Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

i guess not stressing yourself out is a big factor that will affect both the mood of the act and your body itself.

just do what u both need to do more often, enjoy the process and let God do the rest. :P

unless you have been trying for more than 2 years, i personally do not think its necessary to see a doctor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

stress is definitely a killer....the more gan cheong, the more it refuse to happen....trying to get pregnant is so stressful esp for couples who have tried all ways....

I would think besides being stressful, emotional stability is so important...and enough rest with good exercise and nutrition will probably give us a more balanced body systems.....:)

my gynae is an old man Dr PS Lui from Orchard Plaza. He is nice, fatherly but very naggy!! His experience is good and mot imptly, i went thru c-sec and the scar is perfect!

My gynae, Dr Lim Teck Chye is from Tow Yung Clinic located at Tanglin Shopping Ctr. For me, its 3 C-sections and 1 a 8-10cm scar.

Yup wife is takign pills and we track the ovulation cycles/dates over 3 websites for more "opinions" in event of wrong info.

After the doing, i prop up her hip with pillows, but not put leg on wall cox my wall is white hehe

i do admit stressfl at times...it's like ok time liao then do....enjoy but still not like last time can anyhow....

it's like when i know i'm coming, i make sure she's at the bottom alrdy..... or in some "optimal position".

been trying to keep a good dietary as well. Usual week will haf ample fruits like strawberry, grapes, banana and milk

Thanks for all advice, we'll keep it cool

My gynae, Dr Lim Teck Chye is from Tow Yung Clinic located at Tanglin Shopping Ctr. For me, its 3 C-sections and 1 a 8-10cm scar.

u u had 3 births..peifu. I had 2, my second was a bad experience cos of placenta previa and excessive loss of blood. My scar also one...very nicely healed :) wat's the age difference between ur kiddos?

u u had 3 births..peifu. I had 2, my second was a bad experience cos of placenta previa and excessive loss of blood. My scar also one...very nicely healed :) wat's the age difference between ur kiddos?

not really la cos I didnt get to 'taste' natural birth as I cant do it naturally so all were pre-planned cesarean. 1st 2 was GA as C-section epidural only became popular these few years. Their age is P5, P2 and 2 yrs old. Hubby and me loved kids and if I get a windfall, I wont mind going for another one. Urs? both also cesarean?

Can i just ask a very noob question?

If let say wife miss the period and a test kit proves positive, what's next?

Book appt with gynae?

Can i just ask a very noob question?

If let say wife miss the period and a test kit proves positive, what's next?

Book appt with gynae?

Congrats ya.

Yes book appt with gynae but i will suggest somewhere around week 7 to 8, that's the time where u can see and hear the heart beat, major development for that week. If too early, see nothing, only one oval dot to confirm pregnant that'all/

Congrats ya.

Yes book appt with gynae but i will suggest somewhere around week 7 to 8, that's the time where u can see and hear the heart beat, major development for that week. If too early, see nothing, only one oval dot to confirm pregnant that'all/

Oh haben happen to us yet but we're hoping for....

Errr....so before 8wk jux go GP weill do or still go gynae?

Guest melancholic

Haha.. very interesting thread here...

I've got 2 boys 4yr (on 30 Apr 09) and 2 yr (b'day on 2 Jan).

I would agree on the stress part. When we wanted to have a child, and tried so hard, no result. Then wife lost her job and we stopped trying so hard and took precautions. Then one day just heck with protection, .. thought can't be so suay. Who knows... tjun tjun.. one month later... u know lah.

It became another type of stress... happy.. yet worried cos of the job situation. But in the end, remembered God's goodness and how He has seen us through all the while. Sure enough, the very next week she got a job offer.

Second one.. didn't plan.. just let it be and he was also conceived earlier than expected. In fact, I somehow knew on the day he was conceived... hee

Anyway.. they're a handful as boys are... and weekends are more tiring than weekdays.. Must be my retribution. haha.. But must say they are always the bright spark at the end of a working day... to see and hear them screaming 'Daddy!' and running to me.

hmm...counting down to seeing them again. few more hours to go!

Oh haben happen to us yet but we're hoping for....

Errr....so before 8wk jux go GP weill do or still go gynae?

GP where got machine to do ultra sound scan????

GP will probably refer u to KKH or any GOV link hospital.

Private gynea will have scan upon first visit. KKH probably don;t have the scan until about 5 months where need to do a detail growth scan.

Price wise not much diff between private and gov, unless u r a civil servant where there is huge rebate otherwise go private shorter waiting time and better "service".

Interesting thread for mummies and now even daddies.

I was initially apprehensive to post cos' most were mummies, so didn't wanna intrude.

But since I saw some daddies posting, decided to join in.

I'm daddy to 2 very naughty and mischievous boys aged 3.5 (Sept 2005) and 1.5 (Oct 2007) years old.

To be honest, I never even expected to have kids because my wife was told by Gynae that it would be very difficult and almost impossible for her to conceive a child due to some woman problem. But for those of you who believe in a higher divine power, I guess the big guy up there was indeed very kind to bless us with 2 beautiful kids out of nowhere. We never planned for it, just took it as it came.

I don't know if my current house is to 'blame'. Strangely and oddly, when we were viewing our current place in 2004, the woman of the house told us we sure have a child if we buy the house. She shared her situation that she was told by doctors that she'd never have a child but end up having 1 the minute she moved there with her husband to stay with the FIL and take care of him.

Personally, I think in Singapore, its largely due to the lifestyle that prevents couples from wanting and/or having kids. When you spend more than half your day at work, have alot of stress, dealing with difficult people (internal and external), it affects your ability to conceive.

Although it has meant alot of lifestyle changes (i.e. no more regular hang out with guy friends, less dating, no more holidays and even missed honeymoon with wife), the joy of returning home to kids everyday is really a blessing and joy.

Anyways, nice to meet up with fellow daddies and mummies here. :)

We had no plans and just let it happen as the moment we wanted to get married, we knew we were ready to start a family. Conceived my eldest during honeymoon and 2 weeks after our customary, we were going to be parents 9 months later. Since, We were not really into nightlife or hanging out so we didnt miss out much. Throughout all these years, the kids came first...we didnt mind wearing old clothes/old shoes for xmas or even CNY but the kids just have to have new clothes/new shoes for x'mas and CNY. Cant recall when was the last time we went for a decent movie cos it was only kids movies when we visited the cinema and we really dont mind. We enjoy watching Nemo, Happy Feet, Madagascar, etc with the kids.