Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

sorry to off topic...

Anyone know where to find food delivery to home... where we pay a monthly fee and they will deliver the cooked food to ur house...

last time when i stay at Bukit Panjang i used to have those pamplets at my doorstep providing such services....

currently at TPY never see this kind of pamplets le lae..... its very convenient here but i would prefer somthing like home cook food... which got like 2 meat 1 veg and a soup with rice.... which i seriously dun have time to cook....

Tks !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey neighbours,

- i notice there r sum ppl sleeping on e metal benches over e nite.

- the same ppl wil occupy e same bench every nite. Esp e 1 behind e lift lobby at blk E.

- to mi, they dun look local.

- any1 notive dat?

- any Residents On Patrol here?

:unsure:

Hey Jacky,

Dun look local?? Must be one of those so called "Foreign Talents". Mai tuz liao..... Call Police the next time you see them....Tell them if they don't do something, we will complaint.

We should not let these "FT" foreigners treat our world class neighbourhood like their 3rd world country.

Edited by Pooh_75

sorry to off topic...

Anyone know where to find food delivery to home... where we pay a monthly fee and they will deliver the cooked food to ur house...

last time when i stay at Bukit Panjang i used to have those pamplets at my doorstep providing such services....

currently at TPY never see this kind of pamplets le lae..... its very convenient here but i would prefer somthing like home cook food... which got like 2 meat 1 veg and a soup with rice.... which i seriously dun have time to cook....

Tks !

Hehe.. maybe can ask some good neighbour to cook and you can pay them for home cook food. We tried doing some cooking, but ended up washing tons of plates, bowls and utensils.... eat outside would be cheaper but not so healthy ah.

I know Meowie cooks. Oops.... :P

Hey Jacky,

Dun look local?? Must be one of those so called "Foreign Talents". Mai tuz liao..... Call Police the next time you see them....Tell them if they don't do something, we will complaint.

We should not let these "FT" foreigners treat our world class neighbourhood like their 3rd world country.

I have seen him too.... without fail will always be there... anyway i feel that the benches placed there is the stupidest idea anyone can come up with... is it for ppl to sit and wait for the lift or for ppl to study or wat is it for? does not seem to be for a reason except for them to sleep for the night in a nice cosy hidden corner of the block.

Erm.... when you say world class neighbourhood, i hope you not saying its Sink-a-poor ah.... its really a disgrace telling ppl we are a world class country when our service sector are worst then some 3rd world country... Recently went for some shopping and it seems that the foreign talents have a better and friendlier service then locals in many areas. One of the worst was at Changi Airport.... when they stare at you like u gonna steal something and start to run, did not even bother to service you if they know u are local. WTF???

When i was in Taiwan, wow.... even the road side shops staff have better service and will even greet you regardless if you wanna purchase any thing from them.... Their service is really very good. Wonder when will locals start to wake up their idea... no wonder jobs are being given to our neighbouring citizens.

Well thats all for the complaint... Hehehe... :D

Hehe.. maybe can ask some good neighbour to cook and you can pay them for home cook food. We tried doing some cooking, but ended up washing tons of plates, bowls and utensils.... eat outside would be cheaper but not so healthy ah.

I know Meowie cooks. Oops.... :P

I have seen him too.... without fail will always be there... anyway i feel that the benches placed there is the stupidest idea anyone can come up with... is it for ppl to sit and wait for the lift or for ppl to study or wat is it for? does not seem to be for a reason except for them to sleep for the night in a nice cosy hidden corner of the block.

Erm.... when you say world class neighbourhood, i hope you not saying its Sink-a-poor ah.... its really a disgrace telling ppl we are a world class country when our service sector are worst then some 3rd world country... Recently went for some shopping and it seems that the foreign talents have a better and friendlier service then locals in many areas. One of the worst was at Changi Airport.... when they stare at you like u gonna steal something and start to run, did not even bother to service you if they know u are local. WTF???

When i was in Taiwan, wow.... even the road side shops staff have better service and will even greet you regardless if you wanna purchase any thing from them.... Their service is really very good. Wonder when will locals start to wake up their idea... no wonder jobs are being given to our neighbouring citizens.

Well thats all for the complaint... Hehehe... :D

- if only 2 person eat, then i think eat out wld save alot of extra hse chores.

- sum ppl like 2 try different types of dishes at different area, not eating e same dish frm e same stall every day. :idea:

- e benches? Well, i think its meant 4 non-residents. :P

- talk abt our Service Industry? Well, i olso agree wif u. Sillipore's got much more 2 improve, not jus by 'faking a smile'...

- wen i was working in e middle-eastern country, i find dat e standard of their Service Industry (Retail & F&B) is much higher.

- e service staffs' mindset & attitude r different. :good:

:jammin:

Edited by jaCKY777

Anyone had their shoes stolen?

3 pairs of my shoes were stolen in the past 2 months. The latest incident happened this morning when i left my working shoes outside for just 10mins. When I opened the door again to leave for work, they were gone!

Was so pissed that i went to make a police report. Asked the uncle which cleans our block daily whether he has seen anyone with extra pair of shoes but he said he didnt.

3 pairs of my shoes were stolen in the past 2 months. The latest incident happened this morning when i left my working shoes outside for just 10mins. When I opened the door again to leave for work, they were gone!

Was so pissed that i went to make a police report. Asked the uncle which cleans our block daily whether he has seen anyone with extra pair of shoes but he said he didnt.

Hi all

Have not visited this site for a very long time. How's everyone ? Seems like alot of u are still very angry with the govt. I used to be at this stage, but with kids, I have mellowed down.

Anyway regarding the stolen shoes incident, it has happened to me so often that I have given up putting our shoes outside. I know some are pranks becos sometimes one side is missing. Other times, whole pair missing. And I thot it's bcos I live at the top floor I got many more "visitors". Seems like its very common for all neighbours.

On a happier note, taking the next block of 40 storey as a gauge, our property prices is now worth more than 1/2 a million for a 4 room flat.

Blk 145 Lor 2 Toa Payoh (31 to 35 floor) 91.00sq m Year 2006 $553,000.00 Transacted Jun 2009

P/s: Congrats to Pooh_75 on birth of 1st child (shld be born already rite ?)

yup..one old pair of my army brooks shoes were GONE..but nvm, they also willing to kapok old condition shoes... :D

hee hee... sometime lazy to type so much.. lately have been reading a lot.. on furniture and reno ppl...

whose yr contractor? can pm me his info? I have someone in mind le.. but maybe have yr for reference also..

ya I read abt the guys across the road also.. so didnt really dare to take them lo.. just to seek some views here.. anyone got any more comments on them? like to hear a bit.. if it's really bad.. dun mind PM me? Thanks..

anyway thanks A STAR... we are in the same block : P

r u link to A*STAR in any way? haha

Hi CCS79,

Sorry, was superbusy last few months and did not visit the forum. I believe u hv probably made up yr mind on the reno by now. Anyhow I've PM u

Do let me know if I can be of any help in other ways. Did not realise that we are in the same block :)

No related to A*STAR in any way, wasn't aware that there was another user with the this ID...

yup..one old pair of my army brooks shoes were GONE..but nvm, they also willing to kapok old condition shoes... :D

Yalor my kapok army brooks shoes were the first to be stolen..aiyo i think the guy only stole shoes and not slippers and also not women's shoes. I thought it usually happened at night but didnt expect it to be stolen so early in the morning.

I thought it might be the cleaner as he would be cleaning the corridors around that time. But cant say much cos no evidence. Either that, it has to be some neighbours' kids. Dont think it's someone not staying in our blocks.

Hi all

Have not visited this site for a very long time. How's everyone ? Seems like alot of u are still very angry with the govt. I used to be at this stage, but with kids, I have mellowed down.

Anyway regarding the stolen shoes incident, it has happened to me so often that I have given up putting our shoes outside. I know some are pranks becos sometimes one side is missing. Other times, whole pair missing. And I thot it's bcos I live at the top floor I got many more "visitors". Seems like its very common for all neighbours.

On a happier note, taking the next block of 40 storey as a gauge, our property prices is now worth more than 1/2 a million for a 4 room flat.

Blk 145 Lor 2 Toa Payoh (31 to 35 floor) 91.00sq m Year 2006 $553,000.00 Transacted Jun 2009

P/s: Congrats to Pooh_75 on birth of 1st child (shld be born already rite ?)

Well we should use the Peak's prices as a gauge in the future. That will provide a minimum base for our blocks.

A PROPOSED change to income tax laws will make clearer to property sellers when they will be taxed on their profits.

Anyone who sells only one property in any four-year period will not be taxed on his profit, according to a proposed amendment to the Income Tax Act.

But if he sells another property within four years of the first sale, the profit from the second sale may be taxable.

If the proposal becomes law, it will provide certainty for owners who now cannot be sure if the taxman will come calling after they sell.

Under existing rules, an individual does not pay tax on gains made from selling a property unless the taxman decides that he is trader - someone who buys and sells multiple properties within a short time span. And there is no way for the seller to know in advance if he might be deemed a trader.

The new way of taxing property profits is one of many changes listed in a draft Income Tax (Amendment) Bill 2009 put up for public feedback last month by the Finance Ministry.

If implemented, the change will take effect from January.

A ministry spokesman told The Straits Times yesterday that the proposed change aims to provide certainty of non-taxation to individuals who own property.

Once it takes effect, the individual who sells a property for a profit can be sure that his gains will not be taxed - provided he had not sold any other property in the previous four years.

If he sold other properties within that period, the spokesman said, the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) will decide whether he should be taxed, 'based on the facts and circumstances, no different from the present tax treatment'.

Although Singapore does not have a capital gains tax, profits from selling property can be taxed at the appropriate individual income tax rates if Iras deems the seller to be a trader.

Tax and property market experts contacted by The Straits Times welcomed the move to clear the air over taxes on property sales.

Mr Tan Tiong Cheng, chairman of property consultant Knight Frank, said: 'Since the Government has clarified that the treatment on capital gains would remain the same, it will be business as usual. Genuine investors will not be deterred from buying properties.'

A stockbroking director said that the Government's assurance will calm any jitters investors might have experienced when they first learnt of the proposed tax change.

'There were initial misgivings that this provision might be a roundabout way to introduce a capital gains tax on properties. The misconception has been cleared,' he noted.

But others felt that by raising the issue of taxing property sales gains, the Government is also sending a signal to speculators that they can expect to be taxed if they buy properties to 'flip' for quick money.

During the property boom of 2007, some speculators could have bought and sold as many as half a dozen properties in the space of a year.

With the change, a property owner juggling several properties cannot sell more than one within a four-year period if he wants to be sure of avoiding a tax bill on his gains.

Since February, sales of new private homes have exceeded 1,000 units a month compared to a monthly average of 330 units last year. Worries are surfacing that speculators might be ramping up sales and driving up prices, as the economy recovers.

Businessman James Chen, 40, said the proposed change may make the short-term investor think harder before buying.

'He will have to consider whether he wants to take such a risk and give up a part of the gains as taxes.'

The draft Bill can be read at the Finance Ministry website www.mof.gov.sg and the public has up to next Tuesday to give feedback.

The Bill is expected to go before Parliament later in the year.

Yalor my kapok army brooks shoes were the first to be stolen..aiyo i think the guy only stole shoes and not slippers and also not women's shoes. I thought it usually happened at night but didnt expect it to be stolen so early in the morning.

I thought it might be the cleaner as he would be cleaning the corridors around that time. But cant say much cos no evidence. Either that, it has to be some neighbours' kids. Dont think it's someone not staying in our blocks.

I saw an ah pek 2 days back in the afternoon shouldering a big red plastic bag full of shoes going his round floor by floor if i'm not wrong. As he saw me he quickly walk down to the next level. Jokingly told my hubby that he must be stealing shoes.. after reading yr post, I'm sure he is the one. Think he is in his 50s. but i can't remember is look.

Anyone tried Johan Dental Surgery at Blk 79? i'm very afraid of visiting dentist.. Any feedback?

Hi ,

I tried Johan Dental Surgery at Blk 79 last yr Nov.

Find the dentist not bad and quite gentle.

Just receive a reminder from them for my regular check-up

- e dentistry used 2b located beside lor 5 market.

- met e dentist outside e clinic then found out. Was surprised he stil remembers mi. ;)

- used 2 go there few yrs bak.

- so far, mi no complain.

:D

Hey Jacky,

:D

- yah. w/o fail. Think dats his 'free motel'.

- his toilet is jus beside = washing bay w tap (w/o tap-head).

- ever saw him go 2 his 'personal toilet' in e middle of e nite.

:bath:

Hi all

- e highest transacted price was $580k, lowest was $412k. Depends on size of flat & balance tenure of flat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- dis few days, e mscp is undergoing washing.

- motorists do take note.

- ur vehicles may b washed 'clean' or 'dirty'. Depends on how u lok at it.

!!

- saw 1 of e neighbors in 79E (4got 27th or 28th sty), had their own Table-Tennis table.

- they wld set up e table in e lift lobby & play their game. Mayb i shal join them 1 of this days.

:sport-smiley-003:

- lately, encounter quite a few 'beggars' in TPY, frm e very young 2 e very old.

- 2 giv or not 2 giv, up 2 individual.

- times r bad...

:help:

- any1 hangs e National Flag oleady?

- wher can i get it?

- TPY CC?

- my previous 1 was free, given by RC.

- dunoe our RC Zone 2 does gif out free 2 residents of 79 anot?

:unsure:

:rolleyes:

Hi All

It has been quite some time since i follow up with tis forum...

Tat day i was going out for lunch when i saw 2 teenages (who obviously dont look like resident) loitering outside my lift area.. (I live near the garden area)

they were playing some 'catching' and when they saw me, they acted like normal... after i came back from lunch, one of my slipper were missing.

the other day i left my heels outside and when i came back it was missing again!!! :curse:

I believe it might be due to those teenagers who loiter at the garden got nothing to play den start to steal our shoes.... the other time my husband slippers was missing as well.... soooo angry!!!

my aunt (staying at Blk D) and I would like to write a petition to the town council to install a card access eletronic gate to our garden so that only residents can access to the garden as well as enjoy the garden in peace.... and i believe this will also help to keep our garden clean and nice (i have seen paint spray on the walls / tables)

there are a lot of unwanted activities at the garden such as playing catching and screaming on top of their voice at 3am... couples showing public display of affection.... group of teenagers showing their 'musical talent' in the middle of the night..... and many many more...... once my auntie saw 3 young girls sniffing glue at the garden....

i really think the best way to prevent all these are to install these gates so that we can minimise non residents 'loitering' ard and also for safer environment for us and our children.....

I would like to see the responses and if responses are good I will arrange a day for everyone (who agree to this) to sign on the petition... For those who agree please reply to this with your nick:

1) shercjw

2)

Thanks!!

Edited by shercjw

my aunt (staying at Blk D) and I would like to write a petition to the town council to install a card access eletronic gate to our garden

I would like to see the responses and if responses are good I will arrange a day for everyone (who agree to this) to sign on the petition... For those who agree please reply to this with your nick:

1) shercjw

2)

Thanks!!

Hihi I'm new to this forum and I just got the unit last year..I also face the same problem for non resident loitering outside my unit (though I'm not staying in the same level as the garden). I strongly agree that we should have some card system in place to prevent non resident creating problem here not only to the garden but also to our lift landing..Just like "The Peak" Shercjw please include my nick. Thank you.