Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Your army days???

I just heard from my coleagues the expats here likes mountain biking and trekking. But it is really boring for ladies lah!! No pubs, no K'oke...no 7-eleven shops...nothing lah! I hope I don't have to come here again! (Hope my company didn't win the job?? :rolleyes: ) Hope my boss does not see this post here..kekeke

LOL... yes... army day... and yes, we had 1 day of R&R (rest and relax); we went to the royal brunei museum, or so... :P

Dear Brother

No problem...when I go back to Singapore, I will contact you. You can give me a list of problems you faced and I try to predict your luck for the next 10 years for you!!

not really problems la... but thinking abt my career path...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, sister

I arrive this morning by Royal Brunei flight and will be returning late evening departing at 18:30hr. I am here with one colleague to assist a partner to prepare a tender which goes in tomorrow, for the Government here (a water treatment plant).

My first time here, and my son had already told mummy that I am going to a boring country. Now staying at Orchid Garden Hotel, and there is a private club on second floor (looks like sleezy place??) and the only place which has beers on its menu!!

I heard from our partner here that you only need one day and you complete touring the whole city!! :unsure:

One night only, not too bad lar. Erm, one day for tour? I think 1/2 day enough, keke. But ok lar, rest and chillax cos you have such a packed calendar.

Hey rem to pack more sunblock, lipbalm n moisturiser n pipagao for your 'stan' trip k? Think very hot n dry places you are going to, must take care and moisturise inside n out. Oh n hair conditioner too. :P Sorry if I sound like a mother-hen! 8|

One night only, not too bad lar. Erm, one day for tour? I think 1/2 day enough, keke. But ok lar, rest and chillax cos you have such a packed calendar.

Hey rem to pack more sunblock, lipbalm n moisturiser n pipagao for your 'stan' trip k? Think very hot n dry places you are going to, must take care and moisturise inside n out. Oh n hair conditioner too. :P Sorry if I sound like a mother-hen! 8|

One night is enough to kill me to death....back to hotel so early and no places to go, besides the 'chilling place' at level 2, and dinner in the hotel. I wanted to take a stroll outside the hotel, but the whole area is quiet like a ghost town. I thought I can walk walk and look see look see if I can find any rich ah Pek! :dribble: kekekeke...but not a single soul on the road at this hour!! :jawdrop:

Thank you for the advice on bringing the moisturisors & stuffs for my 'stan' trip in July. The itinerary now includes ChengDu, XinJiang, Xi'an and Beijing. Ya...will be a dry & hot journey during this period of July.

Edited by mae29

LOL... yes... army day... and yes, we had 1 day of R&R (rest and relax); we went to the royal brunei museum, or so... :P

Tomorrow I will be free from 1:00pm onwards, after lunch with Partner and dropping off the tender submission. So I have half day free time and let's see where they bring me to....maybe water village??

Tomorrow I will be free from 1:00pm onwards, after lunch with Partner and dropping off the tender submission. So I have half day free time and let's see where they bring me to....maybe water village??

OK, let me focus on reading your career path & give you my recommendations! For now, remember this: Everybody has difficult years, but a lot of times the difficult years end up being the greatest years of your whole entire life, if you survive them." - B. Murphy :yamseng:

Bro RB

Actually, we are looking for Ah Pek, not OLD Ah Pek! :lol:

I'm already 50+ but that the photo of that rich man you posted cannot lah, so definitely a NO NO too for May. :rofl:

We don't mind the age, but the Ah Pek must also look young like me! :lol::huh:

(This photo was taken just 2 days ago!! Finally get rid of pimples!!!)

vw8y_2af_uc4it.jpg

Bumpz for more rich man to see ^^

lol, nice thought and kind gesture :) but do rich men really need to come into RT? thought RT is for people who want to get the best deal for their $$$ on reno :sport-smiley-004: maybe need to put the photo on some luxe car or watch forum :dancingqueen:

Recently I started to fill myself with activities to better use of my free time & to keep my mind active.

I will be on business trip on 6-7 June.

I will be attending courses in KL on 23-25 June.

I will be on vacation in XingJiang / Xian / Beijing from 8-21 July.

I will be on full day seminar here on 23-July.

I will be attending course from 13-15 August.

More to come!!

mae da jie, you are so busy! I miss your photo updates :) do enjoy and take care of yourself, dont work too hard! :good:

Oh my gosh, yes been there and the vibe is very different and laid back. Think there is one beach resort that doesn't look too bad if you have to stay the weekend. When I was there my colleagues and I did a 1/2-day tour of the water village and that was it!

Finally have some time to lunch at the scenic Water Village yesterday and a last minute visit to the shopping centres at opposite side of the street.

On the top left picture is the GM of our Partnering firm in Brunei.

On the bottom Lower right is our Project Manager, who will be leading this project if awarded to us.

gybi_2c3_uc4it.jpg

mae da jie, you are so busy! I miss your photo updates :) do enjoy and take care of yourself, dont work too hard! :good:

I will be posting up some pictures of the defect works which the plaster guy came to rectify for me couple of weeks back. Now I know why the pastering wall bubbled...it was caused by water seepage from the external walls...similar to the problem at your balcony. I think I have to alert HDB to do something to the external wall.

I will also be posting up some pictures of a 'dangerous' item which my youngest son bought last weekend!!! You will never believe that he likes such kind of metal objects!!

Anyone like to make a wild guess what did my son buy??

LOL!! The picture was meant to show RB how I look for my age so he does not recommend older ah Pek for us! :lol:

Both Maydream_1 and myself are just joking here...don't take it seriously!!

Almost time to delete my picture in case the poor chico Pek really comes to my blog!! :lol:

lol, nice thought and kind gesture :) but do rich men really need to come into RT? thought RT is for people who want to get the best deal for their $$$ on reno :sport-smiley-004: maybe need to put the photo on some luxe car or watch forum :dancingqueen:

Finally have some time to lunch at the scenic Water Village yesterday and a last minute visit to the shopping centres at opposite side of the street.

On the top left picture is the GM of our Partnering firm in Brunei.

On the bottom Lower right is our Project Manager, who will be leading this project if awarded to us.

I will be posting up some pictures of the defect works which the plaster guy came to rectify for me couple of weeks back. Now I know why the pastering wall bubbled...it was caused by water seepage from the external walls...similar to the problem at your balcony. I think I have to alert HDB to do something to the external wall.

I will also be posting up some pictures of a 'dangerous' item which my youngest son bought last weekend!excl.gif You will never believe that he likes such kind of metal objects!!

Anyone like to make a wild guess what did my son buy??

LOL!! The picture was meant to show RB how I look for my age so he does not recommend older ah Pek for us! :lol:

Both Maydream_1 and myself are just joking here...don't take it seriously!!

Almost time to delete my picture in case the poor chico Pek really comes to my blog!! :lol:

GM of partnering firm looks like a good potential match, hahaha good.gif okay i totally know you are joking but i couldnt resist the urge to tease.

sorry to hear about your external water seepage problems, but any problem is always easily solved by super donny just a short phone call away bowdown.gif

your son bought a sword home? hmmmm, dont know if such items are allowed for sale/ purchase legally in SG though.

your son bought a sword home? hmmmm, dont know if such items are allowed for sale/ purchase legally in SG though.

It seems they are allowed to be bought in Singapore as there used to be a store in Suntec selling replica swords although it has now closed.

Not sure on the rules about importing though. If you cannot bring in handcuffs, even the fluffy kind :o, I would expect you cannot bring in replica weapons. Strange that you could purchase in Singapore though.

RB

External to the unit (outside walls and roof) is Town Council.

I had the same issue but when it rained, water used to come in to my old unit and leave a puddle on my master bedroom floor. Called TC and someone reapplied latex paint within a week to seal the outside wall. Didn't have any more issues after that. As concrete is not waterproof, if the latex paint wears out due to weathering then you may get this issue.

Give the TC a call and they should send someone to assess and arrange repair works for you.

RB

External to the unit (outside walls and roof) is Town Council.

I had the same issue but when it rained, water used to come in to my old unit and leave a puddle on my master bedroom floor. Called TC and someone reapplied latex paint within a week to seal the outside wall. Didn't have any more issues after that. As concrete is not waterproof, if the latex paint wears out due to weathering then you may get this issue.

Give the TC a call and they should send someone to assess and arrange repair works for you.

RB

Bro RB

Thank you for your advice. I will give them a ring soon!!

GM of partnering firm looks like a good potential match, hahaha good.gif okay i totally know you are joking but i couldnt resist the urge to tease.

Sis sleek,

Alamak! He is a married man lah!! :no: