not the other way round :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

One piece of advice before I continue... Do up your air conditioning system during RENOVATION.

As some of you know, we signed up with Creation Air (CA) at the Expo last week. We paid $4400 for a LG inverter system 4 and a Sanyo casement aircon. Thanks to our 25 yr old flat, we had the limit of 8.5amp and one outdoor unit only. So that limited our choices and made it easier for us to make a decision. We fixed the installation date on 31 Oct (Sat).

On Thursday (29 Oct), I received a call from one of the people at CA and the man told me about a promotion that LG was having. He said I could upgrade to the LG ArtCool series for a SPECIAL price. Since my parents LOVE white colour and picked this model because it wasn't fancy, I turned down the salesguy's offer. Then he reminded me about my appointment on Saturday. No hard-selling. I got home that day, googled and realised that the Artcool series seemed to be giving consumers quite a bit of trouble. So I was really glad I turned the guy down.

On Friday (30 Oct), I received another call from CA. The guy (different one) told me that my 18k BTU unit for the living area is out of stock. I have two options. The first is to have a FREE upgrade to the ArtCool 18k BTU unit... The second is to have a 12k BTU one installed first and they would replace with the 18k one when they have stock. I took the second one. The guy seemed disappointed that I picked the second one and kept asking... It's free you know? :P But I guess it's not hard selling either. Anyway he hung up after reminding me about the appointment on Sat. 2 hours later, a lady named KIWI called.. and you know what.... she sure sounds like JOJO (from the JOJO saga). Kiwi called to remind me of my appointment the next day. I informed her that I wasn't not going to pay in full the next day as the 18k unit is out of stock. I told her I would pay her 75%. She DID NOT listen carefully to what I said and kept interrupting me... Then she told me that she would call me the next day to tell me if I could do that.

Preparation... We spent a good part of Friday afternoon/evening preparing for the installation on Saturday.

aircon01.jpg

On Saturday (31 Oct), Kiwi called at 9am. She said... "Miss, If you don't want to pay today... I'm afraid we cannot install the aircon." URGH. I told her straight away that she had misunderstood and said that I DID NOT say I refused to pay. I told her i would make a partial payment as I didn't receive all the goods. I was going to continue by telling her the amount when she interrupted with "HOW MUCH?" URGHHHHHH I hate people who interrupt. Anyway that was settled and I got rid of her. Good riddance.

The people arrived on time (10am) and within 5 minutes...

aircon02.jpg

My dad (the fussy one) and the guy discussed on the trunking sequence and location of the units... and THIS resulted.

aircon06.jpg

They hacked off the wood above two bedrooms' doors and took out the metal slates to put the trunking through.

They continue all the way into the night. In the evening, it began to rain. The worker asked us for an umbrella. Thinking that he was going to the van to grab something, I lent him one... Then I saw what he was going to do...

aircon08.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was going to climb out onto the air con ledge in the rainy night! My mom and I were SHOCKED. It's so slippery and dangerous!!!! Finally we managed to convince him not to do so... So he has to come back on Sunday to connect the Outdoor unit with the indoor ones...

So when they left...

aircon09.jpg

The unit in my room. The ones in my mom's and sis's rooms look the same.

aircon12.jpg

My bro's casement aircon from Sanyo.

aircon13.jpg

The wonderful hole above my sister's door. SIGHHH

More updates tomorrow.

Edited by pinkpetter

Hey Pet

wanted to get a casement aircon too, could you ask your bro abt the coolness and stuff for me ?

Thanks thanks :)

Hey bro.

Cos my room furthest away from the MBR, I installed a casement aircon in my room at my parents' place. It is pretty noisy now - maybe air con 'old' liao, 6-7 yrs old. Servicing doesn't help. But it still cools the room pretty well.

The other rooms use split units. They are still as 'silent' as before. So my personal experience is for long run, compressor air con is still better.