Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Materials That U Regret Using/ Installing

i think wat he's trying to refer to are those square-shaped wash basins. if the basin is not slightly sloped towards the drainage hole, den water will collect at the four corners of the basin and hence, accumulation of dirt or water stains.

Alamak, bought a square-shaped basin and installing it nx month...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
As someone who does all the washing & cleaning, I totally agree with Webbit.

My TV, hi-fi, DVD players, sofa & bed headboards are all in black.

Dust can seen more easily as compared to surfaces of lighter colours.

I wipe them once a week but dust can be seen after a few days.

Try not wiping them for 2 weeks and it's obvious enough for my spouse to say,"Wah, how come our house is so dusty?!"

maybe it also depends on what kind of "dust" you're getting at your home... Our home is near road side so the dust is black black one... it's super visible on light-colour surfaces but can't see on black/dark-colour furniture~ hahaha :lol:

very informative thread..shud keep this thread alive !! Especially for newbies like me :D

haha yea very informative! they should make this thread sticky! :D

Have anyone use chandaliers.....tot of using for dining and living? Any comments?

Yap, living hall got 2, from previous owner.

Immediately, change 1 to fan.

After 1 more year both come down.

Dusty and use 6 incandescent bulbs .... Not ECO friendly....

If really wanna use, must use Swarovski Crystal. Not those cheapo version.

Yap, living hall got 2, from previous owner.

Immediately, change 1 to fan.

After 1 more year both come down.

Dusty and use 6 incandescent bulbs .... Not ECO friendly....

If really wanna use, must use Swarovski Crystal. Not those cheapo version.

Swarovski Crystal..wow...must be very very ex...pocket aso shiong..hahaha...

maybe it also depends on what kind of "dust" you're getting at your home... Our home is near road side so the dust is black black one... it's super visible on light-colour surfaces but can't see on black/dark-colour furniture~ hahaha :lol:

our house is beside the road too...but the dust is 'white/grey'!

maybe it's the type of vehicles that pass by, or the type of wind that blows ard our area?!?! :P

i noticed that we're staying at complete opposite end of Singapore - maybe that explains why!! :D

Edited by booksntoys

Why no body use Mitsubishi Electric Inverter system? I am using now and the FCU is silent to me as I only sleep about 2m away from the FCU.

The only regret installation for me are the living hall air-con unit location and the PLL energy saving ceiling lamps that uses of 2 tubes of 36W each lamp. Everytime light on is 72w :jawdrop: Total 8 set of PLL ceiling lamp, I should have gotten those round light tube type. And also the kitchen sink, mine is under SIMS brand and because it within our budget, we get that brand and end up easily scratch on the sink when washing. :bangwall:

there's a thread in RT on -ve reviews on Mitsubishi.

Many salespersons in Courts & Gain City dun recommend it and some told us that it's not cold.

As for kitchen sink, i bought an anti-scratch one from Poh Seng Hardware @ Jln Besah

I regretted getting water-saving W.C.s. The reason why it's water saving is because the flush is not strong.

I bought Claytan one-piece toilet bowl - you need at least 2 flushes before toilet paper completely disappears (and it's not as if I use half a toilet roll). For "chocolate cakes", you need to flush SEVERAL times - defeating the purpose of it being water-saving.

there's a thread in RT on -ve reviews on Mitsubishi.

Many salespersons in Courts & Gain City dun recommend it and some told us that it's not cold.

As for kitchen sink, i bought an anti-scratch one from Poh Seng Hardware @ Jln Besah

im pretty satisfied with Mit Aircon (non-inverter, system 2) done up by Gain City. Installation was fast and furious, me is satisfied. :)

my MBR size is 5.2m by 2.9m. My MBR toilet has no door as well.

But the air con cools the room pretty fast.

But one thing is that i sleep quite near the aircon, so maybe that helps... :)

I regretted getting water-saving W.C.s. The reason why it's water saving is because the flush is not strong.

I bought Claytan one-piece toilet bowl - you need at least 2 flushes before toilet paper completely disappears (and it's not as if I use half a toilet roll). For "chocolate cakes", you need to flush SEVERAL times - defeating the purpose of it being water-saving.

if i am not wrong, under the new ruling, all water-consuming devices must be checked and endorsed by PUB wrt to water efficiency.

in other words, those unchecked fixtures, taps, mixers, wc bowls are not supposed to be on sale.

1 piece Baron bowl 2 ticks, with soft closing seat. 1 flush okay. Of course need to use bidget to spray choc cakes first la :)

I had use Mit Elect & Elect, both quite and cold (26c at low fan) All mounted on top of the room door.

Only regret using ceiling rect 2X36 PLL rect lamp. Flickers due to the ballast and bulb fail in less than 6 months. Got time, will change to those CFL type. But initial cost a bit higher.

if i am not wrong, under the new ruling, all water-consuming devices must be checked and endorsed by PUB wrt to water efficiency.

in other words, those unchecked fixtures, taps, mixers, wc bowls are not supposed to be on sale.

Yes, must get the checked ones. But just get the 1-tick type.. don't bother looking at the 2 or 3 ticks type.

Got ours from Otto - water-saving & has soft-closing seat.

No problem with the water-saving flush - 1 short flush is sufficient

1 piece Baron bowl 2 ticks, with soft closing seat. 1 flush okay. Of course need to use bidget to spray choc cakes first la :)

I had use Mit Elect & Elect, both quite and cold (26c at low fan) All mounted on top of the room door.

Only regret using ceiling rect 2X36 PLL rect lamp. Flickers due to the ballast and bulb fail in less than 6 months. Got time, will change to those CFL type. But initial cost a bit higher.

your 2 x 36W using philips electronic ballast?