Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen: WAHHAHAHAH :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

I GOT THE LETTER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paiseh. should have been yesterday but I didn't open letterbox. LOL

Rasp...

According to your timeline...

1) They will send us the letter to confirm the purchase and ask for the layout (to shift those meter stuff).

Yup. If you took your loan from HDB you should have an easier time than me. But if like me, u took from bank then you still have to wait for the bank to revert and release your mortgage to your self-appointed lawyers.

2) After we revert about the layout, they will check if its acceptable and if so, they will send us another letter to tell us to shift the things according to the layout submitted.

Not you revert about the layout... it's your contractor must revert about the layout. You have to tell your contractor about this, then he gets his plumber and electrician to come down (separately) and draft out the layout and ask YOU to sign their draft before they submit on your behalf.

3) Then we can get the electrician to shift the meter. After which, we need to inform them that the shifting is completed, then they will send their TO down to check.

They will contact the electrician.. then he will make appt with you to come to your house to do. Then the TO like you said.. will come and take photos....

4) After their TO checked and its correct, then they will send another letter to confirm the shift and then advise on the purchase.

5) Only after the purchase is completed and they send us the letter to confirm, then we are allow to erect the wall and door to seal up the area that we purchased. And only then can we do the floor tiling of the recess area and any carpentry for that area.

Ya. must apply reno permit somemore... and did you read the above part? They deducted my money way before the electricals were done. URGHHHH

** Oh ya. I waited nearly 2 months for the first letter to come. hahahaha with the breakdown of costs... hahahaha so "fast" :)

Good Morning, Pink

Congrats!!! Great to read that your letter finally arrived. Hee.. I think we will start bugging HDB to expediate the process soon. Their process so 'fast' one ah.. 2months to get the first letter.. then I think my house reno over by then. That means I need to clean up again during the recess area reno.. *fainted.. think really must go bug them already. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HDB sells houses, yet they can get the postal code wrong??!!?! This is really classic.

Reminded me.. HDB keeps sending letters addressed to my seller to my new place! Are they even expecting that i'll be kind enough to spare them a room to sleepover after the 2nd appt!??! Dumb Dumb... i need gum gum. :curse:

Edited by mrspiglet

HDB sells houses, yet they can get the postal code wrong??!!?! This is really classic.

Reminded me.. HDB keeps sending letters addressed to my seller to my new place! Are they even expecting that i'll be kind enough to spare them a room to sleepover after the 2nd appt!??! Dumb Dumb... i need gum gum. :curse:

Pet: Wah, hear about the HDB screw up and red tap can be really infuriating. But at least its solved now.

Mrspiglet: I just encountered the same problem. I realised they're sending all their letters to my new address. And I think its quite pai seh to have the current owner call me and tell me like tell me 'hey, you got letter from HDB here'. After all, I technically am not the owner yet.

anything can go wrong...HDB sent me a letter of late payment for my mortage and charge me interest...i called them saying y the delay since everything is deducted thru CPF? they were dumbfolded and say sorry sorry will check. in the end, it's a miscomm...

really duno what these people are doing.

haiz... true enough.. anything and everything can go wrong. :P

gratz pet! look forward to seeing your reno part 2!

ME TOO! for a long time now..

Good Morning, Pink

Congrats!!! Great to read that your letter finally arrived. Hee.. I think we will start bugging HDB to expediate the process soon. Their process so 'fast' one ah.. 2months to get the first letter.. then I think my house reno over by then. That means I need to clean up again during the recess area reno.. *fainted.. think really must go bug them already. ;)

Will definitely be over... I think it really depends on area.. Someone received the breakdown within a week of enquiring. HAIZ. But since you've waited for 3 weeks then... shouldn't be too different from mine. :P

Pet: Wah, hear about the HDB screw up and red tap can be really infuriating. But at least its solved now.

Mrspiglet: I just encountered the same problem. I realised they're sending all their letters to my new address. And I think its quite pai seh to have the current owner call me and tell me like tell me 'hey, you got letter from HDB here'. After all, I technically am not the owner yet.

SAME! When I finally got the house.. I opened the letterbox and found A LOT OF MY letters already inside... apparently there for weeks! haiz HDB ah HDB...

*sidetrack*

join FB group for RT? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104319597634

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Last night I was talking to my mom.. and mom says that Uncle can actually start applying. I'm going to ask Uncle to do once 7th month starts cos that's when he has more time on his hands. Cos we're living here and cannot afford for the tiling of the recess to take more than 1 or 2 days... need it to be done fast otherwise cannot get into the house. haha :P

Wow, glad to know tt ur reno part 2 is ard the corner!

will keep coming back to see ur update :)

Hi Pet

Glad that your ordeal is over but unfortunately mine has just began (wanted to purchase my recess area too) :(

anyway I love your blinds very nice combination of colors :)

Wow, glad to know tt ur reno part 2 is ard the corner!

will keep coming back to see ur update :)

So paiseh until now no update. Pet's been super busy and these two weeks will be ultra busy too. but 7th Month's ard the corner and I reckon Uncle can start then. :)

Hi Pet

Glad that your ordeal is over but unfortunately mine has just began (wanted to purchase my recess area too) :(

anyway I love your blinds very nice combination of colors :)

Part 2 of my reno starting... haha doubt it'll be easy... :P Hope your process of buying will be easier than mine. I love my blinds too! hehe from Jimmy textiles. :)

Hihi pink,

You must be quite busy recently, hasn't seen you bubbling around. Good to see you back. :D

My recess area application also almost done. We just went to the branch office to make payment this afternoon. The officer told us that our contractor can start to apply permit for the enclosing the area already. And 2 weeks later, they will ask us to go down again to sign the legal docs. Hee.. thankfully, our application progress quite ok.

Hihi pink,

You must be quite busy recently, hasn't seen you bubbling around. Good to see you back. :D

My recess area application also almost done. We just went to the branch office to make payment this afternoon. The officer told us that our contractor can start to apply permit for the enclosing the area already. And 2 weeks later, they will ask us to go down again to sign the legal docs. Hee.. thankfully, our application progress quite ok.

haha YES super busy. SO busy that I don't have time to chase Uncle to do my recess but since it's now 7th month... I shall call him later!

Congrats on getting yours!!!

Sad. I've been calling Uncle since last week... and he hasn't turned up. My turn to kena aeroplanes. :huh:

You managed to get him already ?

you will only do it after the 7th month right ?

so i guess still got time to chase him bah, only thing you can do is try your best i guess :)

You managed to get him already ?

you will only do it after the 7th month right ?

so i guess still got time to chase him bah, only thing you can do is try your best i guess :)

Actually I want to do during 7th month.

So that he has a little more time. 8th month he will be SUPER busy. Busier than now. haiz.

Actually I want to do during 7th month.

So that he has a little more time. 8th month he will be SUPER busy. Busier than now. haiz.

Ya true true true especially at the end of the yr, everyone would love to have their house ready b4 CNY

Anyway you manage to contact him already ?