Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

actually it depends on how stable the pregnancy is :) my gunae advised me against travelling as I get my spotting in my 5th week due to the implantation. so in the end, we need to stop all forms of "activities" and travelling.

As for the pregnancy checks...i found out my baobeis in my 4th week!!! For my gal, I had a very strong feeling that I am pregnant when menses was "late" for a week. Tho mine was never punctual...for my boy, my gal was the one who told me I am preggy even before I am due for my next cycle! But i brush her off lah...cos I know she always wanted a sibling :) Then my Hubby also suspect I am pregnant soon after...I was oblivious of what is brewing in my tummy! But its good to be confirmed by the gynae that you are pregnant :)

It's so exciting!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello88, we are shifting in to our EM and my mom already headache! My boy loves to climb up and down and we die die must block the stairs as soon as we move in...I guess it's gonna be good work out for me!

hahaha, it'll definitely be good work out for u. I enjoy running up the stairs but then didnt managed to slim down even after staying for 3.5yrs. I enjoy the 'workouts' when sweeping and mopping the whole house. Siong!

Heheh, Happy Belated Bdae to familyof4's little boy! :D Wah, that means u r very young onli leh, since u had ur 1st wen u're 24.

Haha, Zc31, for a moment, I tot ur wife pregs liao. hehe.. Hope to hear the gd news from you soon! I read online (in sgmommies forum) that there's not much of a use to go gynae before 8wks, cuz the only thing they can do is confirm the pregnancy. And so, it'll be a waste of $, esp since the doc will tell ur to come back then to scan etc. The advice from the forum is to just confirm pregs with GP and search ard for a gynae. 8wks then go scan. Save $$. :D

can also visit the gynae to listen to his advises especially for 1st time parents...also get folic acid and vitamins or calcium pills for those in need of it.

one point to note is,once wifey confirm pregnant, stop all your vitamins or supplements if u're not sure of the dosage for pregnant ladies eg Vitamin A.

Edited by hello88

Hehe but having it confirmed is nice.

But hor now i got some funny worries. If my wife pregnant now, she's not advice to travel in first trimester right?

Cause we're going USA in june for holiday and to make things worst, SWINE!!!!

Hw? :(

hahaha, sure very excited hor. For us, hubby even have to buy 2 pregnancy kit to confirm as one of the kit gave a very very faint line.

depends on individual like what familyof4 said as the 1st trimester is quite critical.

hahaha, sure very excited hor. For us, hubby even have to buy 2 pregnancy kit to confirm as one of the kit gave a very very faint line.

depends on individual like what familyof4 said as the 1st trimester is quite critical.

hello88, i also had faint line...meaning the hormones, can't remember the name of it is not so strong yet...but baby is definitely there!!!

First trimester is ok to travel, only towards the end of 2nd trimester where stomach is getting bigger then it is advice not to travel unless with Doc endorsement.

SWINE..... u still have to go cause everything pay for unless u r willing to give it up. Did u buy travel insurance? Can claim or not?

Cox i read in other forums about not travelling during 1st tri hence the mixed feelings.

Yes will be getting travel insurance. I also hope nothing goes wrong cause alot of plans for the us trip liao.

can also visit the gynae to listen to his advises especially for 1st time parents...also get folic acid and vitamins or calcium pills for those in need of it.

one point to note is,once wifey confirm pregnant, stop all your vitamins or supplements if u're not sure of the dosage for pregnant ladies eg Vitamin A.

Now we're in the 2wk week....hopefully next wkend nobody come visit my wife :D

Now we're in the 2wk week....hopefully next wkend nobody come visit my wife :D

week 2? the gestation week of the baby starts from the date of the last menses :) so probably in week 6? hehe...it's an overwhelming experience when u see and hear the little heart beating in wombsville :)

Hehe, I think zc31 counted from the date of the missed 'auntie' bah, that's why it's 2 wks. hehehe.. Cross fingers tight tight for u zc31! :P

Yah, I also heard tat it's nt v gd to travel during 1st tri, cuz the BB may not b very stable. I think if there's no complications like spotting/bleeding etc, then it should be fine bah. Also by that time, ur shd have met up with a gynae liao, and can check with the gynae if the BB is stable anot loh. :)

hello88 I heard about stopping supplement pills wen pregs and chk with gynae if the pills are fine anot. But if I'm taking those pills for pregs/breastfeeding. Those also need to stop?

Chrono Hee.. How's ur wife's preggs coming along? :)

Edited by Angel81

Chrono Hee.. How's ur wife's preggs coming along? :)

16th weeks.

Just last night, I can feel the little one moving inside when i placed my palm over my wife's stomach.

Angel, u can check if the supps are ok for consumption :) I took folic acid, obimin and calcium then...if they are safe for consumption during pregnancy, they are fine too for bfg :)

Chrono, how lovely and amzing the experience is ya to feel the little one moving ? :)

Angel, u can check if the supps are ok for consumption :) I took folic acid, obimin and calcium then...if they are safe for consumption during pregnancy, they are fine too for bfg :)

Chrono, how lovely and amzing the experience is ya to feel the little one moving ? :)

Feeling is fantastic, probably because it is the 3rd time i'm not overly excited about it but was surprised that i can feel it at 16th, maybe because of the 2 experiences i had earlier.

3rd time also amazing leh...whenever the little one is in there, i would love to feel their movements...

U also power...3 kids...I don;t have the corage yet, tho i love kids!

3rd time also amazing leh...whenever the little one is in there, i would love to feel their movements...

U also power...3 kids...I don;t have the corage yet, tho i love kids!

Actually i wanted only 2, but my wife wants another one. She has the wombsville(borrow ya) so what she said counts.

Guest melancholic
Actually i wanted only 2, but my wife wants another one. She has the wombsville(borrow ya) so what she said counts.

Haha.. My wife also wants to try for a girl.. after our first 2 are boys. But financially it's too much of a strain now... what with our purchase of a resale condo. then also wonder how if another fighter comes out to join the party..

but .. think the main worry is the caregiver portion.. cos all her aunties/mum already stretched looking after all the little ones. and we dun really trust nanny (not forgetting they cost alot too). Maids are out of the question after one of our ex-maids ended up murdering her new employer one month after we had released her.

That said, if she really wants.. then I gotta work really hard... finance wise I mean.. haha