Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
feimei

Cosy Corner In E West

Dear all, this is the Finished Product of my kitchen:

all feedback are welcome!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ur kitchen looks good. :) Ur hob is from HOBZ? Hehe, tink we got the same one. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yea I also had a hard time choosing colors last time...esp the one for my bedroom...

At first wanted to use cotton white for most of the walls in my hse but then the painter commented that the color is too light cos I removed some skirting from the wall previously, so need a thicker paint to cover up the damages done to the wall. So in the end I chose Lilac White also but the painter mixed with white...cos if just use lilac white he commented will be quite yellowish and my husband wants a more "whitish" effect...

I think it's not a good idea to get friends to do...cos usually will have dispute...like if u not happy wif their job u also have to accept and cannot complain cos it's free ma...so depends on whether the friends are really skilful or not...maybe go and take a look at their other painting job and then decide?

Wowww...we oso decided on Lilac White leh....hahahaha...we got same 'taste' yeah~~~hubby dun wan too white leh (opp ur hubby's idea)....soo we think Lilac white is the best of all....but dan i went to check out paint price these few days (on mandatary leave this wk :P ) went to chk out shopping ctr, neighbourhood, industrial area....surprisingly....neighbourhood price is the highest worrr.... O.O think we will buy fr industrial area...the uncle oso very frenxly...

did ur painter do undercoat? hubby want to do undercoat before put on the paint color we want and the paint shop uncle recommanded to buy a 20L paint for undercoat....more dan enuff for 4rooms lol....even after painting....no need go with another color oso can worrr but i think it will be too White lol.... :unsure:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so many colors to choose frm? :unsure: :unsure: even white lol.. it's true that we can always repaint agin but after we settle down we got to move thing away and so on .. it gonna be another headache.

Oh i dun think i am asking my friends to help. Srsly i dun think they can find the time. they just wanna "play"

None of them actually paint b4 so .. haha i can imagine the workmanship. I guess i would place it in the professional 's hands.

By the way I also bought my tv during during audio house sale . haha can't miss the bargain too... :D :D :D

yalor...alot of color....c till u blur....really can't decide on...becos u need to match with ur theme or match with ur furniture....a few factors to consider lol and again if u belief in FS....dan hv to c which color not into u lol or ur hubby not into that color....hahahahaa....'shang niao jing' ahhh.... :rolleyes:

Ur kitchen looks good. :) Ur hob is from HOBZ? Hehe, tink we got the same one. :P

hahahahahaa....we not only into the same red red cabinet....hob oso the same brand ya.....yes...i got HOBZ hob n hoob lol..... :D

hey, can i ask u something..

m trying to figure out if i need a 7kg or 8kg washer.. think the biggest thing i'll put in is the duvet cover, bed sheets, etc.. using blinds mostly so no curtains to throw in..

was thinking 7kg is enuff but hubby was aiming for 8kg.. how ah?

oh n copied this from another forum...

Solid Surface

Because solid surface counters are just what they're called, solid, any scratches can be sanded out. The countertops are custom-made to your specifications by companies such as Avonite, Corian, and Swanstone.

Pros: comes in a rainbow of colors and patterns; seamless; stain resistant.

Cons vulnerable to hot pans and stains which can damage the surface; can be moderately expensive.

hey, can i ask u something..

m trying to figure out if i need a 7kg or 8kg washer.. think the biggest thing i'll put in is the duvet cover, bed sheets, etc.. using blinds mostly so no curtains to throw in..

was thinking 7kg is enuff but hubby was aiming for 8kg.. how ah?

oh n copied this from another forum...

Solid Surface

Because solid surface counters are just what they're called, solid, any scratches can be sanded out. The countertops are custom-made to your specifications by companies such as Avonite, Corian, and Swanstone.

Pros: comes in a rainbow of colors and patterns; seamless; stain resistant.

Cons vulnerable to hot pans and stains which can damage the surface; can be moderately expensive.

horrr....Woww...he wan to buy till 8kg de ahh....i was tink to buy 6.5kg onli leh....my current hse has always being 6.5kg...hv been washing bedsheets (thrown in 2queen size), quilt, etc....still moveable leh...hahahaha....or each of u give in abit....7.5kg lol....frankly speaking, 7kg shld be enuff....u must tink....only two adults clothing lol....even next time got kids....wun be throwing in to wash with adults clothing, right? so buying a bigger cc is kind of a waste lol....u not washing duvet cover every wk, right? @ least once in two wks....so one mth only twice leh....but again, if price doesn't different too much then 8kg will be worth it lol....hahahahaa....very sorry if i confused u...becos for me...i dun throw eveything into washer esp my working pants, i oways hand-wash....so basically my washer will be meant more for my hubby....hahahahaa....u hv to measure ur usage and not by the size of the washer lol....(i tink this make more sense, right?) hahahahaha :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so many colors to choose frm? :unsure: :unsure: even white lol.. it's true that we can always repaint agin but after we settle down we got to move thing away and so on .. it gonna be another headache.

Oh i dun think i am asking my friends to help. Srsly i dun think they can find the time. they just wanna "play"

None of them actually paint b4 so .. haha i can imagine the workmanship. I guess i would place it in the professional 's hands.

By the way I also bought my tv during during audio house sale . haha can't miss the bargain too... :D :D :D

Haha yea...they have this page which is titled Shades of Whites...and all the colors in the page are white, just different shades...some are more pinkish white, some more yellowish white, greenish white, greyish white, purplish white...the list goes on! You will be surprised :)

horrr....Woww...he wan to buy till 8kg de ahh....i was tink to buy 6.5kg onli leh....my current hse has always being 6.5kg...hv been washing bedsheets (thrown in 2queen size), quilt, etc....still moveable leh...hahahaha....or each of u give in abit....7.5kg lol....frankly speaking, 7kg shld be enuff....u must tink....only two adults clothing lol....even next time got kids....wun be throwing in to wash with adults clothing, right? so buying a bigger cc is kind of a waste lol....u not washing duvet cover every wk, right? @ least once in two wks....so one mth only twice leh....but again, if price doesn't different too much then 8kg will be worth it lol....hahahahaa....very sorry if i confused u...becos for me...i dun throw eveything into washer esp my working pants, i oways hand-wash....so basically my washer will be meant more for my hubby....hahahahaa....u hv to measure ur usage and not by the size of the washer lol....(i tink this make more sense, right?) hahahahaha :D

ya i also think so leh... i also dun mix my clothes..i wash separate washes most times.. went to the megastore in katong mall jz now.. cant decide..:P diff between the 7kg n 8kg a few hundred dollars leh.. think will get 7kg max..cos wanna buy a dryer also.. *faint*

Wowww...we oso decided on Lilac White leh....hahahaha...we got same 'taste' yeah~~~hubby dun wan too white leh (opp ur hubby's idea)....soo we think Lilac white is the best of all....but dan i went to check out paint price these few days (on mandatary leave this wk :P ) went to chk out shopping ctr, neighbourhood, industrial area....surprisingly....neighbourhood price is the highest worrr.... O.O think we will buy fr industrial area...the uncle oso very frenxly...

did ur painter do undercoat? hubby want to do undercoat before put on the paint color we want and the paint shop uncle recommanded to buy a 20L paint for undercoat....more dan enuff for 4rooms lol....even after painting....no need go with another color oso can worrr but i think it will be too White lol.... :unsure:

Yup we do put base coat before painting on the first coat of painting...is base coat the same as undercoat? Haha...

Our painter applied the base coat for us...said will look better and will protect the wall also..

ya i also think so leh... i also dun mix my clothes..i wash separate washes most times.. went to the megastore in katong mall jz now.. cant decide..:P diff between the 7kg n 8kg a few hundred dollars leh.. think will get 7kg max..cos wanna buy a dryer also.. *faint*

Ohhh...i oso wan to pop by megastore to look c look c leh but abit lazy leh....hahahahaha...my current hse washer bot fr there lol... :P Ohhh u wan to get a dryer worr....if different more than 200, then no point bahhh, get 7kg lol....the different take n top up for ur dryer....kekekeeke....i always like that decide on the things i wan lol.... :P

Yup we do put base coat before painting on the first coat of painting...is base coat the same as undercoat? Haha...

Our painter applied the base coat for us...said will look better and will protect the wall also..

yeah yeah....same meaning....hahahaha...dun get confused... :P ya...hubby oso say mus done with base coat before putting up the color we want...so before he start painting...i am scraping off the uneven on wall n sand it these few days....Ouch~~~i feel my arms aching... :(

u bot ur tv console from ikea, right?

Haha yea...they have this page which is titled Shades of Whites...and all the colors in the page are white, just different shades...some are more pinkish white, some more yellowish white, greenish white, greyish white, purplish white...the list goes on! You will be surprised :)

yalor....just the pag of white....ur eyes will be spinning lol.....haahahhahaa...got apple white...barley white...lily white....wah biangz~~~~ >.<

Ohhh...i oso wan to pop by megastore to look c look c leh but abit lazy leh....hahahahaha...my current hse washer bot fr there lol... :P Ohhh u wan to get a dryer worr....if different more than 200, then no point bahhh, get 7kg lol....the different take n top up for ur dryer....kekekeeke....i always like that decide on the things i wan lol.... :P

heh.. was hvg dnr at katong jz now, tts why jz popped over to see.. :D if u ever in katong, must go to this peranakan restaurant called Peranakan Inn, very good food.

now trying to decide which model.. so many diff models and functions, head spin... :help: managed to finalize on on model for our fridge though.. :D

my hubby wanna paint house mostly white also.. saw all the diff shades of white, another hard-to-choose... then the white also will turn out slightly diff cos of the flooring color.. think getting white hair from hvg to decide on all these stuff.. was easier planning for the wedding.. :P

heh.. was hvg dnr at katong jz now, tts why jz popped over to see.. :D if u ever in katong, must go to this peranakan restaurant called Peranakan Inn, very good food.

now trying to decide which model.. so many diff models and functions, head spin... :help: managed to finalize on on model for our fridge though.. :D

my hubby wanna paint house mostly white also.. saw all the diff shades of white, another hard-to-choose... then the white also will turn out slightly diff cos of the flooring color.. think getting white hair from hvg to decide on all these stuff.. was easier planning for the wedding.. :P

>>> Side track a bit..

I have seen the miele washer and dryer combo at ck tangs going for $3998 with free vacuums cleaner. The sale lady told me tangs card member got 12% rebate next week. Tempted but pocket not deep enough :( :( :( :(

>>> Side track a bit..

I have seen the miele washer and dryer combo at ck tangs going for $3998 with free vacuums cleaner. The sale lady told me tangs card member got 12% rebate next week. Tempted but pocket not deep enough :( :( :( :(

haha.. me too.. i also saw but like u, pocket also not deep enuff... :(:( so now settling on bosch.. :P