Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coldflamez

Finally! Our Cosy Sty...

Hi everyone, I have gained plenty of ideas and advice from this forum over the last few months. Didn't start a t-blog initially as i was super busy with work and the reno process... Now that things have settled down, i think it is about time to share with everyone my reno journey over the last few months!

We got our keys to our 4 room resale in Dec 2009. Even before getting the keys, we started searching and meeting up with IDs and contractors already but it took us until Jan 2010 before we finally confirmed our contractor whose price was reasonably good and whom we felt confident in. Without much ado, here is the floorplan of our cosy sty!

Layout.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi everyone, I have gained plenty of ideas and advice from this forum over the last few months. Didn't start a t-blog initially as i was super busy with work and the reno process... Now that things have settled down, i think it is about time to share with everyone my reno journey over the last few months!

We got our keys to our 4 room resale in Dec 2009. Even before getting the keys, we started searching and meeting up with IDs and contractors already but it took us until Jan 2010 before we finally confirmed our contractor whose price was reasonably good and whom we felt confident in. Without much ado, here is the floorplan of our cosy sty!

Layout.jpg

Hi coldflamez,

welcome! you have finally started your t-blog :). Reno already done :yamseng: ? Then must post more pics. It seems that you have a good ID, so you should share your reno experience with everyone.

Can you please refer me your contractor ?

Thanks

Layout.jpg

Hi coldflamez,

welcome! you have finally started your t-blog :). Reno already done :yamseng: ? Then must post more pics. It seems that you have a good ID, so you should share your reno experience with everyone.

Wow, you are fast! Was editing my signature and you replied already... lol..

Yup, will post more picture. But pls pardon me if i'm slow, cos i wish to upload my pics in sequence instead of jumping straight to the finished pic. :)

I engaged a contractor, not a ID. Wanted to wait and see how's the experience first before recommending. Now that almost everything is done, feel more assured that i'll be recommending a good contractor.

Edited by coldflamez

Here is the revised layout. Will be hacking between 2 bedrooms to create a big bedroom and also will be creating a opening to the bathroom. As this is an old flat, there is only 1 separate bathroom and 1 separate toilet... But it's fine for me as i grew up in a similar layout.

RevisedLayout.jpg

Edited by coldflamez

Hi Coldflamez

Finally your own T-blog. Can't wait to see all your pictures! :D

Can you let me know who did your place too? Am currently in sourcing mode already so the more the merrier to compare :P so please PM me can?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Coldflamez

Finally your own T-blog. Can't wait to see all your pictures! :D

Can you let me know who did your place too? Am currently in sourcing mode already so the more the merrier to compare :P so please PM me can?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, pm sent. :)

Ya, i also checked with many contractors and IDs before i finally settled on mine. It is tiring, but it will really help you to have a clearer picture of what you want..

For me, the tough part was rejecting those who gave very good service but whom i have to reject cos they were more expensive...

Edited by coldflamez

Ok, pm sent. :)

Ya, i also checked with many contractors and IDs before i finally settled on mine. It is tiring, but it will really help you to have a clearer picture of what you want..

For me, the tough part was rejecting those who gave very good service but whom i have to reject cos they were more expensive...

Yeah, know what you mean. I am starting to get quotes in and some of them sound so pro over the phone and basically leaving me good first impression. The headache will come when we shortlist and start discussion with them to have revised quote and the final deicison on The One.

At least you finished that part and will be looking forward to enjoying your new house. My headache just started.... :bangwall:

This is the antique window grills in the living room and another room. For some reason, HDB did not replace them when they did the upgrading 10 years ago... The flooring is vinyl tiles which could actually be peeled off! Save on hacking cost, haha...

grillsandtiles.jpg

The bathroom and toilet are separate from each other...

As you can see, they are quite small... Condition not too bad as they were also upgraded by HDB.

bathroom.jpg

Edited by coldflamez