Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0mesis

Fx-ea

id said he has plans for me lei... man, any hdb officer reading tis one or not!

or just do a kerb to hide the pipe lor, have a peace of mind also. next time sell unit also no headache

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
kitchens are really tricky - you want them aestheically pleasing but at the same time you do not want another run of the mill design either. Daunting task it is - squeeze your ID's creative juice for all its worth ;)

he better! but disappoint me, he yet has not.

the juice is strong, feel it I am.

yea, Fujioh seems to be a gd choice. Have you cfm the mk2 already?

she don't like the shape although is the best performance if I'm not wrong

you might want to consider the higher range Ariafina.

http://www.ariafina.jp/

It's higher range of Fujioh :)

as Mr TGIF would rightfully and purposefully suggest da most happening places to be at, i spent my time while waiting for my wife to knock off at 11 yesterday at.....

1. poh seng to see toilet bowls

2. uninova to see sofas

3. yoguru to eat yogurt alone and surf renotalk

cest la vie as the recent humiliated French would put it...

but anwayz, my journal log for the above 3 places

there are no babes at those places (ok, my wife is so gonna kill me for saying that. hahahaha)

erm hey, that's beside the point anywayz... am a SNAG, swearing in soon as a family man out to shop for the new house and so...

apart from toilet bowls and kitchen sinks (no is not a blanco kitchen sink either) that I have shortlisted, poh seng also offers rain shower, mixers, industrial taps etc.. from some european brands like "pozzi" and "onimi" but made in PRC or malaysia. Higher ends like hansgrohe are not in the list. so rain shower alright, but suppose need not know what goes inside the rain shower then. as in i bet my last penny that there's nada technology involved inside the rain shower. comforting to know as heard from the friendly salesperson is that is all in chrome finishing.

so while hansgrohe rain shower is set at a thousand bucks at least, the wannabes only calls for less than half the price. which sets me thinking after i sat down at my last stop eating my yoguru yogurt. I have been a red pail and scoops of water to settle for my shower for the good 28 years of my life, to spend a thousand bucks for quality and therapeutic rain shower seems to be much a luxury for me. in fact, seeing rain-like water dropping down from the wannabes already seems like a big upgrade to me! then again, wife and I seem to always have an eye for the well.. not the average joe kind of things. hai.. decisions, decisions.

Photo0342.jpgPhoto0337.jpgPhoto0339.jpgPhoto0341.jpg

from jln bersah, i made my way to furniture mall. there, i make sure i avoided infamous places that have seen enough promising (promising to fail) reviews. to my horror, for awhile i thought there were no more shops to shop after avoiding them! then, i found uninova, quietly at corner on 3rd floor. not the widest variety of designs definitely but inside, salesperson ain't pushy at all which is good - taking time to make sure i browse on my own for awhile before making her presentation to me. so things i learn from there - 100% cowhide full leather means everything while 1/2 leather would mean only leather on the front i.e the sitting area. synthetic or micro leathers are composites and not realy leather. i shortlisted 3 plain simple 3seater (i am determined not to go for recliner or adjustable back rest cause that's just about what everybody is going for) models for consideration.

sofas.jpg

since there, i decided to brave myself and dropped by FC homes since I have time. served by again another friendly salesperson, she took decent amount of time to describe to me their high end italian designs from caliaitalia (direct import from Italy) and kelvin giormani. While all other sofa retailers dare to announce their sofa is 100% leather, they denounce their lack of validation and proof. Often, genuine leather or 100% can also mean using split leather which is less durable than say a - mother of all heavenly leather as they put it, the top grain leather. Distinguishingly, top grain leather offers some imperfections on the leather sofa i.e healed scars or different tones to prove their point of well, as close as sitting down on a living cow. Individual 2 or 3 warranties on each of their sofa leather is given against tearing, cracking or peeling. All things said, be at entry level, be prepared to dish out $2500 at minimum to own that cowly feeling.

there, yet another my humble research at 2 cents worth.

hope it helps!

Photo0337.jpg

since there, i decided to brave myself and dropped by FC homes since I have time. served by again another friendly salesperson, she took decent amount of time to describe to me their high end italian designs from caliaitalia (direct import from Italy) and kelvin giormani. While all other sofa retailers dare to announce their sofa is 100% leather, they denounce their lack of validation and proof. Often, genuine leather or 100% can also mean using split leather which is less durable than say a - mother of all heavenly leather as they put it, the top grain leather. Distinguishingly, top grain leather offers some imperfections on the leather sofa i.e healed scars or different tones to prove their point of well, as close as sitting down on a living cow. Individual 2 or 3 warranties on each of their sofa leather is given against tearing, cracking or peeling. All things said, be at entry level, be prepared to dish out $2500 at minimum to own that cowly feeling.

there, yet another my humble research at 2 cents worth.

hope it helps!

i bought this rainshower! very nice. :D can't wait to use it

FC is it winnie? i think they say the same thing to everyone. but after the reviews i think their so called full leather also not very true lor

i bought this rainshower! very nice. :D can't wait to use it

FC is it winnie? i think they say the same thing to everyone. but after the reviews i think their so called full leather also not very true lor

you bought from Poh Seng too? cool. reviews once you start using it ya!

i was at furniture mall's FC and was served by a lady by the name of Mary.

was at XZQT yesterday and wife and i saw one that really caught our eyes. very exp though compare to univonna.

really must check out what sort of leather is from univonna although is full leather. full or top grain full leather and split leather can be huge difference in terms of longevity of the sofa i think!

we also want to buy the rain shower but worried that its drizzle instead of rain. Some forummers mentioned abt the pressure. Hw do we know abt the pressure in our house? Does it mean if i use thse storage tank it will be better?

you bought from Poh Seng too? cool. reviews once you start using it ya!

i was at furniture mall's FC and was served by a lady by the name of Mary.

was at XZQT yesterday and wife and i saw one that really caught our eyes. very exp though compare to univonna.

really must check out what sort of leather is from univonna although is full leather. full or top grain full leather and split leather can be huge difference in terms of longevity of the sofa i think!

yup from poh seng also. i think need to wait 1 more month before i can use it. :( haiz, i hate waiting.

where is XZQT?

i think univonna sofas are all good quality de. never saw any complaints on the leather quality. the only problem to me about univonna sofa is the design, if not i will confirm go for it.

we also want to buy the rain shower but worried that its drizzle instead of rain. Some forummers mentioned abt the pressure. Hw do we know abt the pressure in our house? Does it mean if i use thse storage tank it will be better?

if my research never fail me, for rain shower optimum or better performance, best is to go with a storage tank.

also, you may want to check with hdb agent if he or she has the contact no. to the hdb officer for your blk. cause my agent gave me mine to call.

then you can check with her the water pressure.

also, i've heard that for newer flats the watter pressure should not be a problem whereas older or more mature estates may have this issue.

hope it helps!

yup from poh seng also. i think need to wait 1 more month before i can use it. :( haiz, i hate waiting.

where is XZQT?

i think univonna sofas are all good quality de. never saw any complaints on the leather quality. the only problem to me about univonna sofa is the design, if not i will confirm go for it.

ok ok.. hope in time to hear your review before i install mine.

it shall be the case of the omnipotent Hansgrohe vs the underdog ulu brand! HA

well, for more design chic inspired sofas or price tags that slaps in your face (i feel), consider places like Boconcept, XZQT, Air. Iwannagohome etc..

am jus there for ideas and price guiding though.. doubt can afford from there. ha

for me is pretty straight forward for the sofa selection - strictly no mechanisms for recliner or higher back rest. just sleek and simple.

most important is the leather quality i feel cause no point spending the money but only to last for a year or so and its start to peel, fungi attack etc..

Edited by ne0mesis

ok ok.. hope in time to hear your review before i install mine.

it shall be the case of the omnipotent Hansgrohe vs the underdog ulu brand! HA

well, for more design chic inspired sofas or price tags that slaps in your face (i feel), consider places like Boconcept, XZQT, Air. Iwannagohome etc..

am jus there for ideas and price guiding though.. doubt can afford from there. ha

for me is pretty straight forward for the sofa selection - strictly no mechanisms, no recliner, no higher back rest. sleek and simple.

most important is the leather quality i feel cause no point spending the money but only to last for a year or so and its start to peel, fungi attack etc..

for sofas, i asked lorenzo, a few shops in furniture mall, hommage, courts etc

lorenzo, hommage, courts tells me even if you buy a real cowhide leather, no taking care of the leather will also result in peeling, flaking and decolouring.

which means to me that even i spend $ on real leather then result also same will peel? so i think better to spend less on sofa and stop going to trust shops telling me their leather is 2 or 3 years warranty. these shops in furniture mall, IFC keep stressing their competitors leather is half leather, PVC, low quality leather, second layer leather blah blah blah. in the end also a lot of complaints on their own so called warranty leather. so i guess what lorenzo, hommage and courts said are more trustworthy?

conclusion for me is to get half leather so if it really flake or peel i can just change without feeling too much pain. just my two cents worth ;)

for me is pretty straight forward for the sofa selection - strictly no mechanisms, no recliner, no higher back rest. sleek and simple.

so have finalized on your sofa selection, looking good! i'm still at selection stage - we saw a couple at Sierra but have not made any headway since then.

if my research never fail me, for rain shower optimum or better performance, best is to go with a storage tank.

also, you may want to check with hdb agent if he or she has the contact no. to the hdb officer for your blk. cause my agent gave me mine to call.

then you can check with her the water pressure.

also, i've heard that for newer flats the watter pressure should not be a problem whereas older or more mature estates may have this issue.

hope it helps!

Thanks for ur input. Will go ask.

for sofas, i asked lorenzo, a few shops in furniture mall, hommage, courts etc

lorenzo, hommage, courts tells me even if you buy a real cowhide leather, no taking care of the leather will also result in peeling, flaking and decolouring.

which means to me that even i spend $ on real leather then result also same will peel? so i think better to spend less on sofa and stop going to trust shops telling me their leather is 2 or 3 years warranty. these shops in furniture mall, IFC keep stressing their competitors leather is half leather, PVC, low quality leather, second layer leather blah blah blah. in the end also a lot of complaints on their own so called warranty leather. so i guess what lorenzo, hommage and courts said are more trustworthy?

conclusion for me is to get half leather so if it really flake or peel i can just change without feeling too much pain. just my two cents worth ;)

hi

was just at lorenzo this evening. The saleslady said the same thing- regardless of what kind of leather, you need to apply some kind of "softener" to the leather, else sure to peel and flake esp if near sun. For their products, if you buy their leather kit, they will give one time free maintenance service. But upon delivery, we must apply one coat ourselves first before use.

anyway warranty is only on mechanism and structure, and none for leather.