Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

oh my god... i get the feeling u n my hubby can be good frens... prob can tok abt matrix n transformers n stuff like these endlessly... :rolleyes:

matrix is anytime,

transformers of recent times... is just about megan fox. hahaha

do restraint me if i am ever being invited to yr place to chit chat with yr hubby though.

i may do the unthinkable and steal those precious. haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
However, lucky lucky on Feb 6

- wife at work on Sat and agent called for viewing for Blk 184, level 4 only

- was my company’s dnd that day, and almost declined to view. Still, I dragged myself thinking is another lost case with cov anyhow $35k.

- then saw unit, saw goreng pisang and was offered to help myself somemore, then saw COV gum wor, saw all conditions meet except low floor only hor

- future mrt only downstairs somemore!!!

- MAI TU LIAO, took out cheque book and write quickly like impatient tow kay

- agent friend like tow kay's pai kai immediately asked seller agent stopped all viewing

- wife piang down taxi after work to make sure she no regrets

- heng I know my wife well and she arm chiog arm chiog after seeing the unit

Scarly Scarly, even more lucky lucky some time after

- we got ganna 4D for unit no!!!! wahahahah

so cfm cfm house is lucky lucky, make us happy happy

.... and they live happily ever after

hehe, ur story very cute... and so lucky!!!!! win 4D. the house alr bringing u luck! hehe. congrats wor!

matrix is anytime,

no more megan fox liaoooo... i prefer the funny agent simmons.

matrix is anytime,

do restraint me if i am ever being invited to yr place to chit chat with yr hubby though.

i may do the unthinkable and steal those precious. haha

wah, lucky mu hubby's interest in star wars is jus limited to the movies itself, not the toys.

But he is requesting display cabinets for his gundam "babies" :bangwall:

men..................

wah, lucky mu hubby's interest in star wars is jus limited to the movies itself, not the toys.

But he is requesting display cabinets for his gundam "babies" :bangwall:

men..................

haha.. ya agree, men.... :rolleyes:

Very nice turn of events, glad that you found your Zion :)

err its 3 movies lah, not 2 :P

yea, found my zion. thankfully is not near earth's core. ha

3 movies? I spotted 2 lei

master yoda

morpheus

hehe, ur story very cute... and so lucky!!!!! win 4D. the house alr bringing u luck! hehe. congrats wor!

Thank you!

yes yes, it was really a pleasant surprise for us! so yeap, can't wait to get to know the house better!

yea, found my zion. thankfully is not near earth's core. ha

3 movies? I spotted 2 lei

master yoda

morpheus

star trek "beam me up scotty" ;)

After long deliberation,

countless of self questioning and

hours of talking to salesman and sales woman...

With abated breadth, the painstakingly shortlisted of appliances to buy has finally emerged!

Fridge - Samsung RS21HNEPN (551L)

Hob - Rinnai RB-3CG / 2CG hob

Hood - Fujioh NL 900

Oven & Microwave - Brandt FC842XS1 & ME630XE1

Washer / Dryer - Samsung WD8804CJZ

Air con - Panasonic Eco Patrol Sensor model (yet to decide on config)

Many, like me who probably never read into products specifications and performances of household appliances before are suddenly faced with the most daunting task to shortlist their appliances for their new home. So I hope as I showcase my list of appliances to buy and why, it helps to ease some research hours for everyone.

how I decide to buy follows strictly the de rigueur commandment which has served me well till date

To BUY

= (≤ understanding of technical performance + 1 enlightening one liners) x chemistry∞

= (little or understand enough of technical performance + one enlightening logical liner) x 一见钟情

So here goes...

Fridge - Samsung RS21HNEPN (551L)

Wife had strict instructions on getting a side-by-side, grey or stainless steel fridge.

my wants are

i) that it doesn’t come with the dispenser feature in the front cause I heard on 2 occasions, tat the dispenser kaput easily

ii) min 3 ticks

ii) and just stainless steel wannabe only cause stainless steel is freaking ex!

Believe it or not, I walked in to the fridge section and this model popped up right front of me when I was first at mega. 一见钟情. Done.

Hob - Rinnai 2CG

I was debating to go with induction or a burner. But after coming to know tat gas tariff is cheaper than electricity in Singapore and that induction’s power requirement for hdb seems grey, burner is the way to go.

Brandt comes with one that really caught my eyes – all cast-iron. But, but then, it seems almost impossible to give tat a miss - tat inner coherent unified blue flame, tat word vortex seems all so cool and tat approving reviews dated as back as 07 and ppl are still using and raving about it now! It must have definitely earned its right. Plus the aluminium strip goes very well with my kitchen design I have in mind.

Of course there’s the one from Fujioh too and will be nice to go with a fujioh hob and hood. But then when I heard fujioh’s inner flame doesn’t come with safety valve, is a no no for me.

My only concern is if the exposed metal after removing the trivet will rust easily or not and that the fire is really too big. Also, the limited warranty period of 1 yr for the ceran glass top But then again, love is blind and am quite decided

Hood - Fujioh NL 900

I was researching hard on which hood has the best suction power and came close to decide on brandt’s model (the only one that is china made and boasting a suction power of 1050 m3/hr) but after visiting one a reputable shop, her one liner stuck with me, “best suction but unable to clean well, then it’s really no point”.

So how to say no when fujioh’s hood is industry body tested for it’s grease removal?

The oil catchment is as physical as it can get to see how good the hood is?

Plus, stainless steel! Ha

Oven & Microwave - Brandt FC842XS1 & ME630XE1

Decided based on very logical liner – for ovens, microwave, front loading washers, go continental.

So there’s bosch, Electrolux and brandt for me to think about. Of course, there’s miele for me to dream about. HA

Bosch was out for me because I feel its less sturdy, the doors seems flimsy to me and the interior is joined pieces – not 1 single piece like brandt or at least not the model that I have shortlisted.

also, looking at the specs, I decided to go wit brandt because

i. turnspit

ii. catalytic panels for easier cleaning (confirmed with Brandt through hotline, panels need not necessary change annually. for home use, change once every 3 yrs is fine. of course, subjected to frequency of use too. damage is $150 for 2 panels. can diy change)

Electrolux was out cause design didn’t appeal to me and wife

Also, by ears only, 2 departmental stores voted brandt for better performance

So I decided on brandt and microwave jus comes along as wife wanted it build-in as well.

Plus, we like the design of the build-in microwave so much

Washer / Dryer - Samsung WD8804CJZ

Like I mentioned above, would have considered a continental brand but I can only dream abour miele and lately the asian makes with the improvements in the features really make it value for money. Initially, I wasn’t intending to talk about specs at the start but just wanted something with grey / stainless steel color to go with kitchen design and my eyes fell on tis model. Plus, it doubles up as washer / dryer. HEY

Subsequently, the specs creped up to me (courtesy of a fellow forum mate) and I had to look at it closer. Washer / dryer itself physically has a quiet drive label on it but nothing mentioned on the specs. The only model in Samsung that really features the DD and VRT is the black WD8122. meaning, it would not be that quiet as I thought it would be. Meaning, LG seems to be a more logical choice cause they’re all direct drive. So I put up a compare and contrast and again decided on my Samsung model because

i) diamond drum

ii) more washing programs compare to LG

ii) ceramic heater which claims to last 10 yrs and seemingly can't find any thing to read bout LG's heater in the washer / dryer series

iv) wife mentioned, “eh, noisy or not… you don’t sit by the washer to get yrself irritated by the noise right”

afternote for the washer / dryer: called Samsung hotline and received a sms reply when I didnt managed to answer their call. sms wrote: "with regards to query about quiet drive, this is because the latest model that we have which is WD8804CJZ is very quiet when washing and spinning. Compared to other washer, this machine only product 55 decibel."

hope the above helps and if any forum mates are currently using the above models, do drop your reviews!

Edited by ne0mesis

:good: wat a good n detailed explanation on ur choices. I won't be able to do it like u!

oh well, is after long deliberation and heavy brainstorming that I come to decide what I want.

so selfless me, tot can let all forum mates leverage on all my brain juice tat was exhausted during the thinking process. ha

haha.. ur story very cute... :lol:

im using the dyson vacuum, hubby bought it, at first i was like - are u like insane, its so expensive! - but im loving it now.. m planning to jz put somewhere near hubby's display cabinet, part of display.. :P

I love my Dyson too. It's good looking enough as a display. :)

now that the grp buy for my appliances is underway, time to get back to my tblog.

actually, i should do my id justice by introducing them first in my tblog in red carpet treatment but heck, even the 3d drawings (extremely happy bout it) are already out. ok, i promise myself to introduce them in full glory soon. ha!

for suspense purposes (not tat many actually bothers. hahaha), I like to reveal the final product till the time comes.

Meanwhile, the proposed layout

below: the open kitchen that is not so open kitchen afterall - all thanks to the irritating column

3627_001.jpg

Edited by ne0mesis