Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hub+wifi

Minimalist Space

hihi! ever thought of doing those pull out drawer for ur sauce bottles? if u go Blum or IKEA, u will know what i mean. :)

Yes yes agree with Mickey bro, now it's still early so dun rush take your time and ask yourself what would you like to have in your kitchen. Better still, ask your mum what is lacking in the current kitchen she is using as they will know best hahahahaha :D

There's alot of space planning solution available in both ikea and blum so drop by and take a look to get some ideas :D

Thank you for your advise ^^

Yeah will be going down to Blum and Ikea soon meanwhile see their catalog first cause Hub rushing out project....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wow shiny wall tiles~

Chosen the color/design for your cabinets yet in the kitchen?

most likely this colour with grey worktop

kitchencabinetcolor.jpg

if not would be high gloss white with grey worktop

saw this in one of the shop @S$260 (T6 tube , i think round and only come in warm white(yellow yellow type).

mk

Wow $260 per pcs.... oops over my budget and prefer white light hehe

Thank you for the update :)

Don't seems to match hor, ID say ignore the color cause we have not choose the laminate and ask us to think of the number of drawers and swing doors. His advise would be drawer waste more spaces and swing door the best.

i was grinning when i read this. drawers cost more than swing door due to mechanism. your contractor wants you to get all swing door so he can earn big big :D

personally, i would want as many drawers as i can get :D get high drawers, normal drawers and low drawers. can put small things in the low drawers, average things in the normal drawers and big things in the high drawers.

something like this, but the bottom drawer should be higher

pand_p_drawers.jpg

your ID's face may turn black if you tell him you want all drawers :D

i was grinning when i read this. drawers cost more than swing door due to mechanism. your contractor wants you to get all swing door so he can earn big big :D

personally, i would want as many drawers as i can get :D get high drawers, normal drawers and low drawers. can put small things in the low drawers, average things in the normal drawers and big things in the high drawers.

something like this, but the bottom drawer should be higher

pand_p_drawers.jpg

your ID's face may turn black if you tell him you want all drawers :D

Thank you... keke I heard from people that we should try not to have drawer under the sink or stove for easy maintenance in future, is that true?

Edited by Hub+wifi

Thank you... keke I heard from people that we should try not to have drawer under the sink or stove for easy maintenance in future, is that true?

the concern is that your sink may leak water into your drawer. but this is true regardless of drawer or swing. if water leaks from sink, your cabinet is gone case :D basically make sure your plumber has some standard and you can also personally do QC on the sink. Put something heavy on it (like a stack of plates) and splash water on the gap between the sink and the worktop to check if the sink is well secured. If your sink leaks while you are washing a stack of plates, you have a problem.

there's a concern about the S-pipe below the sink. to resolve that, you can do half-depth drawers. for inspiration, go to ikea kitchen section and look at the drawers under the sinks there :D

for stove.. usually there's a gap between the stove and the highest drawer, so there's no issue.

Edited by ossify

the concern is that your sink may leak water into your drawer. but this is true regardless of drawer or swing. if water leaks from sink, your cabinet is gone case :D basically make sure your plumber has some standard and you can also personally do QC on the sink. Put something heavy on it (like a stack of plates) and splash water on the gap between the sink and the worktop to check if the sink is well secured. If your sink leaks while you are washing a stack of plates, you have a problem.

there's a concern about the S-pipe below the sink. to resolve that, you can do half-depth drawers. for inspiration, go to ikea kitchen section and look at the drawers under the sinks there :D

for stove.. usually there's a gap between the stove and the highest drawer, so there's no issue.

Thank you :)

something we have agree on between drawers and swing door.. :P

39690725-1.jpg

Thank you Ossify for your guidance if not I think we will go for all swing door le :)

Edited by Hub+wifi

actually depends on individual's preference. for my place, we only got 1 'stack' of drawers. e rest r all cabinet doors. hehe

actually depends on individual's preference. for my place, we only got 1 'stack' of drawers. e rest r all cabinet doors. hehe

I think it also depends on what you have. I used to be able to stack all my tupperware into one shelf (1 level) and all the party plates/cups/trays etc into the other (normal cabinet). But now with drawers, I have to split them into 2 diff drawers. I agree with your ID that drawers waste more space, esp if your doors are without handles, that's what happened to mine. Will try to take pix and show.

So space planning is really impt. Think of what you have / want to store, I believe that will help you with your planning :)

I think it also depends on what you have. I used to be able to stack all my tupperware into one shelf (1 level) and all the party plates/cups/trays etc into the other (normal cabinet). But now with drawers, I have to split them into 2 diff drawers. I agree with your ID that drawers waste more space, esp if your doors are without handles, that's what happened to mine. Will try to take pix and show.

So space planning is really impt. Think of what you have / want to store, I believe that will help you with your planning :)

We prefer drawer actually :) my parents house using mostly swing doors and I often have a hard time searching for stuffs when they are deep inside. For drawer I can have an overview of the stuffs :) Yeah I am using dynamic space to help me on the planning. ;)

If possible can show me the pic you mentioned, as we thinking of having no handles Thank you :)