Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my first was delivered at TMC, wife stayed in 2 bed ward. doc was nice to tell us to just book for 4 bed ward and she will upgrade us for free. (provided there are beds available)

wife went for natural birth, thankfully there was no complications. IIRC, total bill came up to ard $1600ish, only paying $50 cash, rest medisave.

second will be delivered at gleneagles as gynae only delivers there. wifey will have discount for the hospital bill as she is a staff, hopefully the discount can help to keep the bill down as we are very worried the bill will be sky high even for normal delivery. heheh...

has already decided to use Dr YY Yip as my girl has been seeing him since young, might as well let my boy see him also.

Guest melancholic
Thanks for the advice! :D

Well, I did get a recommendation from a colleague of mine for the gynae. But the bad stories I heard were more about the nurses and other staff. I would like to go to KKH cuz that was where I was born. But it's not worth it if I have to pay and accept bad service.

I've also heard good stories/comments about Mt A and TMC. But private hospitals seem more x leh. Any docs to recommend there btw?

Both my boys were delivered at TMC. Our gynae was from their satellite branch at Compass Point. His charges are really cheap when you consider that it is a private practice. Downside is that when more people knew about him, he became overloaded and became a little absent-minded.

Cost at TMC is not that high. And I would seriously recommend others to go there as well. Service is good. The nurses are really dedicated to their job. Food there is good too (from the little that my wife let me sample.. heh). The soups there are no. 1 and the 'jiu zao mee sua' was heavenly.

KKH... think thrice. Not worth it unless you have the senior consultants. Otherwise, you might see a different doctor every visit, and during your delivery, different doctors will come and see you (their training u see) and you might just feel like a lab rat and violated. That's the experience that one of my friends encountered. so there.. hmm..

Guest melancholic
I do not trust maids and nannies. So if my Mom is not ok with the 3rd one, It will be no-go...

one of your ex-maid murders her new employer...this sounds scary!

Think if u want a 3rd one, u need to work hard both ways ya ;)

Yea.. close shave for us. luckily we treated her well and with fairness, and not listen to other people's advice about being hard on the maid so they won't climb on our heads. No telling if I will still be here typing this if we had been hard on her. heh. And .. she was the one looking after our little one then..

Work hard both ways.. ?? hmm... from my experience.. work hard .. no result. don't think about it and just enjoy as and when, baby arrives.. hehe

:HUG: even if u hv morning sickness, take it in a good way. My gynae actually told me tt the more u feel pregnant, healthier the pregnancy is. not sure if he was comforting me or wat :P

remember to take ur folic acid diligently for the 1st trimester and calcium from 2nd trimester.

Me took chicken essense from 8th month onwards, once daily.

twice daily in 9th month. abit KuaZhang hor :P

but compared to my 1st, me felt energetic delivering 2nd bb. and waking up at nite for night pump is not as hard too.

IMHO :)

Hahaha! Ok, I'll try to rem this theory wen i preg. :P Hee, chix essense really gd ah? The only time I took was wen I was in Pri sch gg for exams. hahaha. Ok, next time I'll try. :D

melancholic & trashley

Signz, looks like KKH is out liao. Heheh, TMC is sounding better & better. I simply LOVE soups! hehehe

Wah seh, each hospitals got good and bad. That time how ur choose ah? Other than those who have to follow gynaes?

Edited by Angel81

ah... i'm expecting my boy in mid aug as well. is your gynae at gleneagles?

do try to ask for wards at newly renovated 6 west.

The gynae for my eldest son, the late Dr (Mrs) Ratna Mitra was in Gleneagles. Unfortunately, she passed away before my younger son was born, hence, his delivery was handled Dr Ang Huai Yan, who was Dr Mitra's former student and close friend. She operates a clinich in Gleneagles - Singapore Women's Clinic or something. If you need an epidural, you can call on one of the nicest and most experienced epidural administers - Anaesthetist Dr CC Loo.

Yes, do ask for the wards at 6 West. Nice staff there as well.

just about to post in this thread. Thought I have done something wrong so u ignored my post. hahaha...luckily u posted b4 me.

Hahaha, no lah. Its fine. I sometimes hop around many threads quickly like speed reading, so sometimes I miss a few posts directed to me here and there.

This time round failed!

Next month try again :unsure:

*hugz* Think of it this way: Another month to enjoy and have fun before the responsibilities come. :)

Edited by Angel81

Thanks all!

Angel81 - *hugz

Wifey said this time round flow very heavy. She said she felt like machiam all those not ovulated got flushed out and new one will come for us in the following 2wks.

I'm like Reallly........................? Good la i hope so too.

Anyway she's been eating the blackmores conceive pills. She said she felt diff.

Mayb the next time round will be made in america cause that's where we'll be heading in june.....

Btw, may i know where fertility check can be done? Womens clinic do for men also?

What's the estimated cost i'll be expecting? :D

Thanks all!

Angel81 - *hugz

Wifey said this time round flow very heavy. She said she felt like machiam all those not ovulated got flushed out and new one will come for us in the following 2wks.

Mayb the next time round will be made in america cause that's where we'll be heading in june.....

Btw, may i know where fertility check can be done? Womens clinic do for men also?

How long hv you tried? else I really do not see the need. in fact both Hubby and i went for check up seperately and tho for me no major issues, my uterus is tilted to the back and makes conceiving really difficult in the books.

Hubby had his semen tested twice and says super low sprem count and our chance of conceiving is like only 2%...we were so depressed...so we started trying for baby about 6 mths before our customary...who knows...1st try kena already. Even my gyane was surprised at how esily we both can conceive...esp my uterus is tilted to the back, both my preganacies i kena like in one try. He is really amazed.

From then on, I do not believe in checks like such. Then again, hubby did take supplements also...he took the centrum multi vits, more vege and tomatoes...not sure if all those helped in a way :)

Thanks all!

Angel81 - *hugz

Ooo! I saw that blackmores conceive pills too! But I've been taking the pregnancy/bfg pills for awhile liao, so decided to just continue with it.

My hb and I did think of doing checks too, but decided to try more first before going for the checks. With the checks done, I feel that there'll be more pressure for both, esp if there's sme complications. So just enjoy more and if end of the year still dun have then do a check bah. If I rem correnctly, I think ur started trying like end last yr or start of this year right? :)

My hb's colleagues went to a hospital (can't rem whh one) to do the fertility check, cuz they've decided on a gynae liao and prefer to let the gynae handle everyting.

Hope u guys will come back fr US with a Made in USA! :) Take care of ur health there ya? :)

How long hv you tried? else I really do not see the need. in fact both Hubby and i went for check up seperately and tho for me no major issues, my uterus is tilted to the back and makes conceiving really difficult in the books.

Hubby had his semen tested twice and says super low sprem count and our chance of conceiving is like only 2%...we were so depressed...so we started trying for baby about 6 mths before our customary...who knows...1st try kena already. Even my gyane was surprised at how esily we both can conceive...esp my uterus is tilted to the back, both my preganacies i kena like in one try. He is really amazed.

From then on, I do not believe in checks like such. Then again, hubby did take supplements also...he took the centrum multi vits, more vege and tomatoes...not sure if all those helped in a way :)

I'm also doing what ur hubby did. We tried since start of this yr....

in a flash...almost 6months le....thou ppl say try 1yr first, it's demoralizing.

Some friends shared that it's a luck thing then go see a doc, just to make sure all ok lor.

How much was fertility checks would u know as a guide?