Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovee_cdc

Half Yearly Hdb Sales

for 1st appointments for choosing of flats... just curious to know...

how many ppl wld turn up for a day , i mean for those who got good queue no ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
maybe around 100?? coz last time i got que no 3** and being called for appointment on the 3rd day ...

that time i asked around on the internet. there's one gal with Q no. 18XX and her appt date is in Jan09. If we work backwards... 1st day of flat selection is on 10nov, from this day to jan09 there is at about 40days. if we minus off the weekends (14days) - assume there is no selection on sat as well, then there is a balance 26days.

HDB will get applicants down for selection of flats during office hours (9am to 5pm) Q no. 1800/26days = 70applicatnts for selection/booking of flats.

today is the third day of selection and to-date only 35 flats being selected. which means a total of 175 did not turn up for selection. or maybe the enthic already been exceeded for the location they desire, or their preferred flats already been selected... :dunno:

which means ppl with 2001 and above should still stand a chance, dont give up! btw, my no. 39XX. me and my bf both keeping our fingers crossed. we have shortlisted a total of 21 units (in buangkok) in our list but to-date already 9 being selected!! :bangwall:

Well, I would say nothing is fair in this world. My dad also had two children, my brother and I. But when he passed away, he left all his money, flat, insurance, gold and everything everything to my brother and I have nothing at all except some jewellery given by him when I got married. Although I'm not after his money but I do feel very sad.

Hi Nesh,

Sept balloting result will be out on 25 Nov and selection of flat in Jan 09.

just asking..why did he do that? are u a bad son? are u good to your dad?

Hi,

Those who have high number. Please don't raise your hope too high otherwise likely get disappointed. If still manage to select one, take it as a bonus.

Total 491 units. If people way in front with gd q number don't select, may mean the unit is really no gd....check out the neighbours there etc too.

that time i asked around on the internet. there's one gal with Q no. 18XX and her appt date is in Jan09. If we work backwards... 1st day of flat selection is on 10nov, from this day to jan09 there is at about 40days. if we minus off the weekends (14days) - assume there is no selection on sat as well, then there is a balance 26days.

HDB will get applicants down for selection of flats during office hours (9am to 5pm) Q no. 1800/26days = 70applicatnts for selection/booking of flats.

today is the third day of selection and to-date only 35 flats being selected. which means a total of 175 did not turn up for selection. or maybe the enthic already been exceeded for the location they desire, or their preferred flats already been selected... :dunno:

which means ppl with 2001 and above should still stand a chance, dont give up! btw, my no. 39XX. me and my bf both keeping our fingers crossed. we have shortlisted a total of 21 units (in buangkok) in our list but to-date already 9 being selected!! :bangwall:

i feel there are a few PRS who applied for flat without knowing that they are not eligible for flats.

To be eligibe for flats they need to have at least 1 sporean and 1 pr in order to get a brand new flat.

i guess many PRS applied without knowingly.

as for resale PRS are eligible ....

i feel there are a few PRS who applied for flat without knowing that they are not eligible for flats.

To be eligibe for flats they need to have at least 1 sporean and 1 pr in order to get a brand new flat.

i just heard from my fren who was marriage and bought a hse in sengkang 5 yrs ago,

he also got a qn number of 8xxx for this balloting

make me wonder how the system really works?

1st timer? 2nd timer only 1000 applicant difference only.

and i also know 1 couple who only looking at 2 of the Executive M for this balloting even through their chance of getting any of the flat available quite high at qn 150, likely they will give up if they are not able to get this flat..

mamy ppl will wish to be in his shoes :notti:

See that's the problem...All the balloting exercises are Over-subscribed due to 2nd timer taking a gamble. They just wan a particular type of flat like EM, EA to upgrade and don't wan to look in re-sale market due to the higher price n COV. Then if they get good Q no. and the flat is not there anymore, they simply give it up.

So u see, their selfishness led to many 1st timer's disappointment and for those who truly needs a house to call their own.

Really hope HDB would stop allowing 2nd timer to participate in the balloting scheme...not even the 10%

HDB wouldn't even accept their application.

hi magdalene, i think that gal is refering to me... my queue no is 1890, appt date 22Jan09. I hope by my turn all flats will be sold out... Cos what left over by that date should be those 2/3rd level flats or bad facing.

If i still get a chance to select and i reject the chance, i will be consider 1st time reject. 2times reject HDB and my first timer priority will be taken away.

See that's the problem...All the balloting exercises are Over-subscribed due to 2nd timer taking a gamble. They just wan a particular type of flat like EM, EA to upgrade and don't wan to look in re-sale market due to the higher price n COV. Then if they get good Q no. and the flat is not there anymore, they simply give it up.

So u see, their selfishness led to many 1st timer's disappointment and for those who truly needs a house to call their own.

Really hope HDB would stop allowing 2nd timer to participate in the balloting scheme...not even the 10%

i truly agree with u :(

hi magdalene, i think that gal is refering to me... my queue no is 1890, appt date 22Jan09. I hope by my turn all flats will be sold out... Cos what left over by that date should be those 2/3rd level flats or bad facing.

If i still get a chance to select and i reject the chance, i will be consider 1st time reject. 2times reject HDB and my first timer priority will be taken away.

Refined Application Process

5 To manage this growing trend of repeated non-selection, HDB will introduce the following revisions to the application process:

(a) First-timer applicants who reject 2 chances to select a flat will have their First-timer priorities removed for a 1-year period in HDB's sales exercises. This means that they will be treated like Second-timer applicants, and will no longer be able to ballot for the 90% of publicly available flats which HDB safeguards for First-timers. Details of the priorities they would not be able to enjoy in HDB sale exercises within that 1-year period

5 To manage this growing trend of repeated non-selection, HDB will introduce the following revisions to the application process:

(a) First-timer applicants who reject 2 chances to select a flat will have their First-timer priorities removed for a 1-year period in HDB's sales exercises. This means that they will be treated like Second-timer applicants, and will no longer be able to ballot for the 90% of publicly available flats which HDB safeguards for First-timers. Details of the priorities they would not be able to enjoy in HDB sale exercises within that 1-year period

hm .. i dont really believe in 1st or 2nd timer anymore .. seems all the same to me ....

hm .. i dont really believe in 1st or 2nd timer anymore .. seems all the same to me ....

Yeah, same here. I'm the 1st timer, been trying my luck for over a year now, the best Q number I got was 500 plus, and that's for around 200 available flats. This round the half year ballet I got a 4000 plus Q no. :(

So I bought a resale flat right after I knew the Q number, no more try for me ...

Edited by fengwei

Yeah, same here. I'm the 1st timer, been trying my luck for over a year now, the best Q number I got was 500 plus, and that's for around 200 available flats. This round the half year ballet I got a 4000 plus Q no. :(

So I bought a resale flat right after I knew the Q number, no more try for me ...

i also first timer.. been trying my luck for a yr plus. cannot afford resale thats why need to ballot... if 1st timer queue no is already so bad, hard to imagine whats the queue no for 2nd timer..

This HDB policy of 1st timer being treated as 2nd timers only applied for Balloting and BTO exercises. Those applied under the half yearly sale are not be affected.