Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greenpeace_sg

Journey To Our Love Nest

Where is this uncle soon shop located? how much diff between him and other Id who had quoted u le?

Ah soon dun have shop. My IDs quoted me $40-50K and alot of carpentry not included. My quote from ah soon is $35K include everything.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thats why i prefer Id over contractor as i need someone to supervise and coordinate things so me... :)

btw, im still waiting for my keys... hopefully will be able to get it by July ba :(

Then ID for you ba! :) You'll probably feel more secure. :)

Yah... the biggest challenge is to place my tv console in my long and narrow hall.. am thinking to hack away the kitchen wall and to extend a hollow wall out from the bomb shelter, so i can have a bigger space to fix my feature wall and tv console.

btw, whats WIW?

yah that's the first thing that comes to my mind when you mentioned your difficulty in placing the tv console :good:

as for ah soon, i believe he does the coordination for you too

so the only different between him (main contractor) and ID is the 3D pictures

of course cost is a plus point :notti:

but i'll have a hard time thinking about laying out my tv console and master room wardrobe... :P

Hi fellow FC,

My 1st foray in renotalk and nice to see fellow FC resident starting their reno blog.

Me too spending lots of hardpain hours thinking of the tv console & MBR wardrobe (a/c ledge window is posing a big challenge). :bangwall:

Hi fellow FC,

My 1st foray in renotalk and nice to see fellow FC resident starting their reno blog.

Me too spending lots of hardpain hours thinking of the tv console & MBR wardrobe (a/c ledge window is posing a big challenge). :bangwall:

hiya.. thats y i was thinking to have my L-shape wardrobe placed just infront of the a/c ledge's window... and have a tic-tac door at the back of the wardrobe, an opening that you will need to access to the window for a/c servicing in the future... :)

btw juezz, which blk are you from? have u received any loan letter yet?

The toilet at FC look much better than the toilet at FG.

Why HDB have tis color sense?? :bangwall:

Congrats to ur new place, getting keys soon??

haha... ya, one of my friend also living in FG, both the toilet wall tiles color really s*uck...

but i think our FC ones not much better la... except that i can retain the WC since it is in white... as for the rest.. i'll still overlay them. :P

i have not got my keys yet.. but "hopefully" will be getting it somewhere near mid-late July.

stevetang, your hse looks really nice (and cute daughter u have) :P

How much u spent on your reno? and which Id u engaged?

btw... how much u spent on electrical as well? like switch, points etc

stevetang, your hse looks really nice (and cute daughter u have) :P

How much u spent on your reno? and which Id u engaged?

btw... how much u spent on electrical as well? like switch, points etc

Thanks. :D

Total cost $19.5k excluding aircon.

My ID is in my signature. Classic design -gina

She not exactly an ID, more like contractor based, as most of the design i already have in mind and she helped me to bring out everything tat i wanted.

Electrical not much, as i only added 1powerpt in kitchen, and the cove in the living area only. Others are just as wat HDB have given me.

My reno only include:

1) Homo tiles for living and 2 bedrm

2) laminate for MBR

3) L-box and cove area for living

4) Kitchen cabin

5) HHS feature wall

6) MBR wardrobe 7.5ft

7) Grills for whole hse and windows for SY

8) Doors for all rm and 2 toilet bi-fold door

9) Shower screen in MBR toilet

10) Painting of whole hse

Tat all cost me $19.5k

Edited by stevetang

Anyone had any experience with Best Tech? Just purchased a sys 3 air-con from them in expo reno fair, but then come to know many bad comments abt them on renotalk... worry now...... Sad

i got my air-con from them more than a year ago

thankfully my experience was not too bad

things to note

1. must be VERY firm with the customer service when it comes to making appt for installation

2. call to confirm the appt one day before to prevent any miscommunication or forgetfulness of the CSO

3. i bought the workers lunch and was around throughout the whole installation

4. check their handiwork before letting them go. the workers chipped my service yard wall. heng my painter was around and he told them to fix it before leaving

a week after installation, we found that the air-con wasn't cool

so we called and they promptly came down to 'refill' the gas...

i got my air-con from them more than a year ago

thankfully my experience was not too bad

things to note

1. must be VERY firm with the customer service when it comes to making appt for installation

2. call to confirm the appt one day before to prevent any miscommunication or forgetfulness of the CSO

3. i bought the workers lunch and was around throughout the whole installation

4. check their handiwork before letting them go. the workers chipped my service yard wall. heng my painter was around and he told them to fix it before leaving

a week after installation, we found that the air-con wasn't cool

so we called and they promptly came down to 'refill' the gas...

i have decided to cancel my order and forgo my 200 bucks deposit... as i think its too much risk involved based on their lousy reputation. i rather to lose my 200 bucks now than having so much prob in the future... potentially destroying my newly reno hse with water leakage etc.... no way!

For instance, having a "non-cool" aircon just a week old is totally unacceptable. Just bad luck for me, i should have done my homework b4 buying it... :curse:

i guess i'm really lucky then

other than the air-con gas top-up, there is absolutely no complain after the installation

no leakage or anything

but then again, i didn't insist on the way the trunking was ran i.e. i relied solely on the advise of the installer

initially wanted to run the trunking across my room door but the guy said that way the water can't run smoothly so had to run the trunking around my room... :dunno:

hiya.. thats y i was thinking to have my L-shape wardrobe placed just infront of the a/c ledge's window... and have a tic-tac door at the back of the wardrobe, an opening that you will need to access to the window for a/c servicing in the future... :)

btw juezz, which blk are you from? have u received any loan letter yet?

I'm oso thinking of the same idea of an opening at the back of the wardrobe to access the a/c ledge. Gr8 minds think alike... ;)

I'm frm 439A, nxt blk 2 u :D

My HLE already approved 1st Apr. Think urs shd b coming soon... No worries...

Since HLE only valid for 3 mths, think for me shd b getting my keys by end Jun... keeping fingers x...