Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

not really la cos I didnt get to 'taste' natural birth as I cant do it naturally so all were pre-planned cesarean. 1st 2 was GA as C-section epidural only became popular these few years. Their age is P5, P2 and 2 yrs old. Hubby and me loved kids and if I get a windfall, I wont mind going for another one. Urs? both also cesarean?

Yah...both also c-sec. 1st was emergency...labour just started, didn't even had a good fell of the contractions and gynae broke my water to speed up the process, in the ens...realised my gal poo-ed in wombsville. bobian...had to go emergency c-sec. 2nd was fear od scar rupture as i felt tenderness around the old scar near my 36th week and gynae didn't want to take the risk...so do we.

We love kids too! But expenses really high and for the time being, we will not have another one unless like u mentioned, we had a windfall!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i had my first born when I was 24yo. Friends around me were still single or attached, no plans for kids or still having their twosome honeymoon.

For us, it's endless feeding, changing diapers and sleepless nights. But frankly speaking...being a parent is the best experience one can have :)

Hello88, i think i know what u mean...i actually enjoy shopping for the kids and my priority is the 2 kids! Sorry Hubby really has to take a back seat for the time being :) Today is my labour day!!! My boy turned ONE today!

i like to read this thread - though i'm not preggie or a parent yet. dunno why? haha

kids are "made" by hubby and wife... it is a precious gift of love. haha

need to psycho hubby for bb liao. :D

Edited by fondue_

i had my first born when I was 24yo. Friends around me were still single or attached, no plans for kids or still having their twosome honeymoon.

For us, it's endless feeding, changing diapers and sleepless nights. But frankly speaking...being a parent is the best experience one can have :)

Hello88, i think i know what u mean...i actually enjoy shopping for the kids and my priority is the 2 kids! Sorry Hubby really has to take a back seat for the time being :) Today is my labour day!!! My boy turned ONE today!

Happy Birthday to Ah Boy.

I agree, being a parent is really the best experience one can ever have. A PD told me that must tahan the first 100 days after birth. Its the most tiring period with endless sleepless nights. My friends and cols all envy me as I'm still very active when I'm pregnant and can eat whatever I want. No morning sickness, no vomiting,etc. Since I gone thru 3 cesarean so I have nothing to share on labour pain. I think the closest I get was when I had my 2nd miscarriage...it was really painful.

ya, hubby gotta take a back seat but he's fine with it as both of us enjoy being parents. Both of us also believe in "spare the rod, spoil the child" but we'll always explain to the kids why we had to punish them.

Edited by hello88

Happy Birthday to Ah Boy.

I agree, being a parent is really the best experience one can ever have. A PD told me that must tahan the first 100 days after birth. Its the most tiring period with endless sleepless nights. My friends and cols all envy me as I'm still very active when I'm pregnant and can eat whatever I want. No morning sickness, no vomiting,etc. Since I gone thru 3 cesarean so I have nothing to share on labour pain. I think the closest I get was when I had my 2nd miscarriage...it was really painful.

ya, hubby gotta take a back seat but he's fine with it as both of us enjoy being parents. Both of us also believe in "spare the rod, spoil the child" but we'll always explain to the kids why we had to punish them.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss...i think we will get carried away when we talk about kids and all!

i also dying to be a parent! :P

Go go, go gynae and check...u may be a parent-to-be already :)

Its very heartwarming to hear all your stories.

I'm actually quite lucky that my wife is actually in the O&G field, so we had good 'back-up' during and after both her pregnancies. My wife always wanted a girl but we ended up with 2 boys. In any case, it doesn't matter if its a boy or girl. Any child is a blessing. We still harbour the hope of having a girl one day, but guess we'll see how it goes ... Need finances to grow first and my wife also sometimes worry that sekali come out another boy and she'll end up with 4 sons (She counts me as the 'eldest son' - :) ). Also, I think it'd be too taxing on my mum to help out again as she's getting on in age and has kindly borne a huge part of the burden to look after my 2 naughty and hyperactive boys during the day everyday.

it's actually pretty lucky to have your mom to help. I also have my mom to help, at least we know that the kids are in good hands :) If I do not have my Mom, most likely I will not be able to work!

I'm actually quite lucky that my wife is actually in the O&G field, so we had good 'back-up' during and after both her pregnancies. My wife always wanted a girl but we ended up with 2 boys. In any case, it doesn't matter if its a boy or girl. Any child is a blessing. We still harbour the hope of having a girl one day, but guess we'll see how it goes ... Need finances to grow first and my wife also sometimes worry that sekali come out another boy and she'll end up with 4 sons (She counts me as the 'eldest son' - :) ). Also, I think it'd be too taxing on my mum to help out again as she's getting on in age and has kindly borne a huge part of the burden to look after my 2 naughty and hyperactive boys during the day everyday.

we're also lucky to have my parents moved in with us and taking care of our kids. We used to have a maid but the maid is solely to do housework. The maid doesnt have to cook, bathe, feed or take care of the kids as we really dun trust the maid to do such duties.

Yup, its already a blessing to have kids so boy or girl still the same. Whenever I was pregnant, we never hope or pray for a boy or a girl, we just accepted what God gave us.

Hahaha, my 2nd boy is hyperactive and we already boh tahan. Now, my girl is worse and non-stop action. Its really different with a girl at home and who says girl should be gentle. My parents kept saying that the boys were never like her. Thank goodness we already shift out of my EM :P

hello88, we are shifting in to our EM and my mom already headache! My boy loves to climb up and down and we die die must block the stairs as soon as we move in...I guess it's gonna be good work out for me!

Heheh, Happy Belated Bdae to familyof4's little boy! :D Wah, that means u r very young onli leh, since u had ur 1st wen u're 24.

Haha, Zc31, for a moment, I tot ur wife pregs liao. hehe.. Hope to hear the gd news from you soon! I read online (in sgmommies forum) that there's not much of a use to go gynae before 8wks, cuz the only thing they can do is confirm the pregnancy. And so, it'll be a waste of $, esp since the doc will tell ur to come back then to scan etc. The advice from the forum is to just confirm pregs with GP and search ard for a gynae. 8wks then go scan. Save $$. :D

Heheh, Happy Belated Bdae to familyof4's little boy! :D Wah, that means u r very young onli leh, since u had ur 1st wen u're 24.

Haha, Zc31, for a moment, I tot ur wife pregs liao. hehe.. Hope to hear the gd news from you soon! I read online (in sgmommies forum) that there's not much of a use to go gynae before 8wks, cuz the only thing they can do is confirm the pregnancy. And so, it'll be a waste of $, esp since the doc will tell ur to come back then to scan etc. The advice from the forum is to just confirm pregs with GP and search ard for a gynae. 8wks then go scan. Save $$. :D

Pregnancy confirmation don't have to see GP, test kit will do. :D

But it is kind of exciting to see on the 7th week the heart beat and the baby like a miniature bean from the ultra sound scan.

Hehe but having it confirmed is nice.

But hor now i got some funny worries. If my wife pregnant now, she's not advice to travel in first trimester right?

Cause we're going USA in june for holiday and to make things worst, SWINE!!!!

Hw? :(

Hehe but having it confirmed is nice.

But hor now i got some funny worries. If my wife pregnant now, she's not advice to travel in first trimester right?

Cause we're going USA in june for holiday and to make things worst, SWINE!!!!

Hw? :(

First trimester is ok to travel, only towards the end of 2nd trimester where stomach is getting bigger then it is advice not to travel unless with Doc endorsement.

SWINE..... u still have to go cause everything pay for unless u r willing to give it up. Did u buy travel insurance? Can claim or not?