Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
homelover

Any Comment Plush Living

hi sklovenest, can share your experience with them?

thanks

Hi hwaa,

Initial impression of ID was, he's very friendly and experienced. He was one of the few IDs who cared to view our house and gave us valuable input. Up till now, when we encountered problems and issues with the house, he did not become two-faced like some other firms I heard of. He is still very patient and courteous with us, unlike their Project Manager. He even offered to bring us to the tiles shop and stayed there throughout our selection, giving honest opinions. He, too, solved the tile problem with HDB for us when my husband and I were busy and unable to go HDB office during office hours. He also make trips to meet us at our convenience unlike some other IDs who always want us to meet at their office.

Good points aside, I do find him absent-minded at times. We find ourselves highlighting certain issues repeatedly, but to find them undone or forgotten. I also think communication between ID and Project Manager was a problem. I think customers should not suffer the consequences of poor communication amongst their staff. One thing I find unsatisfactory is, we were not informed of the change of number lock combi. As they change the locks quite frequently to prevent contractors or workers from entering the house unnecessarily, we find ourselves trying to call the ID or PM and ask for new lock combi every time we want to view the house. As owners, we go to our house to check on quite a regular basis, I think it's their responsibility to keep us informed.

On their works, I will give comments once my house is done.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sklovenest, my case is similar to urs. Darren is good, responsible but super busy. Proj Mgr sucks! Told him many times on a particular issue but never get resolved. Always shout at workers and piss them off, made them work in very unhappy mood, like that how to produce good quality output. Also, reminded him that if he changed the number lock, must informed me but never! Always when i cannot open, call him then he said oh ya, change number. Asked me to fax my purchase invoice to him so that he can contact the store to arrange for suitable date for delivery to coincide with the installation date, but never happen! I still have to keep chasing him until i gave up and did the coordination myself.

My renov started last yr Dec 13 and till now still yet to complete! Darren juz came to my place to identify the defects last sat. I'm putting my trust on him that he'll get the defects done before year end since I've made my final payment. It's almost a year! Also, i m glad that he has get rid of previous walk-in wardrobe supplier coz their workmanship and materials sucks! Carpentry work standard is normal, not excellent but acceptable as I've seen better. Glass work fantastic. Painter wise depends on which worker they allocate. Initial 2 batch can't make it, however, the 3rd painter (Hamzah) who came to do the touch up did a fantastic job, impressed by his skill. Electricians are pretty good too. Plumber workers are great, especially the one who's the shortest among the team and the other one who's very thin. Both are good. However, their boss's skill sucks! Scratched my vanity solid top, told me he'll sand it off but never. Also, scratched my new washing machine and yet denied.

In general, I think it is impossible to find an ID firm who has all great suppliers and workers. I think a lot is still depend on luck, just like within a company some workers are more skilled some are not, so depends on who you have been allocated. I'll still recommend Darren as contractor as he's assertive to his suppliers. If only he has few more staffs who are as capable as him, I think my renov will go much smoother and got done within 3 mths.

i heard abt the so called site coordinator. the id i spoke to actually told us beforehand. but most of his jobs he coordinates himself, so i guess its better.we want him to be the one that coordinate as well, cos sometimes we sign is becos can get along and click with the id, suddenly comes in another site manager... wah how to talk like that. make things more harder i guess...

hi guys! is darren an ID or contractor or both? since i have a very clear idea how i want my home to be i'm thinking of just engaging a contractor instead of an ID. will darren be able to do that? or if i engage him i 'die die' must pay for 3D drawings and designing fees etc?

hi guys! is darren an ID or contractor or both? since i have a very clear idea how i want my home to be i'm thinking of just engaging a contractor instead of an ID. will darren be able to do that? or if i engage him i 'die die' must pay for 3D drawings and designing fees etc?

I know that Darren is the boss of this interior design company. And yes, i think as long as u engage an ID firm, all the charges apply.

Anyway I just met up with him for the first time and I think he is indeed responsible and reliable. But, it is quite difficult to schedule a time with him as he seems very busy. Would be lucky if he was my ID but unfortunately not. He dealt with matters very quickly and I am very impressed with the service. Hopefully my house would be ready this week, as agreed. Then, I can share all the photos with all of you on the blog or something.

Hi all,

I'm collecting key soon and I am considering PL. Anyone liaise with Tim? So far, nobody mentioned his name here. Many ppl mentioned about good service here but beside service, I think workmanship is very impt too. Can those who engaged PL share their workmanship with us?

So far, Pl has given me a reasonable quote that's why I'm considering them =)

Hi all,

I'm collecting key soon and I am considering PL. Anyone liaise with Tim? So far, nobody mentioned his name here. Many ppl mentioned about good service here but beside service, I think workmanship is very impt too. Can those who engaged PL share their workmanship with us?

So far, Pl has given me a reasonable quote that's why I'm considering them =)

Not too sure who is Tim... My house was completed by PL... good service...carpentry is good too... and best is that the boss is very responsible person... will rectify problem if things goes wrong... Hiccups will happen in reno, most impt is things are resolved...

I think you wont regret signing for PL... Anything wrong, go to the boss... he is very responsible...

as promised, Darren has settled most of the defects b4 CNY, left only 3 issues dat he's still trying to resolve for me. thumbs up to his responsibility. He even came to change my door bell himself! Super hands on boss. Though there were some coordination issues with the PM and some not so good workers, which happens in any ID firms, I'll still go back to Darren if i need any further renov work.

I have so so many complaints about one of the ID in plush living. Regret that i go with him, should have just ask for Darren, probably will be better.

This person is totally ruining my house..

I have so so many complaints about one of the ID in plush living. Regret that i go with him, should have just ask for Darren, probably will be better.

Hi eeneyminey,

Care to share who is that ID? Cos i am considering this firm for reno.

I feel you. I had a hard time too. Honestly, I dont understand where the good reviews came from. Maybe we should openly share our experiences for the benefit of everyone. I'm still waiting for this one thing to be done in my house. And they are so irresponsible that I have to keep checking with them when they are actually going to come to rectify the problem. And up till now, No responses from Darren & my ID.

Hi eeneyminey,

Care to share who is that ID? Cos i am considering this firm for reno.

I wanted to share the person's name here real bad, believe me. But i'm still caught up in a contract with him. N call me coward or anything, but i seriously scared he will ruin my house even more.

Some problems that i have is the tv feature wall and tv console that he did was totally wrong from what he promised us and what we agreed in the first place. his laminating job sucks like crazy. Tiling n flooring work also haywired!!

He promised many things can do for us but in the end ALL GOT PROBLEMS!!

Anyway, dunno if it will help, but as you might guess alrd, he is a male designer, tall, dark hair, young too.

If i knew that i will have so many headache with him, i should have just gone straight to engaging contactors. I'm paying this much for an ID so that i can have a relax n enjoyable time renovating my house. Who knows this person can caused me and my husband so much trouble.

Because of all these issues, my renovation will be delayed for a month (i think). I'm on a tip of an iceberg of calling his boss and complaint him straight away.