Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Seashell,

I think Charemme is rite. We sld all group up together and hv a discussion with Ah Soon. I'm just getting more and more worry as Ah Soon just called my hub and said he need to delay my project. We sld hv all current owner contact so that it will be easiler to track him, just like those previous owner.

I not trying to sow discord.. cuz I feel all the current 'Sooners' are all reasonable and understanding people hence in this sense, I think Ah Soon is quite lucky

have you all as customers.

If he delay some project here and there to settle the back log, i think still reasonable and acceptable.

But what if he is starting on new project which u all have no idea of, and the owner does not come to RT at all..

then everyone will be assuming he is busy settling the backlog, but fact is he is not.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
at the moment, i am the champion here..july until NOW... n yet, he is not doing anything for my house. if he ever have the means $$ to do work, he should complete MINE FIRST.. sorry i really mean no offence to others behind me... but my patience is running out!!!!

fact is, anyone in my shoes would think this way....

he should complete mine firstbut he DIDN'T!!!! he still do here n bit, there a bit....ggeeeeszzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Hi Seashell,

I think Charemme is rite. We sld all group up together and hv a discussion with Ah Soon. I'm just getting more and more worry as Ah Soon just called my hub and said he need to delay my project. We sld hv all current owner contact so that it will be easiler to track him, just like those previous owner.

anyone bought furniture from this shop: http://www.cavenzi.com/

cus i see alot of their (SAME) stuff in singapore furniture shops and selling almost half the price of singapore !

was keen in the sofa that is extendable, singapore was selling S$2688, cavenzi jb selling RM$2988!!

seems like those china catalogue types of furniture

have you check out s&c or hommage?

eg a Furniture mall tv console can be 2-3x higher than a neighbourhood shop

anyone bought furniture from this shop: http://www.cavenzi.com/

cus i see alot of their (SAME) stuff in singapore furniture shops and selling almost half the price of singapore !

was keen in the sofa that is extendable, singapore was selling S$2688, cavenzi jb selling RM$2988!!

Until now, You didnt manage to get hold of him at all??

err.. can get him but cannot get him to do work... haha....

updates: ah soon just told my hubby the window contractor will call him at 4pm and will arrange ceiling rectifications work tommorrow...

*listen only*

at the moment, i am the champion here..july until NOW... n yet, he is not doing anything for my house. if he ever have the means $$ to do work, he should complete MINE FIRST.. sorry i really mean no offence to others behind me... but my patience is running out!!!!

fact is, anyone in my shoes would think this way....

he should complete mine firstbut he DIDN'T!!!! he still do here n bit, there a bit....ggeeeeszzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Edited by seashell

seashell, don feel like this lah..

You are not an Idiot lah, nobody want this to happen also...

Just have a discussion with your hubby.. to change contractor or continue with Ah Soon...

If wan to continue with Ah soon.. than I suggest all those owner of back log project gather together..

Discuss with Ah soon, and come out with a schedule.. so u know what time frame.. he will be doing who's house

No other excuses of being here and there.. and not starting work. At the very least, everyone will have a timeframe

If want to look for other contractor, then quickly source for one . yr end liao..reno peak period for all

yes...do hold on to whatever payment until the progress is to date on what u have pay.

Dont say that...when anyone engage him...we also never expect that he time n project mangement will worsen....now the immeidiate is to get things up to speed by probably the combine effort.That all i can think of.

trevor was thinking to corner uncle somewhere and talk things out with him... do u think is that a good way?

thanks for the console... it seems wrong of me to choose to believe ah soon and continue to pay him... jus feel myself like an idiot... :(

oh yah, someone mention, no use crying over spilled milk...

yes...do hold on to whatever payment until the progress is to date on what u have pay.

Dont say that...when anyone engage him...we also never expect that he time n project mangement will worsen....now the immeidiate is to get things up to speed by probably the combine effort.That all i can think of.

Aiyo...u keep sneezing cos u having flu la...:P

Aiyo, so much drama happening when i was away for my 2 weeks reservist.....:)

Totally agree with what Ivy has mentioned. He is already not perfect during my time(when i have dateline from 2 month to 4 month. N to be fair, i allow some dragging in between as i told him that mine was not in a rush). Previous owner like us has given ample warning to all these delay and NJD(no job done) in the process.

I think it all a decision that we made in life. Same like how i shared with PD(wifey)...i will not blame Ah Soon not cos that he is my idol or what...but rather i blame myself for making the decision to chhose him. There no free lunch in this world. All of us know that the air milage is part of his package deal. However, looking at the situation now, his respond time and work in progress is really uncalled for.

Of course, i made my decision to choose him base on the same reason as his rate is more competitve from the ID/Contractors which i have screened through. Too bad, i am poor......begger cant choose do we?(at least for my case)....so given what available and what i can afford...it a decision that all of us choose to make and live on.

In actual fact, i have to apologise to some PM which i have never answered during my reno time for Ah Soon contact as i choose not to give out due to all the delay and milage...it something no one can ever understand best unless u engage him.

I am not sure if there anything which anyone of us can help. I guess most importantly is to stay united, create a network among the existing group, kept each other in loop what happening and track his movement (like how we did previously)...n help each other to chase for those outstanding items.

There something which i know i surely and happy to benefit from this long and stressful renovation.....is that i gain alot of friends, like Ivy(of cos...who else rite..:P), F4, MM, Kopi, PJ ,Stormcontrol, Guy77 n the list goes on....it something to me that the $$ cant buy ..:)

So to all existing house owner under Ah Soon, Just hang on and set up a threshold which u can accept and work on it.My blessing and heart goes to u guys....u always have our support.

My 2 cts worth.

That my 2 cents worth.

thanks for the console... it seems wrong of me to choose to believe ah soon and continue to pay him... :( jus feel myself like a stupid idiot... it is a feeling of betrayal... i duno if u understand what i mean... our trust in him is being abused.....

oh yah, someone mention, no use crying over spilled milk... :(

duno if the old timers were to give ah soon a sms to tell him to please do our house.. will it help???

Edited by seashell

ehhh sea, why nvr include me ????/ dun forget abt me.....

i need bifold & glass swing doors / shower screens tooo

any gd & not exp lobangs?

ops sorry i left u out!! my heart n wallet is bleeding now -- haiz...

we will hold our 'hands' together n go thru this 'storm' ...

Edited by seashell

would you guys now consider getting a ID type contractor to help you coordinate all the works rather than getting individual contractor to do painting etc?

Hi Zhiz,

To answer your question, the answer can be yes or no for me.

Yes cos it really a stress moment for me.

No, cos i learn alot from it cos of all the coordination and hands on. So next time round, i will be equip with more knowledge and know if i am short change or over quote. :)