Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

Mm.. interesting topics.. I will stick one leg in... :D

Family04, sorry for flooding your t-blog...

Since the past few weeks, the weather is really killing me... Kinda regret not getting system 4 aircon, now everytime I sit in living room, I am sweating even though I'm not doing anything!! We bought 1 tower fan, but.. even though it's windy, it's still quite warm...

But after reading these posts, I think stormcontrol calculation makes sense, so probably we should get one portable aircon. Anyone try portable aircon before? We had one before, very old one. You have to put ice cubes otherwise, it's just normal fan.. I saw there're a few portable aircons selling for around 200 bucks only, are they the same as the old type where you have to put ice cubes?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

asugama

i had a portable aircon at my mum's place! must pull water but the water cannot last thru the night.. so halfway no more aircon. But at least it draws away humid air so the room is not that hot even after turning it off.

Portable cooler and portable aircon is diff thou they look similar. The portable aircon's downside is must find a 'hole' in the window to slot the 'exhaust pipe (i dunno what's that tube called)' for the hot air to be released.

@pet: my parents running daikin system 3 inverter (R22). And europace window aircon iirc.

This is only my little compare and contrast of pros and cons of the various options we home-owners have for cooling our houses:

Natural air: Pro = It's free!!! Con = Depends on weather and season. Hot natural air is the reason why you're even contemplating air-con in the 1st place isn't it??

Fan: Pro = cheapest of the cooling options bah. Con = fan only improves airflow. The air is still the same temperature, it's only the windchill effect you're feeling. Humidity remains the same too.

Window Aircon: Pro = Easy to install. Mount and forget. Con = Not very cooling. Very loud! And may not be able to install on some windows

Portable Aircon: Pro = it's portable, duh. Con = quite ma fan to setup. Exhaust must aim outside the window, means that placement is not as flexible as we thought (but still the most flexible outside of using fans). Also most systems to deliver water to it are quite ley cheh as well.

Standard aircon: Pro = proven best in cooling. Con = the most irritating to install especially if your house is already all done up. Trunking needs to be laid following some strict rules and where they go will restrict your placement of furniture and home fittings. And in the end, the trunking/piping will be very ugly. Also the most expensive option.

i saw at fairprice selling those fans that also blow out mist to sorta provide coolong effects.

I still very much stick to fans and aircon...

storm, u study electrical de huh? lighting and aircon all hv good insights leh :)

received a call from Goodrich, YESH...my wallpaper arrived!!

But hor, this gal is **** cute! converstaion something like that...

SA: Hi familyof4, I am from goodrich and your wallpaper arrived. when can we install them?

Me: oh...anytime soonest. I am only waiting fro the wallpaper.

SA: so when do you want it?

Me: earliest appointment that you can give me.

SA: erm....

Me: Ok then, i decide. THis saturday morning. How about that?

SA: I am afraid I need to check and call you back on the schedule.

so in the first place asking me to tell her when I want to install? and she has to check for the earliest slot for the installation? then y call me when she does not have the schedule? hmm...

Edited by familyof4

SA: Hi familyof4, I am from goodrich and your wallpaper arrived. when can we install them?

so in the first place asking me to tell her when I want to install? and she has to check for the earliest slot for the installation? then y call me when she does not have the schedule? hmm...

hahaha so funny....think they just want to assured you the wall paper arrived....ears itchy...u just mention only...

hehehe...typical answer...call with no purpose..:P

btw...was asking u earlier on for how much u pay for yr wall paper...care to share?:P

hahaha so funny....think they just want to assured you the wall paper arrived....ears itchy...u just mention only...

yah lor...i was jst thinking about it today and they called liao! hmm...but call hor, like never call...

hehehe...typical answer...call with no purpose..:P

btw...was asking u earlier on for how much u pay for yr wall paper...care to share?:P

mine includes installation is $674. quite a killjoy to get excited about the wallpaper then gotta wait for them to revert. :s

yah lor...i was jst thinking about it today and they called liao! hmm...but call hor, like never call...

mine includes installation is $674. quite a killjoy to get excited about the wallpaper then gotta wait for them to revert. :s

Aiya,,nvm la.....i believe the wait will be over soon.:) Thanks for the info....see if i have any budget for wallpaper liao..:P

Aiya,,nvm la.....i believe the wait will be over soon.:) Thanks for the info....see if i have any budget for wallpaper liao..:P

but my wallpaper is just for the tc feature wall, that is 8ft x 2000mm. now waiting patiently for them to call me back.

I am in a foul mood as I am updating this!

Firstly, the fans and rice cooker I ordered from Asia Excel (IMM) failed to arrive today tho promised to!

Next, this La Cafa really sux! I remember my nice chairs were supposed to be delivered and in the end, these came instead! As I was not home to receive the good, I saw that those were the WRONG pieces SENT!!!! I am not going to swallow this! I searched my previous postings and true enough, pictures speaks louder!

Click here to see my selection...

and they sent me cheapo looking chairs!

renon008.jpg

the chair we selected is on the RHS

newbuys008.jpg

The invoice states model number, but i have a picture as proof...I will see what they say and update again!

*take a deep breath*

On a lighter note, for safety reasons, we got a gate to block the little one from climbing up and down the stairs...

renon010.jpg

HN bedframes are coming on friday. In case you thought they called, no...I asked Hubby to called them instead!

Edited by familyof4

take a deep breath in............

breath out.........slowly...

cool down..

is the model number on your invoice the same as what u selected? if it is, go to la cafa straight. dun bother calling aly. cuz to them, the delivery is done. case closed. what i suggest is..take a pic of what was delivered and bring ur invoice there...then tell them to show u the chair with the model number in the invoice. and show them the pic of chairs delivered. most imptly, talk to the person in charge directly. dun bother to talk to those sales ppl....

Aiyo...yr furniture is giving u so much prob....it look so much diff lor..

have u called them to inform?Hopefully they can give u the nice nice chair.....

one after another...really fed up!

take a deep breath in............

breath out.........slowly...

cool down..

is the model number on your invoice the same as what u selected? if it is, go to la cafa straight. dun bother calling aly. cuz to them, the delivery is done. case closed. what i suggest is..take a pic of what was delivered and bring ur invoice there...then tell them to show u the chair with the model number in the invoice. and show them the pic of chairs delivered. most imptly, talk to the person in charge directly. dun bother to talk to those sales ppl....

when he was telling us, it was!

I really have no time to take leave off work and go argue...i will call them up 1st...

if really cannot, i will drop by and make sure every potential customers walk out of that shop!!! really buay tahan!

first the long delay w/o a convincing explanation, then this! URGH!!!!

one after another...really fed up!

when he was telling us, it was!

I really have no time to take leave off work and go argue...i will call them up 1st...

if really cannot, i will drop by and make sure every potential customers walk out of that shop!!! really buay tahan!

first the long delay w/o a convincing explanation, then this! URGH!!!!

how about going there on sat? i believe thats when they have the most number of walk-in customers..and u no need to take leave