Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Tiler Seng,

Need some professional advice and wish you can help. My floor tiles just popped yesterday!

My flat is a premium flat from HDB which I renovated 3 years ago. I didn't like the tiles that HDB provided and hence, hacked and laid new ones.

Based on what I have gathered, seems that the reason for popped tiles is due to air trapped beneath the tiles which is caused by poor workmanhip. Is this correct?

I had a difficult time dealing with my contractor as he simply denied all responisbilities. May I know what are the options available to me right now besides re-tiling the popped tiles?

Thanks/rgds.

Hi Contractor hold responsibility for any tile defect within One Year of renovation,

you may just update the HDB he will never get away. :good:

Hi Tiler Seng,

My flat was renovated 3 years ago, so is my contractor still liable for the defect?

He came the other day and just stomped his feet on the popped tiles. Said it's not due to poor workmanship.

I am really at my wits' end with this contractor!

What would you recommend? Just replace the popped tiles or re-do everyting i.e. hacked everything and re-tile?

Hi Tiler Seng,

My flat was renovated 3 years ago, so is my contractor still liable for the defect?

He came the other day and just stomped his feet on the popped tiles. Said it's not due to poor workmanship.

I am really at my wits' end with this contractor!

What would you recommend? Just replace the popped tiles or re-do everyting i.e. hacked everything and re-tile?

3 Yrs...he is no more liable for it, cause popping tile is due to many reason,

try get advice from HDB, and source for quote same time.

Hi Tiler Seng,

Do you do small projects such as removing of built-in wardrobe cum workdesk? I need to remove that for my bedroom plus plastering, painting and installation of additional electrical outlets. Thanks.

Hi Tiler Seng,

Do you do small projects such as removing of built-in wardrobe cum workdesk? I need to remove that for my bedroom plus plastering, painting and installation of additional electrical outlets. Thanks.

we do as long it is profitable :D

Can pls quote me both hacking floor n wall tile for both toilets for hdb 4room?

Do u do carpentry works as well? Thx

Hi, We did everything include Rocket :good:

JOIN us~! Looking for more Helpers

Date: 11 Dec 2011 (Sunday)

Time: 9.00am to 1pm

**Meet up at BBHQ 9.00am latest 9.30am @ Blk 87 Zion Road. (Slip road)

Please RSVP soon.

We are open to other car makes as well, not only STREAMS... please invite your family and friends or neigbours with cars....

Guys, keep it coming... a very meaningful event.

*Those coming alone please state, I will arrange a Helper to assist.

Helps from SSOG:

01) Steamystream

02) kagoh

03) kynoe

04) SHAWN SEAH

05)KIM MUN

06) ankc (need 1 helper)

07) Danny

08 ) Garyrsz

09) Dowjon

10) Ah Beng Hero

11) Jawsjayjay

12) Bigmomo

13) Juski (Need helper)

14) wallaw819

15) mk4500

20) Goobii

Helps From Renotalk:

1)Tiler Seng (Need helper)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Dear RT Member, pls refer to this link: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45321&st=0&gopid=683478entry683478

i think this is very helpful...for those who participate, i'll provide FREE CONSULTANT of your renovation with verbal advise when you see me there on Sunday :help:

I would like to do a small renovation to my 20 years kitchen by hacking away my 11ft concrete kitchen support and stove sink and rebuilt a L shape concrete kitchen support for stove and sink as I would like the rubbish chute to be display outside so as to enable my mother to throw the rubbish without bending down, and I would like to move my washing machine beside the rubbish chute so I would need a base for the washing machine as well.

Can you quote me based on the above.

Thanks