Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

The issue here is that the ID did not forewarn us that there will be a jointline due to standard maximum runs of laminate. If we have been told, at least we can decide if we can live with the jointline or chose a different cabinet design to avoid the jointline. :(

If the jointline can't be avoided, at least they informed owners or IDs; but not suka suka cut & join the laminate at their discretion. Even if they join the laminate, the carpenter must also make an efforts to match the design on laminate as much as possible!

For the tall cabinet, luckily the carpenter joined them at the bottom lower area.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Status update:

It was a pleasant surprise the dining table & 4 chairs least expected was delivered this evening, except for a super single mattress & bedframe for my youngest son will be delayed until next Monday... Understand from delivery guy they are separate shipments.

One painter came this afternoon to do repainting but he was in a rush & left my place at about 7pm, leaving the ceiling of MBR yet to touch up! Furious & sent a nasty message to my ID to get it rectified by Monday deadline! I told ID that I can't do any renovation in MBR after Feb 4 as Annual Flying Star 5 yellow resides in my bedroom! Die die he also must get the painter to return on next Monday!

However, as most contractors are closing for CNY, ID replied me that he will do it himself if I insisted... And yes, I am adamant with my request as I can't afford to challenge negative & inauspicious star 5, even though I can select a good date to start repainting!

Items bought today:

Bedsheets for all bedrooms at John Little, Jurong Point. I also bought a Kingsize Quilt for my Queensize Bed, so that the sides of my bedframe can be covered up. It was a good bargaining at 70% discount for 450TC Intero Colore, so Total damage is nearly $700!

Also bought a garment steamer as I have started washing those clothes brought back by my children.

sorry to bother u again, but do you have the height of your cabinet with the laminate joints?

if u have a picture of the jointline it will be even better as i can compare the workmanship of the carpenter. Thanks!

here are the long waited pictures of the joint at the white full height cabinet....not that visible though...I can accept it. (ignore the spots due to camera len & stains not cleaned yet)

grq4_e41_uc4it.jpg

grq4_00b_uc4it.jpg

should put the pot then take picture, really looks like the 3d rendering leh ahahahaha

hahaha...here comes the POTs....

r68_73b_uc4it.jpg

grq4_9c0_uc4it.jpg

...and the 3D rendering..

oyud_7cf_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Final complete photographs:

The window opening at our dining area and bottom row of kitchen cabinets...finally the carpenter meets my expectation!

grq4_a02_uc4it.jpg

grq4_654_uc4it.jpg

grq4_f9c_uc4it.jpg

.....and the 3D rendering...

oyud_242_uc4it.jpg

The only difference is the frosted glass windows instead of clear glass to avoid seeing 'cha pa lang' things in the kitchen, as well as the deep drawers instead of casement cabinet.

Edited by mae29

Final Complete photographs:

The Bedroom 4, which is the LivingRoom converted into bedroom, for eldest son (26 years old).

We will be getting wall papers on both walls - TV console & headboard after CNY.

grq4_1c1_uc4it.jpg

grq4_c31_uc4it.jpg

grq4_eff_uc4it.jpg

grq4_201_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Final Complete Photographs:

Bedroom 3 - for 2nd son (24 years old):

grq4_f67_uc4it.jpg

grq4_0af_uc4it.jpg

grq4_d78_uc4it.jpg

Status update:

One painter came this afternoon to do repainting but he was in a rush & left my place at about 7pm, leaving the ceiling of MBR yet to touch up! Furious & sent a nasty message to my ID to get it rectified by Monday deadline! I told ID that I can't do any renovation in MBR after Feb 4 as Annual Flying Star 5 yellow resides in my bedroom! Die die he also must get the painter to return on next Monday!

However, as most contractors are closing for CNY, ID replied me that he will do it himself if I insisted... And yes, I am adamant with my request as I can't afford to challenge negative & inauspicious star 5, even though I can select a good date to start repainting!

I admire my ID for his calmness & high level of responsibility. Early morning got 2 missed calls from him while I was still sleeping. Saw his message saying that he and his personal 'painter friend' are coming over, as ID's firm's painters have already 'siu kang', close for CNY!

Came to my place around 11:30am, and we went to Teban Gardens looking for ICI paints, but most shops are closed on Sunday. Then, we proceed to Taman Jurong Blk 399 and bought the paints we required from Nippon Paint instead, to paint the white ceiling at my MBR, and Apple white for one wall at Bedroom 3.

At Teban Market asking the hardwareshop owner if they sell paint!

mdfy_ca8_uc4it.jpg

That lady told us to try Blk 399 Taman Jurong...and we proceed there soon after...

l5bm_406_uc4it.jpg

ID carried the 7 litres of White paint, and another litre of Apple White.

kjn7_fcf_uc4it.jpg

lqrm_cb2_uc4it.jpg

sorry for the blur image...snapped from my iphone

Final countdown!

Tomorrow is our auspicious move-in day. According to Dong Gong Date Selection method, we are able to juxtapose the Qi present on a particular Jia Zi against the month it falls, and therefore deriving at an accurate insightinto the cosmic Qi pattern taking place in the environment affecting the Qi & activities of each day.

It is 'Open' day (Kai) tomorrow & usable timing suitable for all members of my family selected by my Feng Shui Master is from 1pm to 3 pm.

Today, I will be busy preparing the 'an chuan' things...and items needed for tomorrow.

Final countdown!

Tomorrow is our auspicious move-in day. According to Dong Gong Date Selection method, we are able to juxtapose the Qi present on a particular Jia Zi against the month it falls, and therefore deriving at an accurate insightinto the cosmic Qi pattern taking place in the environment affecting the Qi & activities of each day.

It is 'Open' day (Kai) tomorrow & usable timing suitable for all members of my family selected by my Feng Shui Master is from 1pm to 3 pm.

Today, I will be busy preparing the 'an chuan' things...and items needed for tomorrow.

Woah, finally done.

Very good luck with the moving in, I am sure it will go fine :) .

RB

And just like the American TV Show, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, "Bus Driver! Move That Bus!"!!! :P But in Pandan Gardens, it shall be "Thank You Mr ID!! Huat Ah!!!!!!!!" :D :D

Congrats Mae and Family! -- It will definitely be a new lease of life. Enjoy the 'new' house.

Regards,

Reiki

Status update:

It was a pleasant surprise the dining table & 4 chairs least expected was delivered this evening, except for a super single mattress & bedframe for my youngest son will be delayed until next Monday... Understand from delivery guy they are separate shipments.

I am very angry now!!! Before I went out to collect the free gifts redemption at Letrain ( last day of redemption for the LG fridge we bought ), I wrote a cheque for balance payment of LaContessa mattress & bedframe which we expect delivery today.

When I came home, my dear youngest son asked me if that mattress was a temporary piece? I got a shock & went to his room & found it is not the brand we ordered. I immediately called the delivery guy if he had made a mistake but he told me that he was asked to deliver the frame & that 'superior comfort' brand, 4" thick mattress to us!

Furious, I called X'clusive Home & asked if they made a mistake in delivery? The lady whom I spoke to told me she will check & revert. But when she returned my call, she told that due to CNY, the LaContessa mattress will only be arrived in MARCH!!! I was already raging into fury & told her I have only this option: return me the cheque & take back the bedframe & cheapo mattress which they delivered! I can't let my youngest son sleep in such kind of uncomfortable mattress, whereas his 2 older brothers & mummy are all sleeping on good quality mattresses!

I told her that if X'clusive Home is not returning me cheque later, I will call up the bank to stop payment & throw away their bedframe & that cheapo mattress outside the house! She told me that she would get her Manager, Nicholas, to call me.

Nicolas called me immediately & apologized profusely & told me he just came to know that the mattress we ordered is not ready for shipment until March! I argued that they have default in delivery terms & I can't sacrifice my youngest son's comfort on their blatant mistake! Worst still, nobody from X'Clusive Home ever called to advise me of delivery status!

I asked Nicolas to put himself in my position as a mother who treats all sons equally and therefore I can't bear to see my youngest son's comfort been traded due to their bad delivery term! Nicolas suggested to change that cheap mattress to KingKoil, but I am not satisfied as I prefered pillow top mattress for my son. Otherwise, please cancel the order & I would buy from Sealy instead.

He said he will call me again.

10 mins later, he told me if I accept an 8 inch thick mattress, American brand memory foam type, retail price is close to LaContessa mattress, and X'Clusive Home Director had given assurance that they won't bank in my cheque until the LaContessa mattress is delivered to us in March. They will come to exchange with that cheap 4" mattress by 10pm tonite!

Let's see... If Im not satisfied with the comfort level, I will stop the cheque & cancel the order.

Edited by mae29

I am very angry now!!! Before I went out to collect the free gifts redemption at Letrain ( last day of redemption for the LG fridge we bought ), I wrote a cheque for balance payment of LaContessa mattress & bedframe which we expect delivery today.

When I came home, my dear youngest son asked me if that mattress was a temporary piece? I got a shock & went to his room & found it is not the brand we ordered. I immediately called the delivery guy if he had made a mistake but he told me that he was asked to deliver the frame & that 'superior comfort' brand, 4" thick mattress to us!

Furious, I called X'clusive Home & asked if they made a mistake in delivery? The lady whom I spoke to told me she will check & revert. But when she returned my call, she told that due to CNY, the LaContessa mattress will only be arrived in MARCH!!! I was already raging into fury & told her I have only this option: return me the cheque & take back the bedframe & cheapo mattress which they delivered! I can't let my youngest son sleep in such kind of uncomfortable mattress, whereas his 2 older brothers & mummy are all sleeping on good quality mattresses!

I told her that if X'clusive Home is not returning me cheque later, I will call up the bank to stop payment & throw away their bedframe & that cheapo mattress outside the house! She told me that she would get her Manager, Nicholas, to call me.

Nicolas called me immediately & apologized profusely & told me he just came to know that the mattress we ordered is not ready for shipment until March! I argued that they have default in delivery terms & I can't sacrifice my youngest son's comfort on their blatant mistake! Worst still, nobody from X'Clusive Home ever called to advise me of delivery status!

I asked Nicolas to put himself in my position as a mother who treats all sons equally and therefore I can't bear to see my youngest son's comfort been traded due to their bad delivery term! Nicolas suggested to change that cheap mattress to KingKoil, but I am not satisfied as I prefered pillow top mattress for my son. Otherwise, please cancel the order & I would buy from Sealy instead.

He said he will call me again.

10 mins later, he told me if I accept an 8 inch thick mattress, American brand memory foam type, retail price is close to LaContessa mattress, and X'Clusive Home Director had given assurance that they won't bank in my cheque until the LaContessa mattress is delivered to us in March. They will come to exchange with that cheap 4" mattress by 10pm tonite!

Let's see... If Im not satisfied with the comfort level, I will stop the cheque & cancel the order.

Hope the temporary mattress is acceptable.