Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Felixp

Home Sweet Home @ Woodlands (' ',)

Updates... 1st & 2nd Day, 27 - 28 Oct - Hacking/Demolition works

Must say it looks like a lot of work done. But one thing quite satisfied is that the workers used cardboard to cover up all the floorings and some walls near to the "hacking" sites. Even the stairway flooring are all covered up nicely. :)

4049129349_010dedb049.jpg

Living Room - Walls covered up nicely

4049129161_d96ddf69a4.jpg

Kitchen - Everything to be gone

4049875902_1b504b77fc.jpg

Kitchen & Balcony

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hacking... continued.

4049876128_fb5b5ccb47.jpg

Wall outside toilet at kitchen half-done

4049129451_406dc85ace.jpg

All the kitchen cabinets being tore down and "parked" at balcony area

4049129665_e6920628aa.jpg

MBR - all cabinets being taken out

4049876196_ab15c4f664.jpg

MBR - with the cabinets being "flattened"

4049876504_1cdc7e0b1f.jpg

Toilet half-done

4049129755_f06916c1b8.jpg

Close-up. Funny how it looks with the tiles gone, like some patterned lines issit? If not for reno, wouldnt have know it will look like this.

Anyway, these are only pixs taken after the 1st day, kinda feel that the progress is quite smooth and fast. All hacking are expected to be done by the 2nd day, Tues, followed by the removal of all debris on the 3rd day (didnt know removal have to take whole day!). Tiling will probably commence on Thu. :good:

Haiz, still no news from RHB on the loan application. :( Keeping my fingers crossed will be approved for the full amount. ;)

Me and my wife applied with RHB. Due to my work nature only my wife's income is considered, so we didn't get the full loan :(

hi Nekorin,

But at least got approved. How come u didnt want to try other banks to see u can get full loan? I heard RHB more ngeow than other banks? Btw, how long did they take to process the loan application? :unsure:

hi Nekorin,

But at least got approved. How come u didnt want to try other banks to see u can get full loan? I heard RHB more ngeow than other banks? Btw, how long did they take to process the loan application? :unsure:

hey felixp!

maybe u can call them up to check.. last time my hubby enquired with RHB, they say after u submit, better call 3-4 days later to give them a little nudge.. :)

welcome to RT!how much is your reno quote ah?

Do u know?Yeak also stay in woodland! :D

helow rondy,

Thanks. my quote is $35,750. Yah, mr yeak is just staying a few blocks away from me... hehes, dat's why he said take my job very convenient for him... hehes...

wow!your place so near causeway point also ah?!very high COV lor,i suppose.

But very convenience lah!

depends lor. my parents block also very near to CWP. but because its old, hence we don't think that it'll fetch

high price, let alone COV. having said that, with e current HDB resale market condition, i think if we ask for

valuation, there'll be long queue to view our flat! hahaha

Hi Batman & Rondy,

My flat is abt 5-10 mins walk from cwpt... we bought at below valuation at $416k (valuation = $420k); it's abt 12 years old. Though it's below valuation, $416k is still quite loh, if sell next time, likely to make a loss (touch wood!)! Cos woodlands is quite "ulu", unless u have been staying there or like the area; not considered a "prime" location i think. But we like it cos we grow up at woodlands and all our friends and my hubby's family stay at woodlands... Also can go JB, nearer than gg town (if no jam!).

Hi Angel81,

Yah, very easy to get Mr Year, if not, we can go "harass" him... haha... However, hope dun have alot of defects leh... for your reno, were there many??

hi Nekorin,

I am Nekorin's wife hehe :)

We didn't try other banks cos we applied the loan a bit late so no time to wait for other application to be approved...

They took ard 1 week +...luckily my contractor was understanding abt it and never really pressed us for payment..

btw, any1 applied for reno loan with RHB before? I am now awaiting for their approval, just submitted the application last wed... Heard from pple that RHB's rejection rate quite high... keeping my fingers crossed...

hi Nekorin,

Try Maybank. I got rejected by RHB and tried Maybank. Maybank very efficient and approved our loan super fast. Look for Apple at the main branch. She's very efficient.

Hi Angel81,

Yah, very easy to get Mr Year, if not, we can go "harass" him... haha... However, hope dun have alot of defects leh... for your reno, were there many??

Yoz! Nope, very few defects and very smalls one. He rectified mine very fast, and even deduct some $ from the final payment for those tat I was willing to close an eye and accept. The best way to prevent defects is to monitor ur reno closely. Let Yeak know soonest and he'll rectify it fast. :)

Hi Angel81 & Nekorin,

Thanks. My RHB loan's finally approved liao. Was so relieved cos mr Yeak olreadi started work and we were so worried that the loan wont be approved. However, i must say RHB quite inconvenient loh, cos the atm card issued to us cannot be used anywhere else and we need to do a interbank transfer for the monthly instalment. Somemore they dun have a IB login facility so cannot login online to see if funds were transferred to the RHB bank a/c correctly; will have to visit the branch to update the bank book loh. But for their low 3% interest rate, i guess it's still okay loh.. :P

Updates.. This is the 3rd week of our Reno liao..

During the past 2 weeks, completed items were:

- All Hacking (done during 1st week)

- All Tiling (Kitchen + 3 Toilets) (done during 2nd week)

One thing i am impressed with is that i felt the workers are quite organised. Each time we visit the place in the evening after the workers have left, we noticed that all the tools and equipments were always stacked neatly at one corner. Not sure if this is the working norm of all contractors lah, but at least this make me felt more reassured lah... :P

4088335508_00b5557920.jpg

Tiling done for MBR Toilet:

4087512947_81f059217a.jpg

4088248302_185afd8b3e.jpg

Tiling Done for Guest Toilet at upper level:

4087510411_daf6cfcb07.jpg

Tiling Done for Kitchen:

4088258676_6237089976.jpg

Tiling Done for Common Toilet at Kitchen:

4087503309_4c8852ae50.jpg

Cant really see the effect yet... will update again once the carpetry's done. ;)