Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chinchye

A Simple House For A Simple Couple In Old Airport Road

thanks for the tips.....will tell my sis, anyway they still looking around to get ideas....that's why didn't want to call yeak yet...i know he very very bz.......

Any more updates or pictures from your side?

Hmm no photos le cos now doing wetworks.. havent do tilings yet.. cos i told yeak to take his time for our house, finish pple first who needs the house more urgently..

Yest went to Sunget Kadut IFC.. bought a L-shape sofa.. 1st heavy damange.. =(.. bo lui liao.. hahhaa..

Initally wanted to get 1 at S&C cos cheaper but we couldnt "feel" the sofa.. so play safe.. lOL..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Today yeak doing hacking at my colleague place at Sembawang. :P

Wa, its been quite long since i update.. keke..

My tiles are up.. except the kitchen flooring.. which i think will be today.. Rondy, really like the limegreen plus white combi.. thks for ur house idea... =)

Finally,i saw who Hui Ge is.. haha.. the skillful tiler.. keke.. :D

Wa, its been quite long since i update.. keke..

My tiles are up.. except the kitchen flooring.. which i think will be today.. Rondy, really like the limegreen plus white combi.. thks for ur house idea... =)

Finally,i saw who Hui Ge is.. haha.. the skillful tiler.. keke.. :D

ya ya....update overdue....and no pictures.....he very nice to talk to and very attentive to details.... :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

ya ya....update overdue....and no pictures.....he very nice to talk to and very attentive to details.... :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Haha.. these few days very busy.. so no time to post photos.. ok, will definitely do it tmr.. today going over to take some photos..

Btw, this renotalk forumn format changed ... so difficult to read previous post.. not very user friendly le.. hor?

Haha.. these few days very busy.. so no time to post photos.. ok, will definitely do it tmr.. today going over to take some photos..

Btw, this renotalk forumn format changed ... so difficult to read previous post.. not very user friendly le.. hor?

Hey Chinchye,

Howz your reno going on bro?

Whenever i see your post, it reminds me of my childhood times.... :P ..OLD KALLANG AIRPORT ROAD...nice.!....hahhaaa

Show me more pics please...

cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi Everyone.. Happy New Yr 2010!!

It's been a busy mth for me during dec , thats y there were few updates on my blog... Just to update, i finally saw the legendary skillful tiler Hui Ge.. haha.. he is very professional and funny as well.. want to thank his team of experience tilers, my kitchen and toilet tiles are done within 2 days .. THe end product is good. Very small gap in-betw tiles.

Rondy, our toilet Lime green wall is really quite refreshing.. it brightens up the toilet walls.. thks for your idea!! :D

Enjoy the photos..

The toilet door is approved and hacked to change position.

IMG_2576-1.jpg

Toilet door finally sealed up.

IMG_2605-1.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_2608-1.jpg

IMG_2643-1.jpg

Welcome back!! :sport-smiley-004:

your kitchen is all white tiles?

Looks narrow..so next will be carpentry?

Ya, my kitchen is abit narrow.. yap, all white tiles cos i like the area to be bright..

Next will be painting.. then carpentry..

U still going BKK to buy house things? cos wanna ask u where to shop for house things... haha..

The painting of the house is finished.. 1 and only 1 red main door + room doors in my block.. LOL.. Very cool.. quite like it.. Enjoy the photos...

06012010731edited.jpg

09012010760.jpg

DIY installing this Door Knob and door stopper save me $190.. =) Very cool door knob.. its shinning black.. keke...

10012010786.jpg

Toilet Bi-fold White Door (Nothing special.. common door) Haha..

09012010761.jpg

The Feature wall in the house + all the rooms

09012010758.jpg

The place where i would put a large mirror.. Fengshui.. keke..

09012010768.jpg

One of the room's feature wall

09012010784.jpg

Downlights are painted white.. thks to Mr Yeak

09012010769.jpg

Edited by Chinchye

Now left polishing of marble floor and installing cabinets.. overall till now i am very satisfied with Mr Yeak's commitment and his sub-contractors attitude.. I think a good contractor other than positive attitude and commitment, must also have good sub-cons who are committed to their work also..

For example, during painting of the house, we wanted the (16) downlights to be painted white because of rust however, the painter said unless we remove down for him to paint else he wouldnt do it cos it's very difficult as the rim is narrow and thin.. very troublesome.. i also agreed with him as its quite tiring to paint the downlights on the ceiling and somemore there are 16 of them!!! so we talked to mr yeak.. the next day, i saw the downlights were removed down and i saw the painter painting it.. he DIDNT COMPLAIN a single thing to me and i also dont know who removed it.. its either mr yeak or the painter.. but i must say the painter did a good job for my house.. cant see any shabby painting on my doors and walls.. all very smooth, no patches here and there.. especially the doors cos its bright red.. so its very tough to paint.. i tried b4. u need to paint at least 2 times.. he still didnt complain and is quite professional in his work as well.. and he will even come back to touch up after the cabinets are up.. i told him no hurry.. go enjoy ur CNY cos he told me he is scared i will call him when its nearer to CNY haha.. (1 STAR to the painter)

i ur RED doors!!!!

hehe maybe i also paint mine ang ang :lol:

THks.. i got the idea from my wife's cousin.. keke.. actually quite cool.. but some pple might feel too uncomfortable.. cos too red.. keke..