Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Materials That U Regret Using/ Installing

your 2 x 36W using philips electronic ballast?

Yes, those you see in lighting.com, Phillips but not electronics ballast, Electromagnetic type with starters. PLL lamps is those with 2 pins. Heard you got 8 of these?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yes, those you see in lighting.com, Phillips but not electronics ballast, Electromagnetic type with starters. PLL lamps is those with 2 pins. Heard you got 8 of these?

oh, u mean the one with Atco magnetic ballast? Tot magnetic ballast lasts longer than electronic ones?

oh, u mean the one with Atco magnetic ballast? Tot magnetic ballast lasts longer than electronic ones?

Last longer, not sure. PLL lamp is the patent name given by Phillips. As for the ballast, my friend change all his ballast to Electronics type, so far so good. Instant start and quiet.

As for me... dun like all the simi ballast, will look for CFL lights. 11W can make 80w :)

Last longer, not sure. PLL lamp is the patent name given by Phillips. As for the ballast, my friend change all his ballast to Electronics type, so far so good. Instant start and quiet.

As for me... dun like all the simi ballast, will look for CFL lights. 11W can make 80w :)

ya,got the 8 pcs philips t5 batten Vector lighting in my bedrooms...

Great thread!

I know this is a renovation forum and many people do built in furniture, but from experience the finishing of built-in furniture can never be as good as those you buy... (unless your contractor has superb workmanship!) Plus if you move you'll not be able to take them away, and the next owner is likely to hack them off. I prefer to buy furniture and will only use built-in furniture as a last resort due to space constraints. Unfortunately, space constraint is a very real problem in Singapore, especially for developments with bay windows, planter boxes etc.

The other thing. As much as plenty of storage space is awesome, you also end up storing a lot of useless rubbish which should be thrown away years ago. During my first reno we asked the contractor to build many many many storage cabinets in the living room. It made the room look really cramped and most of the cabinets ended up quite empty. If you start with a bit first, you can always add more later.

Lastly, always always always request to look at the workmanship of your ID/contractor before you commit. We made this mistake when we chose an ID with ambitious design, but didn't have the workmanship to execute the designs well. No amount of rectification could solve that problem.

Joven instant heater is the worst! Mine is the digital temperature one.

I've had it for almost 5 years and the service men came at least once every 6 months. Each time I had to pay up to $100. The last straw came and I decided to change to 707, since then ive not had any prob.

actually, a white solid surface for kitchen top is

* pretty to look at

* but very difficult to maintain

After moving in for 2 months,

and being very conscientious & meticulous in

keeping the kitchen top clean & w/o stains,

I still can't avoid the inevitable

--> stains & scratches.

Stains that can't be removed - newspaper prints, bread plastic bag prints, dirty hand prints.

Dun ever use Cif cos it'll cause discoloration.

Joven instant heater is the worst! Mine is the digital temperature one.

I've had it for almost 5 years and the service men came at least once every 6 months. Each time I had to pay up to $100. The last straw came and I decided to change to 707, since then ive not had any prob.

I think 707 is really a trustworthy and reliable water heater brand. Joven is probably only good for storage water heater. Cheers!

black solid surface top for kitchen & bathroom. permanent water stains and scratches all over. have to diligently dry the whole area everytime.

Cheap Clayton toilet bowl $180. whenever i flush, water and poo splashes onto the cover and floor! and of course, doesn't flush clean. always have to flush twice. moral of story: never save on toilet bowl! go for TOTO!

black solid surface top for kitchen & bathroom. permanent water stains and scratches all over. have to diligently dry the whole area everytime.

Cheap Clayton toilet bowl $180. whenever i flush, water and poo splashes onto the cover and floor! and of course, doesn't flush clean. always have to flush twice. moral of story: never save on toilet bowl! go for TOTO!

Problem is now wc bowls have to undergo pub testing for water efficiency. Those bowls that have more ticks will need flushing more than one time to really have a clean bowl. So in the end u dun save water from flushing at all. Same thing for those taps…Haaa

Problem is now wc bowls have to undergo pub testing for water efficiency. Those bowls that have more ticks will need flushing more than one time to really have a clean bowl. So in the end u dun save water from flushing at all. Same thing for those taps…Haaa

Wow...didn't know Toilet WC bowl can give such problem!

Luckily I decline the toilet bowl which comes with my reno package, asked the ID to remove them as I prefered to choose the design I want.

Haha black and white kitchen top also commented....

I am supposed to pick either one

If i've to choose again, I'll choose granite or marble or anything that's anti-scratch / anti-stain :P

If i've to choose again, I'll choose granite or marble or anything that's anti-scratch / anti-stain :P

If I choose again, I will not choose those with black spot.

Very difficult to spot and track those ants.