Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Materials That U Regret Using/ Installing

hihi. Does "The Helping Hands" movers provide cardboard boxes? Heard good comments about them in this forum too

Yes, they do

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Born Again,

I found the helping hand by chance. We have never used them before. Are they good? I tried to engaged Shalom, cos heard they were good but they are very ex hence I engaged helping hand. :)

we also found them by chance when we first moved house in 2005. We didnt compare with other movers as we thought we should give these ex-addicts a chance. They were very nice and careful with our stuff. In fact, we found them not that experience, probably they were new to this whole moving biz.

This time round, we got a few quotes and still choose them as they were the cheapest n also very sincere. We're surprised that they are so experienced now. Really pity them cos they had to move the stuff 2 floors down from lift landing especially our huge side-by-side fridge n the marble table. Bravo to them! They really did a good job. On that day, we couldnt get everything into one load and had to get them to make a 2nd trip to really empty our old house. The most senior fellow gave us a reasonable quote for the 2nd trip.

There are many movers in the market and I'm sure Helping Hand is one of the few who provides good service. We ordered curry puffs from Old Chang Kee to be delivered roughly the same time as when they would finish moving our stuff and also got drinks for them. Hahaha, they still remembered they helped us move to our old place in 2005 cos we also bought food and drinks for them.

we also found them by chance when we first moved house in 2005. We didnt compare with other movers as we thought we should give these ex-addicts a chance. They were very nice and careful with our stuff. In fact, we found them not that experience, probably they were new to this whole moving biz.

This time round, we got a few quotes and still choose them as they were the cheapest n also very sincere. We're surprised that they are so experienced now. Really pity them cos they had to move the stuff 2 floors down from lift landing especially our huge side-by-side fridge n the marble table. Bravo to them! They really did a good job. On that day, we couldnt get everything into one load and had to get them to make a 2nd trip to really empty our old house. The most senior fellow gave us a reasonable quote for the 2nd trip.

There are many movers in the market and I'm sure Helping Hand is one of the few who provides good service. We ordered curry puffs from Old Chang Kee to be delivered roughly the same time as when they would finish moving our stuff and also got drinks for them. Hahaha, they still remembered they helped us move to our old place in 2005 cos we also bought food and drinks for them.

Can pm me what is the quote. For my stuff, I think one trip might not be enough.

Will they provide us with those transparent "plastic wrapper"? For example to wrap around your mattress to protect it from dirt during transportation? As those movers will surely have to rest it on the road while carrying it down to their truck. i scare they might dirty it le..

Any advise?

Will they provide us with those transparent "plastic wrapper"? For example to wrap around your mattress to protect it from dirt during transportation? As those movers will surely have to rest it on the road while carrying it down to their truck. i scare they might dirty it le..

Any advise?

Are you refering to Helping Hands or other movers?

On the day of the move, Helping Hands use the 'cling wrap' to wrap my bed, mattress, tv, cupboards, washing machine and refrigerator before moving

Are you refering to Helping Hands or other movers?

On the day of the move, Helping Hands use the 'cling wrap' to wrap my bed, mattress, tv, cupboards, washing machine and refrigerator before moving

Yeah... thats what im talking abt.. so, great that Helping Hands are providing it...

Can i know how much they charge per trip per truck? also how much they charge (if any) for the empty boxes? Would there be any hidden/extra cost etc we should be aware of?

thanks!

Yeah... thats what im talking abt.. so, great that Helping Hands are providing it...

Can i know how much they charge per trip per truck? also how much they charge (if any) for the empty boxes? Would there be any hidden/extra cost etc we should be aware of?

thanks!

no hidden cost from them. Call them and get them to come over to your place, if required and get a quote from them.

Wanted to give my condo interior a different colour before I moved in. Paid the renovation contractor to paint my walls. Happily selected the wall paint of a well known brand but forgot all about the ceiling paint. Since ceiling is always white, who would go to the trouble of selecting a white paint and brand? That's when my nightmare begin. The painter painted my ceiling white as specified but they used what appears to be a generic white paint. Within days of painting, patches of mold started growing. Now it has been 2 years since I moved in and there are still mold on it. The mold in the ceiling releases spores that spread to furniture and clothings. The ceiling smells musty and awful. Guest enters the house and ask about the smell. So embarassing. Bit by bit, I have cleaned away the ceiling mold and repainted using a good paint with anti fungus properties. I have spent many hours of my free time to do the re-painting of my ceilings.

My advice...don't ever buy any cheap paint without anti mold properties. It is not worth the little bit of $ savings.

Yes, I cannot agree more on the type of paint. It's a pain in the neck when such problem occur.

I stick by Medifresh and refrain using cheaper range even, though colors maybe limited.

I've used once a more pricey paint because of it's nice color but after awhile mites crawled around the walls & ceiling.

Cleaned the walls many times but they keep coming. In the end, I repainted the room with Medifresh & mites are gone.

I find it strange too, but guess won't give a chance in future.

Yes, I cannot agree more on the type of paint. It's a pain in the neck when such problem occur.

I stick by Medifresh and refrain using cheaper range even, though colors maybe limited.

I've used once a more pricey paint because of it's nice color but after awhile mites crawled around the walls & ceiling.

Cleaned the walls many times but they keep coming. In the end, I repainted the room with Medifresh & mites are gone.

I find it strange too, but guess won't give a chance in future.

So you used Medifresh. Must try out this type when my current white paint runs out. Using a branded paint but not the Medifresh range.

I tried Pentalite and All in one before, those tiny creatures seems to roam around freely.

So far, find Medifresh more effective. I wonder if any other paint will do the same.

Hi,

Anyone has problem wt Lbox or false ceiling? I like to have downlights at me new place but worry that the Lbox or false ceiling will give way after a few yrs.

Anyone can share? :rolleyes:

thanks in advance.

Best regards!

1) Amasco brand fans: Bought two for bedrooms, both got spoilt within 3 months, had to pay $35 'transportation fee' even though it was under warranty. Master bedroom fan spoilt again after 6 months, this time I threw it out and replaced it with crestar - working superb so far. The other one is now going so slow, even at max speed it is slower than the medium speed setting on my crestar.

2) Any IKEA brand tables, book shelves, etc that are not solid pine wood, i.e., almost all the ikea junk they sell made of particle board and similar material. They simply can't handle the weight and start sagging and looking ugly after a few months. Even my computer table which had a small printer and an LCD monitor started sagging. The bookshelf was a disaster after 3 months.

Is the Crestar fan more ecpensive than Amasco?

Must I fixed special switch to have LED lights? Just order other lights and LEd lights for my dinning area which cost $300 include installation. Didn't hear them say must replace switches?