Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Likewise, if your neighbours see that your renov took so long to finish, how do they think of you? they will think that you are stupid or incapable to find such a contractor.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. These are just my humble opinions.

Your neighbour thought u no money to pay tat y reno stop.

i dont know, how some contractors can save u more than 10k.. based on my calculations of all the contractors and id quote i got, i only manage to save max 6K...

i am really surprised by the calculation done.

Very easy , low quality materials, cheap labour (lousy workmanship?) , put more sand than cement and so on .... list go on .....

When we choose a contractor or ID, we don't pay money to suffer nor do we need to understand their 苦中...I pay money to get their service and not to understand their 苦中..If we know that this contractor (in this case Ah Soon) has the tendency to default on the HO date, why should we engage his service in the first place even though we indicate the HO date on the contract?? So that we can sue him?? That will cause more inconvenience and problems! When we renovate a house, most importantly is prompt HO and good quality, of course paying market rate. I have no doubt that the quotation from Ah Soon may be cheap but I strongly believe that if you do enough comparisons, the differences will be small.

Seashell, You mentioned that you have saved close to $18k? Let me ask...How much is your total renovation cost? $100k or $200k? If you are talking about $35k to $45k, do you think any contractor is able to slash nearly 40% of the costs? How about the quality of the materials? Good workmanship is one factor. But if the materials are made of inferior quality, no matter how good the workmanship is, they will not last.

I hope everyone can learn from Jesslyn's lesson..In my opinion, I think the $10k savings that she gained is not worth to compensate the sufferings that she got from her in laws...their relationships with the in-law have been damaged. Do you think Jesslyn can still get the same kind of repsect that she used to get from the in-laws?? How about the calls to Ah Soon, time and effort to chase after him? How are all these to be measured? Likewise, if your neighbours see that your renov took so long to finish, how do they think of you? they will think that you are stupid or incapable to find such a contractor.

i dont know, how some contractors can save u more than 10k.. based on my calculations of all the contractors and id quote i got, i only manage to save max 6K...

i am really surprised by the calculation done.

Edited by samdolmat

When we choose a contractor or ID, we don't pay money to suffer nor do we need to understand their 苦中...I pay money to get their service and not to understand their 苦中..If we know that this contractor (in this case Ah Soon) has the tendency to default on the HO date, why should we engage his service in the first place even though we indicate the HO date on the contract?? So that we can sue him?? That will cause more inconvenience and problems! When we renovate a house, most importantly is prompt HO and good quality, of course paying market rate. I have no doubt that the quotation from Ah Soon may be cheap but I strongly believe that if you do enough comparisons, the differences will be small.

Seashell, You mentioned that you have saved close to $18k? Let me ask...How much is your total renovation cost? $100k or $200k? If you are talking about $35k to $45k, do you think any contractor is able to slash nearly 40% of the costs? How about the quality of the materials? Good workmanship is one factor. But if the materials are made of inferior quality, no matter how good the workmanship is, they will not last.

I hope everyone can learn from Jesslyn's lesson..In my opinion, I think the $10k savings that she gained is not worth to compensate the sufferings that she got from her in laws...their relationships with the in-law have been damaged. Do you think Jesslyn can still get the same kind of repsect that she used to get from the in-laws?? How about the calls to Ah Soon, time and effort to chase after him? How are all these to be measured? Likewise, if your neighbours see that your renov took so long to finish, how do they think of you? they will think that you are stupid or incapable to find such a contractor.

Well put! :good:

oh yes,

if u want savings, be prepared to wait.

if u can't wait, then don't go for these savings..

i am the champion in delays now, who can be more angry n frustrated than me? i squeeze in a room of 7 people, my ex-house furniture paying rental in the warehouse, etc etc... how can i not be angry??

i can only say, uncle got his 苦中... i not siding with him, ultimately the only console i have is, i save close to $18K i calculated till date... my hubby believes in his 苦中 that the delays is not what uncle wanted for sure... haiz....

future house owners can consider asking uncle to indicate the HO date on the contract, at least if he don't HO on that date, there is some avenue for you to go n sue him for your losses...

nothing beats a black n white contract...

事情过了就算了,我气来得快,走得也很快!(不容易老:P)

seashall(Lyn)说省钱就要等,我也因为这个原因,开始1个多月还真的是没特别积极追他,但是越拖越久才越来越不舒服,老实说,我们7-9月开工的应该都没心理准备要等那么久(会比其他人久,但是不至于那么久),因为在这之前ah soon的工程都没延误得那么厉害,工程也做的很漂亮,评语也很好,所以我们才找他,但可能是过后他一次签下太多工程(就是我们这批人),所以才会出现那么多工程延误的问题,可是,在10月左右,我们已经陆陆续续的把问题告诉接下来要找ah soon的朋友问题出现了,如果要找他就要心理准备会被延误工程,但是,大家还是要找他,旧要有预算到会拖延时间!我们开始不给询问的人ah soon的电话,也多次提醒大家,但是看来没什么用。

现在的情形是他去做新工程,影响旧工程的进度才会让我们不舒服,我想这是很正常的心理吧!?

no lah, its normal to feel uneasy.. u all have suffer enuff..

If can, those who are affected.. can gather together and ask uncle soon to work out a schedule for everyone..

its also fair and transparent so at least if he stick to the schedule.. everyone knows when is the HO

rather than just waiting indefinitely without a deadline.

*touchwood* if uncle soon start to compensate here and there due to delay n start making losses...

we all know what happen next if a contractor starts facing financial issue, and that is the last thing everyone want to see

Jeslyn ..... U sound really really really ke lian ...

aiyo .... dun sad sad k .... think +ve .... after everything finish got new house to stay le .... really dun know how to "an wei" you leh ....

不算可怜,同情会让我不好意思! :unsure: (Lyn更可怜T_T)

我只是想把心情吐出,心情会舒畅许多!

因为我都不跟家人朋友诉苦,他们会担心也会过度关心,我不想让自己有更多压力。

所以上网发泄是最好的途径,不好意思!如果影响到大家的心情。

有看过我blog的都知道我乐观得很,只是遇到问题总是需要有释放难过的地方,这里就是我发泄的平台,可苦了大家的眼睛,“拍谢”

很的很谢谢你们,因为你们的温暖包围著,我会保留期待的心情,希望能早点和大家分享新家落成的的喜悦!

顺利的话我就搞个圣诞新家入伙庆祝会宴请大家^^ :yamseng:

Call me Kaypo, but after reading this thread I ready can't stand it anymore. I feel sorry and angry even it is none of my business.

First of all, let me clear up one thing. I'm not a contractor nor a client of Ah Soon too.

I'm just a guy who just brought a HDB apartment looking for a contractor.

If the exiting clients of Ah Soon want to get your reno complete soon.

I feel that all of you should stand together. Boycott Ah Soon until the outstanding jobs are clear!

Do yourself and other a favour by putting your renotalk ID, commencing date, status of the reno now.

Update regularly in this tread till your reno is completed.

eg:

ID: User101

Commencing date: 01 Aug 09

For those who had their home done by Ah Soon and want to help, please remove his name from your forum signature and STOP RECOMMENDING him to other. At lease until he competed the BACK LOG here. If you are meeting this Ah Soon, let him know he is being boycotted on renotalk till he completed the back log.

Hope this help to push him to complete the jobs faster and good luck.

totally agree, let's seal this thing and let him finish what he have on hand. :good: :good: :good: :good:

seashall(Lyn)说省钱就要等,我也因为这个原因,开始1个多月还真的是没特别积极追他,但是越拖越久才越来越不舒服,老实说,我们7-9月开工的应该都没心理准备要等那么久(会比其他人久,但是不至于那么久),因为在这之前ah soon的工程都没延误得那么厉害,工程也做的很漂亮,评语也很好,所以我们才找他,但可能是过后他一次签下太多工程(就是我们这批人),所以才会出现那么多工程延误的问题,可是,在10月左右,我们已经陆陆续续的把问题告诉接下来要找ah soon的朋友问题出现了,如果要找他就要心理准备会被延误工程,但是,大家还是要找他,旧要有预算到会拖延时间!我们开始不给询问的人ah soon的电话,也多次提醒大家,但是看来没什么用。

Jeslyn ..... U sound really really really ke lian ...

aiyo .... dun sad sad k .... think +ve .... after everything finish got new house to stay le .... really dun know how to "an wei" you leh ....

aiyo so ke lian.... huggz!

i salute both u and seashell ley... temper so good, very forgiving n got li ran jing sheng

i think if im in the same situation, not i kee siao 1st, than it will be ah soon..

Imagine im a "licensed" ah long... I will chase until he surrender!! *joking*

Now hor.. no more cut q liao.. u must think for yourself and your family

want to continue for how long more? anyway its fair and square lah... like Seashall say.. wan to save $$, than must wait

so you got your fair share of waiting liao mah right

Edited by jesslyntan

现在已经插很多队了,我和老公还真的很苦中作乐,昨天是我们的结婚周年纪念,结果是,我等ah soon等了大半天,晚上工作完,还要再打电话念人,回到家洗澡完,上renotalk后不久,就过了一天,我和老公都很难过无法在新家过纪念日,我也没心情做晚餐,结果没吃晚餐,过了12点才煮明星面吃,没心情更没激情:P

aiyo so ke lian.... huggz!

i salute both u and seashell ley... temper so good, very forgiving n got li ran jing sheng

i think if im in the same situation, not i kee siao 1st, than it will be ah soon..

Imagine im a "licensed" ah long... I will chase until he surrender!! *joking*

Now hor.. no more cut q liao.. u must think for yourself and your family

want to continue for how long more? anyway its fair and square lah... like Seashall say.. wan to save $$, than must wait

so you got your fair share of waiting liao mah right

haha... jess

gu tong zuo le .... jia you wor

but u also dun be too generous... he rush all other's project because more urgent.. than yours always push to bottom.

people urgent, u not urgent meh? (no offense to the other sooner's project owner.)

must take Q no mah, first come first serve

现在已经插很多队了,我和老公还真的很苦中作乐,昨天是我们的结婚周年纪念,结果是,我等ah soon等了大半天,晚上工作完,还要再打电话念人,回到家洗澡完,上renotalk后不久,就过了一天,我和老公都很难过无法在新家过纪念日,我也没心情做晚餐,结果没吃晚餐,过了12点才煮明星面吃,没心情更没激情:P