Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coldflamez

Finally! Our Cosy Sty...

Hi.. congrats on ur new home.. i jus got key yesterday.. look like u spend vy resonable price ? may i noe ur flar is how many sqm ? may i have ur contact of ur contractor ? really appreciate ur reply.. i have one quote fr one design Id is 30k :( . my flat is 4 rm flat.. budget vy tight lei..

sure, pm sent!

If you want to keep the budget down, you will really have to prioritize what are the impt areas that you really need to renovate. For us, we decided not to have wall tiles for the kitchen as we don't expect to do heavy cooking... We also kept the bathroom and toilet wall tiles as the condition wasn't too bad and they fit in with the theme that we have in mind.

If you just do the basic without much carpentry, it's definitely very possible to go below 20k. Stay tuned to see how we construct our very own tv console. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
sure, pm sent!

If you want to keep the budget down, you will really have to prioritize what are the impt areas that you really need to renovate. For us, we decided not to have wall tiles for the kitchen as we don't expect to do heavy cooking... We also kept the bathroom and toilet wall tiles as the condition wasn't too bad and they fit in with the theme that we have in mind.

If you just do the basic without much carpentry, it's definitely very possible to go below 20k. Stay tuned to see how we construct our very own tv console. :P

sure ... sure.. will be looking forward to see ur new pic, i do heavy cooking.. look like need to spend more lei.

wow how you construct your own tv console? looking forward to your update! ;)

Carrying on with the reno process... Too bad we had to work throughout the reno progress and therefore could only view the finished product after work... The kitchen tiles were finished in 1 day also.

Photo959.jpg

However there were a bit of miscomm for the kitchen tiles and they were not layed in the manner that we wanted. We initially wanted the rectangular tiles to be layed in a staggered manner along the length of the kitchen, so i was a bit unhappy when i saw that the tiles were layed in a grid pattern horizontally... Had a discussion with Alan and he said that the tiler did it this way in order to allow water to flow towards the drainage hole. The way we wanted would not allow them to create a slight slope for the way to flow. He thought he had informed us already but that was not the case. So this was the only part of the reno where i was not very satisfied with but we decided to accept it as the current pattern didn't look that bad... Have to give and take a bit, i guess.

For the living room tiles, it took 2 days to finish. Nothing to fault for this... We thought we chose white glossy homogeneous tiles but it turned out that it was actually more towards cream colour, probably because the showroom's lightings were super bright. But the outcome was still not bad.

livingtiles.jpg

Edited by coldflamez

Cement screening of kitchen wall + Construction of low wall

Photo969.jpg

Cement screening of bedroom floor so that laminate flooring can be installed nicely. The part that is tiled will be partitioned off to become a mini vanity area! Like the wood-like long tiles a lot!!

Photo973.jpg

And lastly, the finished bathroom/toilet floor with another wood-like tiles that we chose! Love how it turned out. :D

Swee right?

Photo975.jpg

Edited by coldflamez

Photo969.jpg

Cement screening of bedroom floor so that laminate flooring can be installed nicely. The part that is tiled will be partitioned off to become a mini vanity area! Like the wood-like long tiles a lot!!

Photo973.jpg

And lastly, the finished bathroom/toilet floor with another wood-like tiles that we chose! Love how it turned out. :D

Swee right?

Photo975.jpg

I like your wood-like tiles! :good:

Can you please PM me your contractor contact? Me kiasu hehe. I will need his service for my BTO house 2 years later.

Photo969.jpg

Photo973.jpg

Swee right?

Photo975.jpg

NICE!!! :good:

I like your wood-like tiles! :good:

Can you please PM me your contractor contact? Me kiasu hehe. I will need his service for my BTO house 2 years later.

Ok, give me a moment. Haha, you really quite kiasu leh!

Where is your BTO? Punggol?

In the original schedule that Alan gave me, the painting was supposed to be done after CNY.. So we were surprised again when progress was so fast that they started painting 4 days before CNY and also managed to install the kitchen cabinet!

Ta Da! Here's our orange and white kitchen!

One side of the wall painted orange

Photo1018.jpg

Installation of cabinet starts immediately after painting of kitchen was done

Photo1022.jpg

Almost finished kitchen! :sport-smiley-004:

Photo1030.jpg

Pull-out extra workspace

Photo1040.jpg

Pull-out cabinet

Photo1044.jpg

Overall, very happy with the outcome of the kitchen. So glad that the many hours spent thinking over the design and colour did not come to waste. :)

Edited by coldflamez

Ok, give me a moment. Haha, you really quite kiasu leh!

Where is your BTO? Punggol?

Cos I value project management skill a lot! ;). I already have to do lots of nagging in my job everyday. I seriously don't want to do any more nagging lor.

My BTO is in woodlands area.

Thanks for the PM.

Edited by forgotten

coldflamez, woooo nice wood-like floor tiles! did you see any darker ones at SBH? i was looking for this kind of tiles too~ :)

i also want orange and white kitchen... but my hubby says he wants lime green and silver one... still thinking about it hahaha

Google SketchUp is very fun... can be quite addictive actually hahaha... i'm still trying to draw mine... hope can post them one day when i have my own t-blog hee hee...

just wondering, do you complete the entire design liao, then pass to your contractor? or the design still keeps changing along the way?