Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Hi mae, I have been following ur blog since you started it, so glad for you that it is finally coming to an end and everything is shaping up really nicely! Was down with flu for past few days but last nite remb that ystd was yr handover date and early this morning log in to see yr completed home. I must say it is very nice. :)

I saw that your sink and stove are really close to one another, altho they are positioned in an L-shape. My new home is also like this and my mum said they are too close for fengshui reasons. May I know did yr fengshui master mention anything abt this?

Your movers sound reliable and cheap. Are they pro in handling fragile items and did they bubble wrap them? Can you pm me the contact pls? Thks a lot!

Thk gd care of yrself. There's some flu bug flying ard. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
lol, mine is PIANO WHITE, from the Black Magic range... horrible name to have as a brand i think... hahaha

it's glossy white. yet to choose my solid surface but ID told me to take white.

I shall admire your beautiful home from here... my FAR EAST le.. hahaha :D

Lol, after moving back home yesterday, was busy unpacking stuffs for the kitchen. Guess what? My kitchen cabinets look whiter now... May be my eyes these 2 days were spent looking at them, nothing else. So, I want to convey is that my kitchen is like PIANO white!

hi mae, everything is looking good , all your hardwork and diligence has paid off! Now you can have a peaceful CNY too.. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

:)

Lol, after moving back home yesterday, was busy unpacking stuffs for the kitchen. Guess what? My kitchen cabinets look whiter now... May be my eyes these 2 days were spent looking at them, nothing else. So, I want to convey is that my kitchen is like PIANO white!

:dribble: i love that white white type..... sound fantastic!!!!

Hi mae, I have been following ur blog since you started it, so glad for you that it is finally coming to an end and everything is shaping up really nicely! Was down with flu for past few days but last nite remb that ystd was yr handover date and early this morning log in to see yr completed home. I must say it is very nice. :)

I saw that your sink and stove are really close to one another, altho they are positioned in an L-shape. My new home is also like this and my mum said they are too close for fengshui reasons. May I know did yr fengshui master mention anything abt this?

Your movers sound reliable and cheap. Are they pro in handling fragile items and did they bubble wrap them? Can you pm me the contact pls? Thks a lot!

Thk gd care of yrself. There's some flu bug flying ard. :)

Hi, hotchix

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am glad that I have made it & finally the reno is considered over, although there are still some punchlist items to be cleared. Perhaps I place too stringent demand on quality check and that's why almost all contractors had a hard time with me. I will be writing a summation of the whole reno works & lessons learnt with full photographs once my furnitures arrived.

As for the sink & stove, it looks very near, but they are at least 2 feet apart from sink mixer and the first ring of stove. Hence, it is not an issue to have L-shape sink & stove if sufficiently apart.

As for the mover, I should really compliment them for their good service. My stuffs were all packed in cartons by ourselves when we moved out 2 months ago. They are all intact & no need to repack. There are altogether 14 trolleys plus the King size mattress, and they charged me $300 for the 5 men who spent nearly 4 hours of their time for all my stuffs & place each boxes properly in each respective rooms per my instruction. I will PM you their contact later tonight when I got hold of internet access. I forgot to apply for MI fibre broadband early & they will come only on 2nd Feb.

Hotchix, thank you again for visiting my blog and I want to let you know how much I value your comments. :)

:dribble: i love that white white type..... sound fantastic!!!!

Hi, May_dream1

I saw your nick frequently on this forum & now I have the honour to have yours in my blog! Thank you for leaving behind your footprint in my blog, and I am really happy to 'know' u here. Looks like I will spend CNY reading your blog:)

Edited by mae29

hi mae, everything is looking good , all your hardwork and diligence has paid off! Now you can have a peaceful CNY too.. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

:)

Hi, sleek

I am glad my energy level at this age, can hold me through these 2 months of extreme makeover plan & I have to thank all of you like yourself for the encouragement. Wishing you a bountiful CNY with happiness & success throughout the year!

Hi..

Your reno looks great. Mind PM me your ID contact?

Many thanks

Hi, winkasiao

Thank you for visiting my blog... I hope to borrow your 'winkasiao' luck for CNY!

We like our reno too, it is really an extreme makeover home, as commented by our neighbours.

I will pm you my ID full contact.

Curtains:

Bedroom 3

10kd_9c9_uc4it.jpg

MBR

Reversed dressing with the expensive Day curtains in front instead of normal way of placing behind.

hicf_409_uc4it.jpg

ufae_a2e_uc4it.jpg

12rj_a9b_uc4it.jpg

I am glad that I selected the right curtain maker given by my ID. Their wokmsnship is superb and service is No. 1!!

When they came for measurements, they saw beams & columns at every corners and they have duly taken these into considerations. Now, as there will be another wooden sliding door for the toilet of MBR, the right side of the track & stopper need adjustment. My ID feedback to them & they responded immediately, even though their installers are rushing for owners to meet CNY. Really worth every cents of the price I paid for whole curtains.

Edited by mae29

I am glad that I selected the right curtain maker given by my ID. Their wokmsnship is superb and service is No. 1!!

When they came for measurements, they saw beams & columns at every corners and they have duly taken these into considerations. Now, as there will be another wooden sliding door for the toilet of MBR, the right side of the track & stopper need adjustment. My ID feedback to them & they responded immediately, even though their installers are rushing for owners to meet CNY. Really worth every cents of the price I paid for whole curtains.

Wow!!! you are full of praises for them. :dribble: must be really good!! can pm me directly their contact?

waaaa.. i love your curtains! especially the hidden track using your flase ceiling @ ur living room windows. i am soooo sad that mine supposed to be like urs nicely hidden but was not informed duly by my ID. sobz sobz..

Hi mae, Superb reno. Dun we just wish the pipes in the toilets can be smaller or better still disappear!!!!! I am waiting for my 1st appointment then prob keys in april and my reno headache will start. In fact, searching for Contractors/IDs is already giving me headache now? Glad to see that you have found a responsible guy. Care to share with me the cost and contact of your ID? many thanks in advance.

Blue Skies

Hi mae, Superb reno. Dun we just wish the pipes in the toilets can be smaller or better still disappear!!!!! I am waiting for my 1st appointment then prob keys in april and my reno headache will start. In fact, searching for Contractors/IDs is already giving me headache now? Glad to see that you have found a responsible guy. Care to share with me the cost and contact of your ID? many thanks in advance.

Blue Skies

Hi boyblunder,

Maybe you can try ID note, they have been quite gd and efficient with my friends' and my home. Reasonable priced and good work. Save me from all the reno "stories", lol. Pm me if you want their contacts.

Photographs of completed works todate:

Kitchen:

Awaiting for the carpenter to return on Monday & Tuesday to assemble the hobs.

grq4_5ba_uc4it.jpg

Hi!

I love your white kitchen cabinetry. I am doing something similar for my reno but have come up against a problem during the reno.

My ID and carpenter claimed that the my full height cabinet is too long for the standard white laminate length...thus there is a need to join 2 pieces of laminate which i find unacceptable.

My qn which i hope u can help with is that what is your height of ur cabinet? Is your laminate in 1 piece or joined? Do you have a picture showing a full view of the longest continuous height of the white cabinet? And what brand and model is the laminate used?

Thanks!!

Hi!

I love your white kitchen cabinetry. I am doing something similar for my reno but have come up against a problem during the reno.

My ID and carpenter claimed that the my full height cabinet is too long for the standard white laminate length...thus there is a need to join 2 pieces of laminate which i find unacceptable.

My qn which i hope u can help with is that what is your height of ur cabinet? Is your laminate in 1 piece or joined? Do you have a picture showing a full view of the longest continuous height of the white cabinet? And what brand and model is the laminate used?

Thanks!!

I find it hard to believe. my full height cabinet was also one continuous run from ceiling to floor. No joints in-between.