Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

mentioned the other day that I had a saga with King Koil on my sofa bed. things have finally been resolved. (thank god!) here's how the story goes....

My hubby and I observed that the sofa bed keeps having this brownish powder dropping from it. Initially we thought it's saw dust which might be lodged onto the sofa bed and din think much about it. but seems like it keeps coming even after we clean it up. On closer look, we realised it's rust! It's coming from the internal of the metal structure. So I called up King Koil on 7/8 to complain this issue. Operator wanted to link me to a customer service officer but the line was engaged so she ask me to leave down my contact details and invoice details and the guy is supposed to call me back. fast forward 2 hours, no calls yet so I called back. same girl answer my call and say she has told the guy to call me but he is still busy. Will be calling shortly, fine, i shall wait. half hour later, seeing that it's almost afternoon and likely they are going to end work soon, I called back again to catch the guy but again the girl say he is busy. she added he say he will call me on 10/8. I was very unhappy as NO ONE called me to inform me this and I was still stupidly waiting for the call, voiced this out to her. No apologies from her, nvm, I asked her to give me the direct number of the guy who was supposed to call me.

10/8 no call from King Koil. I give them a chance caused they might have taken leave due to the long weekend or work was tight for the same reason. I was nice...

11/8, by noon no call. I called back and the guy picked up the call. Gave me a stupid excuse "oh, i just saw ur msg...":angry: nvm, i'm nice again so i let it go. guy said he will arrange a 1-1 replacement the following day at 11am.

12/8 was on medical leave so just nice to stay at home to wait for the delivery. guy called ard 10+ to hubby saying delivery guy cannot make it 11am cos cannot fit into schedule. hubby ask what time then, answer is 4.30pm :curse: I was not ard at the time of the call. would have retorted back that time was confirmed by themselves so why cannot fit into schedule. even so, the delay was ridiculously long! nvm, since still coming we wait....

come 4.30pm no sound no picture. called back, girl picked up the call and checked. realised wrong block was given to delivery, this tipped my patience level and i showed my unhappiness. She talked back saying "why u angry with me, u cannot be angry with me. I everyday also hear ppl complaining, what u want me to do. not happy complain to higher management." What the ****! this is the kind of answer we get as a consumer????

come 5pm, delivery guy called saying will be at our place ard 20mins time and they happened to let slip that they only received our delivery job in the afternoon. #$%^&* means the stupid customer service guy missed out my delivery and not wat they claimed "cannot fit into schedule".

when they reached at ard 5.25pm, was informed by the delivery guy that not total exchange cos my mattress was still ok. I asked him cos the customer service guy promised a 1-1 exchange, isn't that suppose to be total exchange? he say "what for u change the mattress? still good wat" being nice again, i agree so long they changed the rusty metal structure and solve my problem. but no lor, the guy realised that one of the structure was quite difficult to change tried to fool his way out by saying that part not possible to rust. I was getting hot with all the comments from him by that time and pointed it straight in his face the rusty part from that piece of frame. He, not happy I din go with him, pushed my bed hard and that left a very stubborn mark on my nice new floor! That made me see red!!!!! Adding fuel to fire, the set he changed for me is still rusty! I told him before he started installing it together and the response I got was "It's new wat, got rust I also cannot help. U not happy complain to the customer service lor. My job is to deliver this bed to u and I've done my job" He made me signed the delivery form which states "received in good condition" and I refused. Same response from him again and insisted I sign. So in the end I signed and added "not satisfactory with goods received. Rusty parts seen". called the guy's direct number and left a msg on the voice mail for him to call me back the next morning.

13/8 come afternoon, no call. I called back asking for a manager to speak with me. got transferred to another guy and told him my story. At least this time, this second guy sounded a little apologetic. I told him I hv taken pictures of the rust and emailed him. He said he will arrange his team to go warehouse to check on the stocks and make sure there is one which is good condition.

17/8 spoke with the second guy again. he told me they found one which is good and will send it to me for 1-1. I insisted that the 2 delivery guys who came my place previously are not to be allowed to deliver the item.

18/8 delivery done with satisfactory results. this team of delivery guys are definitely much better than the last 2!

so my saga end. sorry to put u guys through the long story....hehe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:o :o :o

WOOOAH!!!

Thanks for the info... :o

I always sign blindly before I check delivered goods!! :o

Now MUST check 1st

see if all ok den sign

:o

Kvn

glad my experience have some use. yeah, me too. sometimes I sign before check which is the case for this sofa bed cos I trust them. seems like trust misplaced.

wah the girl that asked you to complain to higher management, her attitude quite bad ah.. if i were you i think i would have asked for her name :curse:

but at least they managed to find a good one to replace for you

wah the girl that asked you to complain to higher management, her attitude quite bad ah.. if i were you i think i would have asked for her name :curse:

but at least they managed to find a good one to replace for you

suspect same thing for this bed cos they spray painted the frame. but since problem solved so I leave it cos I like the bed.

suspect same thing for this bed cos they spray painted the frame. but since problem solved so I leave it cos I like the bed.

Aiyo that was bad... tsk tsk... but glad that at least they exchanged another one for you in the end, hope this time won't rust ba :)

Aiyo that was bad... tsk tsk... but glad that at least they exchanged another one for you in the end, hope this time won't rust ba :)

:o :o :o

Inspecting a bed for Rust... :o

is the last thing I would have thought to do

Thank goodness everything worked out fine...

now I must remember to check my mattresses when they arrive... :unsure:

Sighz.... all these reno industry and furnishing industry really need some training. We nt asking for like SQ standards but at least give us better service. We spent our hard earned money but yet they give us all these S**T. :(

Sam jie, I can imagine ur volcanoing inside. :furious: Cos i would too.

Hello samgalz,

Congrats for moving in to your new home. :D

And also clearing the Kingkoil issue.. seems like customer services are pretty lacking here :(

They seemed pretty nice during the warehouse sale previously though..

Just wondering if you still have any nuggets of advices for us noobs out here;

like something that you find really worth spending on at your reno;

or something that you might not have done..?

(ps, thanks for aron's Aircon recommendation. Will KIV him:)

Whar samgalz ...really bad customer service... glad u resolve ur issue liao...

btw did u buy direct from kingcoil or from their authorise dealer? the bed frame is also from king coil ah? cos I also got similar issues with my old king coil bed the last time before my hse reno but I got the deal from their king coil authorised dealer ... and the dealer service sucks big time when it comes to replacement...

Kor69: Yeah, that would also be the last thing on my mind. but this sofa bed comes with the metal frame and rust drops every time someone sit or touches the sofa bed so it is so obvious even without checking.

gals_mama: precisely!! I dun need top-notch service. I jus need someone to solve my problem. It's not exactly a low cost item and quality is not there. real disappointing. I was so angry until that nite no appetite to eat wor... I showed the black face to the guys immediately...they would have been blind if the dunno. However, I do have to acknowledge that the sofa bed is still good if we overlook the rust. The mattress is nice and firm unlike some sofa bed where the mattress is sofa and uncomfortable. The sofa is easily been converted into a bed and vice versa. so all in all, I still love the bed and was glad prob was resolved and I still hv the bed.

dexufto: thanks. I was also surprised that given King Koil has a good name in the market, the after sales service was horrendous. but luckily the 2nd customer service guys and the 2nd team of delivery guys were great. They were more sincere in helping me solve the problem. Well, there tends to be black sheep everywhere. Jus my luck to me a few at one time.

hippob: I bought the sofa bed from Carrefour so u can say it's their distributor. I called King Koil direct when problem occur cos sure wuld be directed to them anyway if I call Carrefour. The sofa bed is a mattress with bed frame attached.

Edited by samgalz

was liasing with my contractor, Edmund wif rgds to the last payment, he suddenly ask whether can take photo pf my place to be put on his website....ask hubby and he say ok...

yeah, now my house is also "picture-worthy" liao! *blush blush*

am going to tidy my house swee swee..... :P

was liasing with my contractor, Edmund wif rgds to the last payment, he suddenly ask whether can take photo pf my place to be put on his website....ask hubby and he say ok...

lol congratz! next time potential clients go to his site can see photos of your nice house :D

wah... you're really Edmund's online spokeperson... :P

haha..samjie..ur turn to charge him 5cent per click on ur house picture..idea.. :notti: