Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

At least the lower portions (see my 3rd picture). Else accidentially got knocked, scratched and dented how? :(

Makes sense.. Will see how many rolls of paper do I have first.. Cover the flooring then the doors... :)

Your home already looks very nice before reno.. Looking forward to more pics in your blog...

Edited by booy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just want to appeal to all parties who read my post 2 days ago (post #331 to be precise) about Eestilo de Vida. Pls do not approach Sunny and ask him about that. He called me today and told me that quite a few people called him over the past 2 days to enquire about the same thing. Whatever he did is a personal favour to booy & me, so pls do not put him in a difficult position with the dealer by requesting the same. I've removed the details in the post as requested by Sunny.

During our phone call, he still joked with me to say that he has now become very famous (大红人) :D

smartie

sunny is gd! Friendly and chatty! So chatty that i had to stop him for my nature's call, he was going on n on!!

booy

my floor was not fully covered as well. When i told uncle i'm concern that my floor will be stained or damaged, he assured me that they will only step on those areas that r covered, so the risk is low. Anyway i think its a part of cost saving for him, and furthermore my reno includes polishing of floor after reno, so he say no worries abt staining.

Edited by mrspiglet

I like the tiles.......... really chio!

And that bling bling dining light.... wa... I like! :)

From wendy

I added one more tile to the browny combination.. Hope it looks well eventually..

The bling bling light is for MBR.. :) Smartie refuses to let me change the dining light now...

smartie

sunny is gd! Friendly and chatty! So chatty that i had to stop him for my nature's call, he was going on n on!!

booy

my floor was not fully covered as well. When i told uncle i'm concern that my floor will be stained or damaged, he assured me that they will only step on those areas that r covered, so the risk is low. Anyway i think its a part of cost saving for him, and furthermore my reno includes polishing of floor after reno, so he say no worries abt staining.

The covering is really pathetic for me.. And I have laminate flooring.. Cannot polish one.. So I ask Uncle Soon for more corrugated papers.. Or else later on, I know I bound to complain.. And he will have to change all my laminate flooring liao.. This will definitely be less cost effective for him... :)

Sunny is really SUPER chatty.. And funny... We talked to him for quite long till his shop was closing the other day..

booy: yup, glad with my progress. hope urs is progressing well too

Your progress is super good manz...

Finally, hacking has started for the toilets.. Think it's 2/3 completed.. Tomorrow can clear up the debris liao... Now just worried about our flooring when they clear the debris.. Hopefully, the corrugated papers will come in time tomorrow..

The covering is really pathetic for me.. And I have laminate flooring.. Cannot polish one.. So I ask Uncle Soon for more corrugated papers.. Or else later on, I know I bound to complain.. And he will have to change all my laminate flooring liao.. This will definitely be less cost effective for him... :)

Sunny is really SUPER chatty.. And funny... We talked to him for quite long till his shop was closing the other day..

Laminated floor... i think then u better nudge uncle a bit to cover everything. Else more trouble for him later, cos the workers are generally very rough! :unsure:

N make sure they dun remove until painting is over! my floor protection was removed after tiling completed. so when the painters came, they just use those typical plastic canvas to cover, end up my corners got paint stain which still remain after i shifted in, despite having acid cleaning and floor polishing. Not a major issue for me since my floor is marble, can just use nail polish remover to rub away, but i'm not sure if it's ok on ur laminated floor. Do take note of this ok?

Laminated floor... i think then u better nudge uncle a bit to cover everything. Else more trouble for him later, cos the workers are generally very rough! :unsure:

N make sure they dun remove until painting is over! my floor protection was removed after tiling completed. so when the painters came, they just use those typical plastic canvas to cover, end up my corners got paint stain which still remain after i shifted in, despite having acid cleaning and floor polishing. Not a major issue for me since my floor is marble, can just use nail polish remover to rub away, but i'm not sure if it's ok on ur laminated floor. Do take note of this ok?

Can understand that the workers are rough..So trying to ensure that everything is covered.. more details in the next post!

hmmm.. I will definitely make sure that the floor protection is only removed after painting is completed.. Impt point here.. Thanks ya... :)

Updates of our reno

Finally, after 2 days of hacking, now our toilets look like a post war structure.. haha.. Very naked.. if nothing goes wrong, the tiling will start tomorrow becos uncle had already placed the tiles from LSH... :yamseng: The Gain City aircon guys will also come tomorrow to install our Mitsubishi Sys 4... Smartie will be taking full day leave to ja gar.. While I need to work half day to clear my work before joining him after lunch.. haiz...

Anyway, bad news today is that we realised that the size of our toilet bowls are soooo small.. All becos of stupid column again.. Why must Bishan flats have so many columns and beams.. :dunno: .. So we need to pop by Eestilo tomorrow to re-look at the toilet bowls that we previously ordered because one of them is 1/2 inch bigger.. Perhaps to change to another one that fits better..

Another FINALLY, after close to 10 times of reminders I think, we got our precious floor protection paper.. And 3 reminders were made to both Uncle Soon and Elder Bro today itself... Smartie purposely went back during lunch but no paper in sight.. After work, we drove back straight home to find 1 big roll of paper there... haiz... This meant that they were not placed nicely on the floor.. :bangwall: .. So we gave up at the sight of this and decided to proceed back to our individual homes for dinner first...

After dinner at our existing homes, we went back to our new home at 9pm... Then we started to place the floor protection paper ourselves because we cannot afford to wait anymore and the aircon guys tomorrow will bound to make a mess of our home.. So we patiently cut and paste... As the floor protection paper is still pretty limited, we played jigsaw puzzle games to try to match up with the existing protection.. This really took up bulk of our time.. Before we realised, it was already 11.30pm.. We spent close to 2 1/2 hours to put up... OMG.. Now the flooring is SOooo protected... But quite ugly compared to ocheeeng's one... :D.. Not enough paper to cover the entire living room though, so let alone the door frames...

While our way home, Smartie claimed that he saw cardboard on the road.. Honestly, I didn't see it... So perhaps he was hallucinating.. :P .. Anyway, today is a very eventful day...

More photos tomorrow if Smartie can manage to find time to d/l them... :)

Wah certainly eventful... well I'm glad you decided to DIY the protection... cos if you ask the workers to cover... they will TEAR one small piece for themselves to stand on and move it as they work. That's what they did in my house. *faints*

Looks like today will be exciting!!!!

As promised, here are the photos of the items we bought from S & C yesterday:

Coffee table:

coffee_table_2.jpg

Dining table:

dining_table.jpg

Dining chair:

dining_chair.jpg

Bedframe:

bedframe.jpg

Some of the fabrics available for the bedframe. We chose the 2nd one from the bottom. It's black with a bit of shimmering.

bedframe_fabric.jpg

hi was looking for the dining table u just bought.....may i know how much and get from where? tks tks