Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pbtgal

Our Hard-earned Humble Lodge For 3 Generations

Hi pbtgal,

Congrats on your moving in. Glad to hear that your ID make it possible for the carpentry to be up in time. :good:

Is the Tv mount on a feature wall? You might want to check if you can hide the wire behind it. And the clock above the tv, I think it will look better to mount it beside the wall feature or elsewhere. My personal perference also la. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hahaha my girl is oso eager to "go home" !

She can keep say go home ! go ning ning home !

Very impressive your place took such a big leap and is at finishing phase oreali.

Looks awesome ! I love the tinted mirrors at the dining area.

Nice PD doors for bathrooms.

Your paintings are nice too :)

Its a pity you did not select quartz as your kitchen top. But yah the price is really -___- i understand.

When my ID gave me the final price I oso made a big fuss on it.

However I find black galaxy granite top will look nice on your kitchen but that is my preference la hehe.

Children are so cute and its worth all our effort to create this dream home of ours after seeing him so keen to go home instead of go gai gai.

Thanks, my ID bangwall when i changed my mind over the designs/colours of the PD doors as we did many last minute changes :P . The paintings nice hor, the best part, they are made of waterproof frame and not exp, abt less than $50 each except for the 3 @ entrance $68 each.

Ya, the mirrors are very nice, its called tea glass and now my house has all sorts of glass - black, white, clear & tea. When my ID showed me their office which did this huge cabinet with black & tea glass combined with walnut laminate, we go "WOW" and decided to pay a little more for these 4 pieces of tea glass.

My heart dropped when my ID reveal the price for the quartz top, its as exp as my kitchen cabinet. I really love the quartz stone (white star) & its even nicer than the pearl white indian granite but its really too exp. So i chose funtionality over beauty lor. We know the colour dun really match, sigh :bangwall:

Hi pbtgal,

Congrats on your moving in. Glad to hear that your ID make it possible for the carpentry to be up in time. :good:

Is the Tv mount on a feature wall? You might want to check if you can hide the wire behind it. And the clock above the tv, I think it will look better to mount it beside the wall feature or elsewhere. My personal perference also la. :D

Hi Rasp

Thanks. Ya, will check with ID whether can hide the wire. If not my $$$ for the feature wall wasted.

Hi pbtgal,

Like to check with you where you brought all your downlight and lighting? Does ID charge you for installation?

Hi Takomi

Lynn brought us to Italu Collection @ Balestier. The other shop worth mentioning is Kleen Lights & Bath @ Tyrwhitt Road. Services provided :thumbs up: . As we started our research early, we make many changes to the lights & toilet accessories, no complains from the staff. If you see the layers of white blanco on my invoices, you will know what i mean, haha :P .

Lynn brought me to the light shop just beside her office but i find the price quite ex. I told her I might want to get from other shop and she told me have to get the shop person to install. Does that mean I can only get lights from her recommendation if I want her guys to install?

Lynn brought me to the light shop just beside her office but i find the price quite ex. I told her I might want to get from other shop and she told me have to get the shop person to install. Does that mean I can only get lights from her recommendation if I want her guys to install?

Are u doing re-wiring? We did whole house re-wiring and so installation of lightings included in her quotations. Do u want to check out Italu? But frankly speaking, Italu's prices not cheap either. We did not do enuff research on lightings but like the service provided by them and so never go anywhere else.

Are u doing re-wiring? We did whole house re-wiring and so installation of lightings included in her quotations. Do u want to check out Italu? But frankly speaking, Italu's prices not cheap either. We did not do enuff research on lightings but like the service provided by them and so never go anywhere else.

Ya, I doing re-wire but we haven't discuss the lighting point yet. Maybe she will not include the installation inside the quotation ba. Bcos I went to lightings.com.sg at blastier and found the price really cheap. That's y consider getting from there.

Haha, spoke to Lynn today and she told me you already moved in :D then came back to see your t-blog updated :D

Things are looking good for you. I wonder how mine will turn out since mine is a small project compared to yours

Ya, I doing re-wire but we haven't discuss the lighting point yet. Maybe she will not include the installation inside the quotation ba. Bcos I went to lightings.com.sg at blastier and found the price really cheap. That's y consider getting from there.

I got her to include the installation inside quotation leh, maybe cuz I kiasu...

Edited by merryman

I got her to include the installation inside quotation leh, maybe cuz I kiasu after what pbtgal told me ...

Oh, what did pbtgal told u??? Tell me le :P ....when will you start the reno?

Oh, what did pbtgal told u??? Tell me le :P ....when will you start the reno?

haha, never edit out fast enough...

tell me to be detailed in my quotation lor... cuz I scare of high VO...

22nd Sept for me...

Try Lights Vault also, near the end of balestier road near the CDC, their prices for simple lightings are not bad too..

My quote just never include the re-wire only cos lynn still haven't disucss with me the power points. My reno will start on 18 Aug.

It could end up in VO since quotation did not include... Be mindful of that. Check with her, with black and write if possible... I've discussed power points before we sign because we are sure how many ceiling lights we need...

Hope to see your t-blog soon...

Edited by merryman

A big joke was that we did not realise that our bed frames were all spoilt after 4 years' of usage. Things today really cannot last. We have made last minute order @ S&C for a king-sized & queen-sized bedframes. The female boss told us they had received many orders lately maybe due to people rushing reno b4 7th lunar month. Keep our fingers crossed our delivery will not be late. If not our new mattresses will be lying on the floor for dun know how long :dunno: . But S&C service oso thumb up :thumbs up: .

Oh yes b4 i forget we highly recommend our movers - The Helping Hand. They are very prompt, charges reasonable and most importanly they are very professional. No complaints about the many boxes & bulky items like fridge, washer etc they need to move. They helped to dismantle our bedframes to realise they were spoilt and so helped us to dispose them. Our old king-sized bedframe was transport from old house to new one to realise inneed to be disposed off too. And i have to mention both our ex-home and new one are not @ lift level :good: . Anyone need their contact can pm me ;) .

hi pbtgal

would appreciate if you can share the contacts of your mover...Please PM me..thanks

gorilla