Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi there :dancingqueen:

Anyone installed Joven heater and is now using?

I realise that mine takes a long time as I have to run the shower water in my MBR toilet for a few mins before the water turns hot. The water will still be hot as I shower. Then if my husband goes in after me, he has to run the water again cos it will turn cold!

Anyone knows why is it like tat? is the the heater or the piping??

Thanks!!

Hihi,

If you are talking about storage heater, it should not work this way.

Not too sure about instant heater though..But heard effect should

be immediate.

My current place storage heater once its "warmed up", the hot water

should come in a matter of few seconds and not few minutes... imagine

the wastage.. My in laws water storage heater is also similiar.

:sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Meowie,

How can we buy the Hettich components directly? Is it possible? I am thinking of putting in the hinges as well as the rail (with soft closing mechanism) for the drawers but not sure if they can come separately with the drawers. I know Blum and Ikea's come with the reinforced drawers itself.

Care to share contact if you have it? Much appreciated!

Liana's Blum kitchen is to drool over....sigh...

hi jacky,

I did hettich system for my doors n drawers. spent $1730 on

- 75 hinges

- 8 drawers

- 1 larder unit + 5 baskets

- 1 Corner unit half carousel fitting

- 1 sliding bifold for dish rack

guys, need your advice...

my contractor said :

1) need to cut main door and main gate because the tile level will clash (without kerb)

2) level of living room cannot be flushed with kitchen

any of you got such experiences to share?

thanks!!

happy

Hi Happy,

What kind of tiles are you using? If its also homogenous

like most of us, I dun think there's a need to cut the main door

and gate. Have not heard anyone doing that.

Fyi, my living room tiles is flushed with that of my kitchen.

I even did an extra "kerb" near the main door to prevent dust

from coming into my unit. (or wealth to escape) :dancingqueen: but theres

no need to cut the door or gate.

I think it lies down to the skills of the tiler...

some dilema. Correct me if I am wrong.

Shower heaters:

1) Instant Heater

(run on electricity, instant hot water, electricity bill cost more)

2) Storage heater

(can allow kitchen mixer to have hot water,

bulky, 5-10 min lag then have hot water, bill unknown)

3) Gas heater

(run on gas, is it instant hot water upon turn on? heard that it cost lesser on bill as it run on gas)

I am giving up storage heater.

Main reason is my main id and asst id has a miscommunication.

Main id bought kitchen mixer, while asst id lay piping for instant heater.

sigh.

so now I have to choose between instant heater and gas heater?

just called citygas, there have no promotion currently

but will be releasing a gas heater at a subsidized rate

(heard that it is a higher end model than the feb free gas heater)

Installation for the piping for gas heater is free,

but $100 for the piping to the cooking point.

those who are using citygas free heater,

did you all encounter any problem?

Thanks

-----

those who are asking ur ID to correct the uneven homogenous tiles, please let me know how they do it.

cos my replaced ones (previous hollow) are now also uneven.

a little bit, i don't care, but my unevenness for the replaced ones quite jialat. Pls give some advice.

Hihi,

be immediate.

Hi Yeoman,

Mine is storage heater... I also feel that it should not work this way as

my in-law's place is also storage heater and it's retains the heat well.

Who do u think i should "complain" to regarding this matter? Joven

or my contractor?

Thanks thanks!! :dancingqueen:

Hi Toppie,

I think we have a few neighbours also install PD door. If you want to view mine, I'm always at my unit during evening time. Just pm me or sms me before you drop by.

Babymaro2003 :P

Thanks for your offer, babymaro2003. Can you PM me your contact number and unit number? I should be quite free after this wed. Only starting my new job in May so have more than enough time to get on the nerve of my ID :P

Hihi,

be immediate.

:yamseng:

hmmm.... Yeoman, i think u are not wrong. But, the others who commented abt waiting for a few min for hot water is also not wrong. The problem is with the piping distance. If your pipe is short, hot water comes in faster. When u just on the heater, there is a long distance between the storage heater n the end tap point. The water inside the pipes are cold. It takes a while for the hot water from the storage heater to flow to the end point. :P

Hi groovygenie,

For the hettich system, i buy direct from the salesman. U may call Gary at 93367137.

:P , BUT.... he always dun pick up phone call de la.. so u need to be patient. He is quite helpful though...

For my drawers, I just got their threads.. not the whole drawers.. hence, cheaper :notti:

But of coz, not as nice :( it is a difference of 200+.. i think i can make do without the whole drawers. :P

those who are asking ur ID to correct the uneven homogenous tiles, please let me know how they do it.

cos my replaced ones (previous hollow) are now also uneven.

a little bit, i don't care, but my unevenness for the replaced ones quite jialat. Pls give some advice.

tension,

i think ur ID really GNS!! :furious:

but it is true that replacing tiles will make it higher possibilty to be uneven. but then again, i dunno... just hard to accept such things lor.. i think it is time for u to lose ur temper and show them who is boss!! :deal::deal:

Edited by meowie49

hmmm.... Yeoman, i think u are not wrong. But, the others who commented abt waiting for a few min for hot water is also not wrong. The problem is with the piping distance. If your pipe is short, hot water comes in faster. When u just on the heater, there is a long distance between the storage heater n the end tap point. The water inside the pipes are cold. It takes a while for the hot water from the storage heater to flow to the end point. :P

Hi groovygenie,

For the hettich system, i buy direct from the salesman. U may call Gary at 93367137.

:P , BUT.... he always dun pick up phone call de la.. so u need to be patient. He is quite helpful though...

For my drawers, I just got their threads.. not the whole drawers.. hence, cheaper :yamseng:

But of coz, not as nice :P it is a difference of 200+.. i think i can make do without the whole drawers. :deal:

tension,

i think ur ID really GNS!! :furious:

but it is true that replacing tiles will make it higher possibilty to be uneven. but then again, i dunno... just hard to accept such things lor.. i think it is time for u to lose ur temper and show them who is boss!! :notti::deal:

My hubby just called the ID. He said no one measure uneven tiles with the "retangular thing with water in it". Even said if the tiles are not level, it should pop up in few days time. Doesnt seem receptive to do it though he said will come down and have a look tmr. The sharp ends we feel with our feet which results in the gap to have black marking to him is normal. Said the black marks should be removed after the final washing. My hubby is clueless which are the uneven tiles also.

Any forumers can help? Meowie49, will you be at your house tmr around lunch time?

Edited by toppie

My hubby just called the ID. He said no one measure uneven tiles with the "retangular thing with water in it". Even said if the tiles are not level, it should pop up in few days time. Doesnt seem receptive to do it though he said will come down and have a look tmr. The sharp ends we feel with our feet which results in the gap to have black marking to him is normal. Said the black marks should be removed after the final washing. My hubby is clueless which are the uneven tiles also.

Any forumers can help? Meowie49, will you be at your house tmr around lunch time?

hmmm... toppie, ppl dun usually check with that thing.. he is correct... but my hubby point is... when u see with that thing, it is obvious that the 2 tiles are very uneven... coz ur tiles are too obvious le.. walk also can feel difference.. hence, just took that thing to check. :P

i will be at my home later evening and tomorrow evening :P

if u wanna drop by, just give me a ring.. u have my contact right?

Edited by meowie49

my idea of uneven tiles is when u step across 2 tiles, u feel the cut leg feeling.

what is urs?

btw meowie, I will in for this Thurs.

For mine, can also feel. But to ID, he finds it norm cos homogenous tiles sure have unevenness. Thought if tensionz/ meowie49 around tmr, can help to zoom some sense into my ID cos I cant be there. When comes to argument, need woman to be around.

Thanks for your offer, babymaro2003. Can you PM me your contact number and unit number? I should be quite free after this wed. Only starting my new job in May so have more than enough time to get on the nerve of my ID :dancingqueen:

Hi toppie,

I will pm you my contact no, check your inbox.

Babymaro2003 :yamseng:

hehe nono... :P

enough le... get more my hubby will :dancingqueen: le... :D

Hi meowie,

I brought the jewel box already. Mine $25-00. Got a bit of discount from christine. Diff design from yours. Heard from christine you need it for your customary wedding?

Babymaro2003 :yamseng:

For mine, can also feel. But to ID, he finds it norm cos homogenous tiles sure have unevenness. Thought if tensionz/ meowie49 around tmr, can help to zoom some sense into my ID cos I cant be there. When comes to argument, need woman to be around.

seriously, i think it is excuses. It is a matter of workmanship.

My logic is if someone else houses' homogenous tiles is not uneven, why should mine be?

if u try looking at ur house, there are areas they can do w/o the uneveness, right?

ask him this.

Ask him for his professional advice, afterall, he can tell u more.

let him do something about it, rather than shrug this away.

btw, is this ur 1st homo tile, or is that a replaced tile?

Edited by tension_z