Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Recommend Any Good Agent

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest Goobii

THE Housing Board will be releasing, "in a couple of months", results of a review of housing rules to determine if any of them allow speculation in HDB flats, said National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan on Wednesday.

The review could result in the tightening of rules to prevent Singaporeans from buying an HDB flat only to sell it later to make money or to rent it out, without actually living in it.

Depending on factors like flat type, owners cannot sell or rent out their flat until they have lived in it for up to seven and five years respectively.

Mr Mah said that he did not know the extent of speculation, but said it is worth looking into because "anecdotally, you do hear of one or two cases, so we have to make sure this is not happening".

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the International Housing Conference, which ends today, Mr Mah said HDB flats are primarily for owner occupation, and not speculation or rental investment.

He said: "I want to make sure (speculation) is not inflating the market artificially."

He asked the HDB to step up enforcement, too, so that "people don't flout the rules and get away with it".

HDB statistics last week showed that resale-flat prices rose by 3.9 per cent in the final three months of last year to take the full-year increase to 8.2 per cent.

The median cash-over-valuation (COV) paid for resale HDB flats also doubled in the last quarter from $12,000 in the third quarter last year. COV is the cash paid over and above the valuation of a flat.

Prices of new HDB flats are set at a discount from the market prices of nearby resale flats.

On concerns over new-flat prices rising as resale-flat prices grow on the back of a booming economy, Mr Mah said that wages would also be high in such a scenario.

He said that it should not be assumed that flat prices would go up continuously, adding that a year ago, the median COV was almost zero.

Nevertheless, Mr Mah assured Singaporeans that when HDB prices its flats, it always takes into account the incomes of the people applying for flats.

He added that HDB flats were well within the means of most Singaporeans, as eight out of 10 do not pay cash to service their mortgage loans, but use funds from their Central Provident Fund contributions.

i have a very good agent who help me get a very good flat at bedok, he went all the way to help me, even drive me to the flat to view.

Plus point for this agent:

1) good attitude

2) put himself in the buyer shoes

3) did not force me to decide hastily

4) do a very good follow up

5) defend me when a rouge agent try to get more money out of me

THIS IS THE BEST AGENT I MET AND I RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE SELLING OR BUYING A FLAT OR CONDO

My agent is Stephanie Sim from Dennis Wee. Very very nice lady. Patient and not pushy. Highly recommended.

If you interested, PM me for contacts. :yamseng:

Why get an agent? Like a property, offer, agree and go straight to the lawyer. Save the seller and yourself a total of 1-3% commission.

Agents can help provide a variety of services and advice to help you with your sale. Commission is negotiable with the agent too. I used to think like you but now I feel that it is beneficial to use the agent's services.

Yup, whether you need agent or not, is up to you. If you're feeling lazy, then just have to pay for the services (and hope that it's good service).

But there are sometimes when having an agent can be beneficial, especially if the agent acts in your interest e.g. helps you get the price you want.

Try this agent, he is Alvin from Huttons. His HP number is 97661887. He is very professional and help me to get a good flat at a good price. Anyone wants to sell or buy condo or flat, can call him

Try this agent, he is Alvin from Huttons. His HP number is 97661887. He is very professional and help me to get a good flat at a good price. Anyone wants to sell or buy condo or flat, can call him

I thought you are an agent.

Hi,

You may call Alvin (ERA) @ 9116 5116

Tell him recommended by Serene.

We did a contra, sold our 3-rm & bought a very nice 4-rm (both at a good price) thru him.

Very hardworking, attentive & friendly chap.

I think getting a good agent is by sheer luck . Prefer someone who is patient & yet efficient. Met a few agents while selling off my previous flat, and because mine is a little complicated,so hiccups here and there. And some like not even interested in my four room flat !#$#$%^% !! Luckily my last agent managed to settle my problems and transaction smoothly. I recommend to my colleague also, and she just finalised her transation last month. ;)

If you need the contact, pm me, cos don't wanna post it here.

My agent recently help me to sell a unit for a very good price ard my area. He was very patient throut and will try his utmost best to match the criteria that I want. Even during the HDB appointment, he offer to give us a ride to and fro.

If anyone want his contact (from GLOBE), PM me. :)

Hi, need recommendation of good agent who is patient, reliable & efficient (no pressure seeling type) to look for a HDB flat.

The area I am looking at are JW, JE, CCK or woodland.

Anyone that encounter good agent, appreciate if you can share the contact. Thanks.