Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

your son bought a sword home? hmmmm, dont know if such items are allowed for sale/ purchase legally in SG though.

It seems they are allowed to be bought in Singapore as there used to be a store in Suntec selling replica swords although it has now closed.

Not sure on the rules about importing though. If you cannot bring in handcuffs, even the fluffy kind :o, I would expect you cannot bring in replica weapons. Strange that you could purchase in Singapore though.

RB

:sport-smiley-004: Yes, you got it right!!! My son bought a giant Japanese Odachi Sword!! :jawdrop: It is 1.9m long sword. Although it is blunt, but you can get it sharpen and the edge of sword is actually quite sharp!! :fire:

My son told me that he has been eyeing this sword long before his 18th birthday. So, immediately after his birthday, he is 'licensed' to buy it from a basement shop at Raffles Place MRT Station, shop name is 'Caesars @ Raffles Place' (www.caesars.com.sg).

Now GSS sales and all products come with 20% discount for members and 15% for public. My son paid around $410 including a stand for the Odachi sword. Next week, he is going to buy another piece called 'Katana'. :jawdrop:

stye_9d6_uc4it.jpg

s1wh_e23_uc4it.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Woah. Kind of dangerous to have such weapons at home...

I bought a stiletto after I ORD-ed from my unit, as some memory keepsake...

And I vaguely remembered having to give my particulars to the shopowner to "apply license" to purchase and own a weapon...

Think the weapon is a controlled item with serial no. (I might be wrong; my memory is failing me), so it can be traced to the owner, should it be used in "illegal" manner...

But so far, it's locked inside the casing with the some of the badges i've collected in NS...

My son told me that he has been eyeing this sword long before his 18th birthday. So, immediately after his birthday, he is 'licensed' to buy it from a basement shop at Raffles Place MRT Station, shop name is 'Caesars @ Raffles Place' (www.caesars.com.sg).

Yes that was the place also in Suntec. I would love some of their stuff but with 3 kids around who love sword fighting with their foam swords it really is far too risky.

Of course your son would love it. He is a guy and of course all the boys know the girls love a guy with a big sword in their pocket :o:D.

RB

Bro RB

Actually, we are looking for Ah Pek, not OLD Ah Pek! :lol:

I'm already 50+ but that the photo of that rich man you posted cannot lah, so definitely a NO NO too for May. :rofl:

We don't mind the age, but the Ah Pek must also look young like me! :lol::huh:

(This photo was taken just 2 days ago!! Finally get rid of pimples!!!)

vw8y_2af_uc4it.jpg

Omigosh Mae.... you look so young!!!!! If we stand side by side people will be saying I'm the jie jie!!

pei fu!!!

Katana is the sword used by Samurai. The quality of the sword is dependant on the number of 'folds'it has. The forging of the steel used for the katana itself is a work of art.

Bro, Kobe

I can ask my ID Donny to be the driver for our next RT gathering :lol: I cannot find rich Ah Pek yet. So, for now, he is our driver :lol::lol::lol:

My ID always tried to 'siem' whenever he saw me holding my camera during the reno period. So, cant find same pose of Donnie Yen's picture. The closest match I can find is this picture. :o

Hmmmm....Do you think they look alike? Bro Kobe, I think you look better lah! :bleah:

Now, my 'Ah Pek' list is still empty!! :lol::(:help:

gc22_f73_uc4it.jpg

Sis Mae, their hairstyle looks a little similar :D Waoh u very attractive lor, got people volunteer to be driver :D

Rich Ah Pek had to find. Poor Chico Pek much easier :sport-smiley-004:

:o:D That's the phrase I've heard in a long time.... hahahahahahahaha

The ones with rich daddies.... ;).

Rb

don't have rich daddies already with good money will not be that young. They are like hdb with good view, high floor, good neighbours, near town, near mrt, near supermarket/shops and with low cov and A1 reno. hahahaha.... try to find that! :notti:

U miss out a point : Good FS location :o:D

Hi,eth228

Many thanks for popping by my reno t-blog. I am currently on business trip in Brunei, a boring country..... the saving grace is the hotel has wireless internet for which I can still surf the net. Else, I will be bored to death!! zz

I will PM you the information shortly.

Hi,

My hubby and I recently bought a resales hdb at Hougang. Have been looking at the forum for info and would like to check out your ID. Wonder if is it ok to get his contact from you? Thanks in advance :)

Omigosh Mae.... you look so young!!!!! If we stand side by side people will be saying I'm the jie jie!!

pei fu!!!

You should see Mae irl - she's a lot classier AND younger-looking in person with a warm emanating personality to boot!

I was going to say the same thing about the GM haha! :P

- Ely

pei fu!!!

You should see Mae irl - she's a lot classier AND younger-looking in person with a warm emanating personality to boot!

- Ely

Oh, Ladies

The famous quote 'Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder', so each person has her innate beauty based on her own unique life experiences. My life is full of obstacles and challenges from the day my marriage hit the rock! But this doesn't mean it is the end of world. Our actions and perceptions will impact on what others see on you. I also believe that everyone has at least one good attribute that can make them more attractive to another.

Anyway, beauty is only skindeep but ugly is to the bone!!! So, we don't let life overtake us, we can age graciously!! ;)

Hi,

My hubby and I recently bought a resales hdb at Hougang. Have been looking at the forum for info and would like to check out your ID. Wonder if is it ok to get his contact from you? Thanks in advance :)

Hi, Chriswl

Thank you for dropping by my reno t-blog!

For record, I have PM you the contact number of my ID.

Here, wishing you a smooth reno journey in advance!!

Oh, Ladies

The famous quote 'Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder', so each person has her innate beauty based on her own unique life experiences. My life is full of obstacles and challenges from the day my marriage hit the rock! But this doesn't mean it is the end of world. Our actions and perceptions will impact on what others see on you. I also believe that everyone has at least one good attribute that can make them more attractive to another.

Anyway, beauty is only skindeep but ugly is to the bone!!! So, we don't let life overtake us, we can age graciously!! ;)

very well said Sis Mae :good: I'm sure you have came out of all the challenges life threw at you and emerged stronger and not to say prettier ;)

Hi, Chriswl

Thank you for dropping by my reno t-blog!

For record, I have PM you the contact number of my ID.

Here, wishing you a smooth reno journey in advance!!

Hi mae29,

Thanks, will be praying very hard for a smooth reno ;)

Hi mae29,

:bow::jawdrop: I would have gone bonkers if i need to do such major makeover!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very nice blog to view with all the details n picture..

congrats in the completion and making your house into such a cosy home. :yamseng:

Need to check with you.. are you using instant heater for your home and it works with the rain-shower?

I would love to have a rain shower in my future home!

Thanks!

Hi mae29,

:bow::jawdrop: I would have gone bonkers if i need to do such major makeover!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very nice blog to view with all the details n picture..

congrats in the completion and making your house into such a cosy home. :yamseng:

Need to check with you.. are you using instant heater for your home and it works with the rain-shower?

I would love to have a rain shower in my future home!

Thanks!

hihi,

Thank you for visiting my reno blog!! I'm glad that my ID did a good job in project management for me. Otherwise, I would have gone bonkers!!

I apologize for the belated reply as I was busy & unwell recently. I fell sick frequently due to 5 yellow star in my bedroom, coupled with sickness star 2 in this month, and I spent most time on my iPhone in the room!! I have already cured both negative stars, but still down with flu & fever. Thanks goodness not a serious one, but is taking longer than usual to recover!!

Yes, I'm using City Gas instant heater which supplies hot water to 2 bathrooms and no problem with the rain shower.

Edited by mae29