Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

applefreak>> eh they are the "play safe" kind and they allowed us to take the keys this once. The flat was vacated a long time ago wor. mmm Anyway we asked for early completion and will most likely get it so not that bad. heh.

Pink Peter

Can you pls sent me ur quote frm Ah soon for my refernce..you can mail me to amjith.ali@gmail.com

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wah the moment I woke up this morning I went out to buy drinks for the people who were coming to fix the blinds. I also had to move my bunny out of her space.. and THAT was really tiring since I don't catch her from her playpen (it's a strict rule in my house that no one is suppose to touch her when she's inside..) So we had to wait for her to come out...

When she did, I placed her in her carrier and started the move. it was Super tiring and took me an hour just to move her stuff...

finally managed to move her out..

blinds2.jpg

This is what the place looked like before...

blinds1.jpg

And this is what it looks like after.

blinds5.jpg

blinds4.jpg

closeup

blinds3.jpg

Can turn the pieces up and down and can move the whole thing up and down. And despite the relatively strong winds today it didn't swing and hit anything so it's quite good.

I'm so glad we picked three-tones instead of a boring one-tone white which was what my dad wanted. hahah he got vetoed this time!!! :P

Nice....how much you get it for and where ?

the problem with blinds is when strong wind blow, it will be quite noisy rite ?

mmm Just a mini update ... a bit sad though...

For a while now I've been asking Uncle for his air con man contact... but he didn't pass along to me. So this week I sent out emails to many of the popular air con companies here... and visited a few places to learn about air con and stuff.

In the end, we confirmed with Creation Air today. We liked the people we talked to and they seemed to know what they are talking about even after being grilled by my dad. We paid $3599 for LG system 4 non-inverter 3X9k + 1 X18k... and another $700 for a Sanyo casement aircon. So all the rooms in the house will be air conditioned.

Silly me... came home and did a search on the company in Renotalk... and found ONE bad experience... and 3 OK ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so far then. They'll be coming in to install next Saturday.. so I can update more on the company then. :)

*now time to go reno blog hopping* :)

mmm Just a mini update ... a bit sad though...

For a while now I've been asking Uncle for his air con man contact... but he didn't pass along to me. So this week I sent out emails to many of the popular air con companies here... and visited a few places to learn about air con and stuff.

In the end, we confirmed with Creation Air today. We liked the people we talked to and they seemed to know what they are talking about even after being grilled by my dad. We paid $3599 for LG system 4 non-inverter 3X9k + 1 X18k... and another $700 for a Sanyo casement aircon. So all the rooms in the house will be air conditioned.

Silly me... came home and did a search on the company in Renotalk... and found ONE bad experience... and 3 OK ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so far then. They'll be coming in to install next Saturday.. so I can update more on the company then. :)

*now time to go reno blog hopping* :)

Hmm....i was contemplating if i should tell you, my parents place also had a bad experience with them

do be around to supervise the workers when they fix the aircon for you. It will be superb if your dad is ard since he seems to be the expert hahahaha :)

eh so who will be the poor guy getting the casement de ? :unsure: :unsure:

Hmm....i was contemplating if i should tell you, my parents place also had a bad experience with them

do be around to supervise the workers when they fix the aircon for you. It will be superb if your dad is ard since he seems to be the expert hahahaha :)

eh so who will be the poor guy getting the casement de ? :unsure: :unsure:

*SOB*

I already told my dad to be home.. in front of the sales guy, Mr Low. My dad asked them a lot a lot a lot of questions.. and even took home some of the insulation thing he promised my dad that they would use. My dad took some home and told them he would be comparing. He grilled them so much on every model and system and type and energy usage.... I told them.. if they didn't send someone skilled and patient to do my place... the person probably need not go home already cos he will not pass my dad's inspection AND the sales guy's hp will probably ring off the hook on that day if any problems crop up. The guy agreed completely... .. harrassed by my father.

mm I think all of us will be at home the day of installation so it should be ok.

We haven't decided on who will get the casement at this moment. But I think it will likely be me. *sigh* but there are lots of logical reasons actually... Cos my bro's usage is much higher and the casement aircon is non-energy saving.. so I have to check if the wall mounted unit will use more or less energy compared to the casement. And also, my bro's more of a light sleeper and the casement will definitely be noisier... Since I rarely use the air con... I'll probably get the casement, unless there is some installation problem due to the layout of the rooms. :)

helo...

how much did you pay for the binds?

haha, you got pet bunny too ar??

how old is yous? I used to keep 1 too

$500+ from Jimmy Textiles.. and I asked for two cushions free. :)

Yupp! I have a bunny... Xiaobai...

bl100s.jpg

She's about 3 years old... :)

*SOB*

I already told my dad to be home.. in front of the sales guy, Mr Low. My dad asked them a lot a lot a lot of questions.. and even took home some of the insulation thing he promised my dad that they would use. My dad took some home and told them he would be comparing. He grilled them so much on every model and system and type and energy usage.... I told them.. if they didn't send someone skilled and patient to do my place... the person probably need not go home already cos he will not pass my dad's inspection AND the sales guy's hp will probably ring off the hook on that day if any problems crop up. The guy agreed completely... .. harrassed by my father.

mm I think all of us will be at home the day of installation so it should be ok.

We haven't decided on who will get the casement at this moment. But I think it will likely be me. *sigh* but there are lots of logical reasons actually... Cos my bro's usage is much higher and the casement aircon is non-energy saving.. so I have to check if the wall mounted unit will use more or less energy compared to the casement. And also, my bro's more of a light sleeper and the casement will definitely be noisier... Since I rarely use the air con... I'll probably get the casement, unless there is some installation problem due to the layout of the rooms. :)

Oh okie if thats the case that should be fine :)

btw your house electrical loading has been upgraded b4 ? cos some older flats like mine HDB has not upgraded the electrical loading therefore even if I wanted to fix a sys 4 there will be a certain limit I can reach and exceeding that will face the risk of power trip

$500+ from Jimmy Textiles.. and I asked for two cushions free. :)

Yupp! I have a bunny... Xiaobai...

bl100s.jpg

She's about 3 years old... :)

OMG !! so cute leh eh btw where's her eyes ah ? does she bite ? cos some bunnies bite when strangers touches them leh i kena bitten b4 :(

whoah this is a lop rite?

so fluffy!!!!!!

mine pass away at old age of 10+

recently saw a lot of dwarf at Tampines One.. so tempted to keep again

my house becoming Zoo liao

btw your house electrical loading has been upgraded b4 ? cos some older flats like mine HDB has not upgraded the electrical loading therefore even if I wanted to fix a sys 4 there will be a certain limit I can reach and exceeding that will face the risk of power trip

Kopi, the sales at GC hor advise me to take Starmex even thou we have the same issue with the electrical loading.

His explanation does make sense lah...

In future if HDB upgraded the block.. we will enjoy e full loading as well

mm not upgraded before so it's at 8.5A... which is why we had such a hard time looking for the system 4. But we couldn't settle for anything less if we wanted to cool all the rooms (we had long discussions about this). So it was pretty easy settling for the air con since we had so few choices.. and not all brands carried the combination we want with the electrical limit. :)

OMG !! so cute leh eh btw where's her eyes ah ? does she bite ? cos some bunnies bite when strangers touches them leh i kena bitten b4 :(

haha her eyes? The two black areas lor. She doesn't bite because she's not particularly afraid of anything. She wasn't even afraid of my bf's dogs. But she has a bad temper. If we irritate her or try to make fun of her she will step on our feet or purposely pee in front of us or stamp her feet very very loudly. :)

whoah this is a lop rite?

so fluffy!!!!!!

mine pass away at old age of 10+

recently saw a lot of dwarf at Tampines One.. so tempted to keep again

my house becoming Zoo liao

Yup she's a lionhead lop which is why she's so fluffy in front... LIke a mane.

So sorry to hear that yours is gone. I dread that feeling.. sigh.

Tampines One? Is there a pet shop there? The one on the top level?

Kopi, the sales at GC hor advise me to take Starmex even thou we have the same issue with the electrical loading.

His explanation does make sense lah...

In future if HDB upgraded the block.. we will enjoy e full loading as well

Wah if HDB really do upgrade the electrical loading I will go buy an additional sys 1 liao hehehehe :)