Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lonelycatz

If Seller Did Not Vacate Flat Before Night Of 2nd Appt

Two options:

1. If in the 2nd appt date, the seller and you(buyer) sign the agreement, technically the seller is an illegal occupant. You either collect rent from him or call police.

2. If there's no agreement in the 2nd appt, both sides could postpone the 2nd apptment and since it's seller fault, you can collect late completion interest fee from seller. Your agent or HDB officer should know about this.

HOWEVER, in option 2, your seller still could refuse to sell the house in the end to you and cancel the whole thing. And you could sue him but you have to do it in your own capacity.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Tomorrow is my 2nd appt date,we just received a call from Agent saying that my owner did not vacate the hse due to their purchase for another flat got problem....Can anyone advice what can we do?

Personally, I would just postpone the 2nd appt. Cos I wouldn't want to let the owner get their sale proceeds for the house & start paying my monthly loan instalments when I haven't got my keys yet.

Edited by forgotten

Went to spoke to the seller face to face last night.Seller promise to vacate the place by Sat.Has made him sign a letter on that.Hopefully he manage to keep his promise.

Went to spoke to the seller face to face last night.Seller promise to vacate the place by Sat.Has made him sign a letter on that.Hopefully he manage to keep his promise.

Hi, wish you luck and can you update me on the latest ongoing between you and the seller? thanks

I already agree with them to vacate the house at end of July, now I am afraid that they will refuse to move after end of july, what should i do??

Since there is already an agreement to let them stay till end of July, you can only start dealing with the problem if they don't move out after that. Hence, there is no need for you to worry about it unnecessarily as you have committed your word.

Good luck.

Sometimes, the sellers have difficulty in getting to a new place. I feel that there is no need to evict the seller immediately after the second appt if you still have a place to stay. However, set a timeline that you are comfortable for the seller to move eg. 2 weeks later, etc.

When I ask to negotiate on the purchase price of the house, the seller refused to reduce even by a dollar. At that time, I paid above market value for the property. When I made full payment for my house to the seller, she ask to stay for another 3 months. When I ask for rental, she immediately say that she will move. All kinds of people make up this world. Live and let live.

Cheers!

Edited by leechaorui

i believe HDB will allow you to rent out the flat under certain circumstances. just have to appeal to them, but they will postpone your MOP date eg. instead of starting on 2nd appt date, your MOP might start from the date the seller move out, since u are collecting rental from the flat during the period.

Just an update,the seller manage to keep his promise and has moved out on 8-May-10.Lucky all the things went smoothly.

HSL, can sleep in peace..zzzzzzz

Edited by bepgof