Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovee_cdc

Half Yearly Hdb Sales

This HDB policy of 1st timer being treated as 2nd timers only applied for Balloting and BTO exercises. Those applied under the half yearly sale are not be affected.

That's not true. The half year sale is also ballot exercise, and I was informed that I'd get two chances to be selected since I'm the first timer. Well, still I got a 4941 Q no., not small enough to get me a HDB flat out of 683 available ones :(

i also first timer.. been trying my luck for a yr plus. cannot afford resale thats why need to ballot... if 1st timer queue no is already so bad, hard to imagine whats the queue no for 2nd timer..

Well, if you check the price of those HDB flats (new or BTO ones), they are not cheap any more. Besides, if you count in the 30k discount from HDB as a first timer if buying a resale one, the price difference is not huge. Plus you have more choices if buying a resale ones. Just check the half year sales, most available flats are either too far away from an mrt stn, or at very low floor. Not many good ones (good location and high floor) left ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
That's not true. The half year sale is also ballot exercise, and I was informed that I'd get two chances to be selected since I'm the first timer. Well, still I got a 4941 Q no., not small enough to get me a HDB flat out of 683 available ones :(

Well, if you check the price of those HDB flats (new or BTO ones), they are not cheap any more. Besides, if you count in the 30k discount from HDB as a first timer if buying a resale one, the price difference is not huge. Plus you have more choices if buying a resale ones. Just check the half year sales, most available flats are either too far away from an mrt stn, or at very low floor. Not many good ones (good location and high floor) left ...

ya, valuation might be reasonable but its the COV that we cannot afford. Made alot of calls to agents now but most are still asking COV of 20K. Low floor units asking for 10K. Only when the valuation is close to 500K then they sell at valuation. Seriously, i cant afford a flat which costs over 500K.

just asking..why did he do that? are u a bad son? are u good to your dad?

Hi richman,

Too bad I'm not the son but the daughter, so you see that may explains why I don't get a single cent. Anyway, I treated him well and I gave him pocket money almost every month ever since I started to work.

Hi richman,

Too bad I'm not the son but the daughter, so you see that may explains why I don't get a single cent. Anyway, I treated him well and I gave him pocket money almost every month ever since I started to work.

Hi alyplwwf,

Really sad to hear about it. I can understand how you feel especially when you have been treating him like your father.

But looking at the property market now, it may not be a good idea to get a unit as prices are coming down. If you are living alone, why not rent a room for $300-$400? When prices come down, than look again =) Ideally, you should only pay $200k to $240k for a 4 room flats in Jurong area =)

Hi alyplwwf,

Really sad to hear about it. I can understand how you feel especially when you have been treating him like your father.

But looking at the property market now, it may not be a good idea to get a unit as prices are coming down. If you are living alone, why not rent a room for $300-$400? When prices come down, than look again =) Ideally, you should only pay $200k to $240k for a 4 room flats in Jurong area =)

Hi richman,

I don have any problem with a flat now as I'm staying with my family in a 3rm flat, just that my brother-in-law will be getting married next year so we are looking for a place to move otherwise it looks too cramp with 5 people in the house.

Will see how's the q nos. with the balloting exercise then decide.

hi folks

there are no more 3 room flats available , do we still need to go down for the appointment ? :(

Edited by quoo

hi folks

there are no more 3 room flats available , do we still need to go down for the appointment ? :(

the answer is within ur question.. ")

no more 3 room = no need to go

i hope i wld have solved ur question.

the answer is within ur question.. ")

no more 3 room = no need to go

i hope i wld have solved ur question.

but will we be forfeit of our chance as first timer if we nvr turn up?

but will we be forfeit of our chance as first timer if we nvr turn up?

i think first time will be given 2 times chance, after that will be counted as 2nd timer .. correct me if i'm wrong :)

i think first time will be given 2 times chance, after that will be counted as 2nd timer .. correct me if i'm wrong :)

Had confirmed with HDB.... for Quarterly Sale or Half-Yearly Sale Exercises, you will still be treated as first timer even if you reject 2 times due to the limited choices of flat for selection.

Had confirmed with HDB.... for Quarterly Sale or Half-Yearly Sale Exercises, you will still be treated as first timer even if you reject 2 times due to the limited choices of flat for selection.

Ya, Becoz its HDB who "rejected" you....

I managed to get Blk 41 Chai Chee, i went to check out the place and it is not repurchased. I found out fm the neighbours that the units which are all corner units are those 4 room flats which are rented to JTC. I was initially worried if the units were haunted but when we found out the reasons , i can choose that flat relieved rather than wondering what was wrong with the units.. Its very peculiar to have many units in one blk empty and those which the last 2 digits of the door which was same.

I managed to get Blk 41 Chai Chee, i went to check out the place and it is not repurchased. I found out fm the neighbours that the units which are all corner units are those 4 room flats which are rented to JTC. I was initially worried if the units were haunted but when we found out the reasons , i can choose that flat relieved rather than wondering what was wrong with the units.. Its very peculiar to have many units in one blk empty and those which the last 2 digits of the door which was same.

That block was facing directly a mosque which many people don feel easy as I heard the old folks saying staying near / opposite mosque / temple / etc will bring bad luck. For that reason, I gave up choosing that place though is a very good location.

Pandon me may be I'm a bit ban tan.