Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Uncle Ah Soon is delaying my house work again... I gave him 6 weeks to finish the work when he actually only ask for 4 weeks. But now, 3 weeks have passed but only plastering and hacking of floor tiles are done. He promised to finish the renovation on time, if not, I will stay in hotel and he will pay.. I hope I dun get to stay at hotel 81.. LOL.. I told him tat my furniture and electrical will be sending in on the next day of HO, hope he can hurry up and finish my house.

How long do yall think that it will take usually to finish up the rest of the renovation of my house? Im afraid that if I push him too hard, the job will be half-heartedly done. I msged him and let him noe already tat if the renovation is done not up to my expectation, I will ask him to redo it for me.. Whenever I msg himi in chinese, there's always no reply. I wonder if he really reads it.

I hope everyone out there who is interested in asking uncle ah soon to do their renovation, pls have the correct set of mind that such things will happen. I love his persistence in maintaining the high quality of work during reno, but you haf to be able to take his delays and delays.. I gave him the second payment of 20% even before he send the tiles to my house cos I tot I might not be around to pass him the money. But 2 weeks haf passed and not a single tile is near my house..

So, pls remember to hold the money until you really see something done. I post this just to vent my frustration but I still like the cheaper quote tat uncle ah soon is able to provide for me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi

after reading about Ah Soon the contractor here, is he trustable? too busy?

i need a contractor with reasonable charges , pls pm tel. no

This is the peak period for renovation as school holidays approaching and Festivie session approaching...so most contractor will be very occupied (the better ones)

My advice to you is either you have a longer lead time, start after the peak period or discuss with the contractors and to put everything in black and white.

My contractor practice turning down request for quote when he cannot handle anymore, that is why I engage him...

Uncle Ah Soon is delaying my house work again... I gave him 6 weeks to finish the work when he actually only ask for 4 weeks. But now, 3 weeks have passed but only plastering and hacking of floor tiles are done. He promised to finish the renovation on time, if not, I will stay in hotel and he will pay.. I hope I dun get to stay at hotel 81.. LOL.. I told him tat my furniture and electrical will be sending in on the next day of HO, hope he can hurry up and finish my house.

How long do yall think that it will take usually to finish up the rest of the renovation of my house? Im afraid that if I push him too hard, the job will be half-heartedly done. I msged him and let him noe already tat if the renovation is done not up to my expectation, I will ask him to redo it for me.. Whenever I msg himi in chinese, there's always no reply. I wonder if he really reads it.

I hope everyone out there who is interested in asking uncle ah soon to do their renovation, pls have the correct set of mind that such things will happen. I love his persistence in maintaining the high quality of work during reno, but you haf to be able to take his delays and delays.. I gave him the second payment of 20% even before he send the tiles to my house cos I tot I might not be around to pass him the money. But 2 weeks haf passed and not a single tile is near my house..

So, pls remember to hold the money until you really see something done. I post this just to vent my frustration but I still like the cheaper quote tat uncle ah soon is able to provide for me.

it is like a miracle that uncle can actually promise u that he will pay u to stay hotel if not HO on time...!! i very envy u lei!!

whenever i sms, he reply 90% within an hour... i guess becus i am the champion here liao (delayed HO the longest).. continue to chase him! i will remind him about u if i see him later! ur house is in which area one?

I've actually did try the suggestions provided here like sms him in chinese to call me back. Not working for me. However last update is I've managed to get uncle, and he somehow said that the tiles are already there and will call back and confirm with me again. Anyway, I think he sort of misunderstood or something. He said he will confirm with me, but asked me to take down my comments on what I've said? There was nothing in particularly special about what I've said. I'm not sure what was conveyed to him but he definitely thought there were bad remarks passed. But what I see from here are all the true experiences of every person who've engage Uncle Soon for his/her project.

so is ur house tiling works starting yet? now seems like the peak season, every the tiler manager personally did my tiles ( and i must say, the manager workmanship is fantastic!!)

update us on the progress ok?

Seashell, can i know how much is the rate for weekly cleaning service har?

Are you using it?

i am intending to engage, wait for my house to finish, i will ask her to give me a quote... i heard she was telling me like for condos, the price was like about $300 a month.. also depends on any additional items like ironing service needed anot... if u keen, i pm u the number :)

it is like a miracle that uncle can actually promise u that he will pay u to stay hotel if not HO on time...!! i very envy u lei!!

whenever i sms, he reply 90% within an hour... i guess becus i am the champion here liao (delayed HO the longest).. continue to chase him! i will remind him about u if i see him later! ur house is in which area one?

when u start your reno?when suppose to HO ley?:)

I just meet uncle soon.he promise me my home completed by nov.hope not cheat me again >.<

Jesslyn, hope he keeps his promise...and REMEMBER>>>ask him to finish off all retifications b4 u made your last bit of payment...else will be like me, till now still have rectifiations not attended to! This can be really frustrating!

Jesslyn, hope he keeps his promise...and REMEMBER>>>ask him to finish off all retifications b4 u made your last bit of payment...else will be like me, till now still have rectifiations not attended to! This can be really frustrating!

hmm....so the longest recitifcation tropy still at yr plc?? :notti:

im staying at tiong bahru.. jus a small 3 room unit. the signing of agreement was 28 sep i think.. then he promised to finish it within 6 weeks. so it will be at the beginning of nov.. hope i get to move in by then.. i wan the tiles manager to do my home tiles too.. LOL.. cos im worried tat the tiles seams will be big and ugly.. haix.. hopefully things will start moving again..

i give very tolerant time,end of nov,be4 dec.tmr is 10week liao!can't tahan too long time for my small 3rm.

that mean total of 16 weeks for the reno?which is 4 mths?

i think it also super long le...mine was done 3mth 2 weeks.....nowsday seem like uncle keep want to break this record...

hmm....so the longest recitifcation tropy still at yr plc?? :notti:

Yes BD kor, but am not looking forward lor. Just wana share cos I was softhearted and gave him de balance payment and he didn't really settle my things nicely...disappointed!