Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaskel

A 9mths Reno Journey

Hi jaskel,

Paiseh, wanna ask you question again about whole unit electrical rewiring > Should it go with PUB testing?

regards,

emobebe

Edited by emobebe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi jaskel,

Paiseh, wanna ask you question again about whole unit electrical rewiring > Should it go with PUB testing?

regards,

emobebe

Hi emobebe,

This is a bit too hard to answer so openly here.....by right under HDB terms and conditions;

1. All wiring installation work must be executed by an EMA licensed electrical worker

2. Embedding of wiring house in metal/high impact PVC conduit in RC slab, beam, column, wall and in wall plaster or other finishes is not allowed

3. For all types of flats, diameter and penetration depth of power-driven nails/screws must not exceed 6 mm and 40 mm respectively

4. For flats with concealed electrical wiring (original provided by HDB):

a. Please refer to guidelines in sketch Drawing 1 "Drilling of holes in flats with concealed electrical wiring"

5. Precautionary measures should be taken to ensure anchors (including hammering of nails) into the slab are located away from the concealed conduits as shown in the concealed conduit layout plans

6. Upon completion of the work, the flat owner shall apply to SP Services Ltd for testing through his Licensed Electrical Worker.

Engaging a EMA licensed electrical worker is much more expensive.

Hi emobebe,

This is a bit too hard to answer so openly here.....by right under HDB terms and conditions;

1. All wiring installation work must be executed by an EMA licensed electrical worker

2. Embedding of wiring house in metal/high impact PVC conduit in RC slab, beam, column, wall and in wall plaster or other finishes is not allowed

3. For all types of flats, diameter and penetration depth of power-driven nails/screws must not exceed 6 mm and 40 mm respectively

4. For flats with concealed electrical wiring (original provided by HDB):

a. Please refer to guidelines in sketch Drawing 1 "Drilling of holes in flats with concealed electrical wiring"

5. Precautionary measures should be taken to ensure anchors (including hammering of nails) into the slab are located away from the concealed conduits as shown in the concealed conduit layout plans

6. Upon completion of the work, the flat owner shall apply to SP Services Ltd for testing through his Licensed Electrical Worker.

Engaging a EMA licensed electrical worker is much more expensive.

erh, maybe the way I asked question a bit confusing.. Let me rephrase. What I meant is if I want to do whole unit re-wiring, should I do it together with PUB testing? Or just whole unit re-wiring without PUB Testing? Will it cause any problem when I want to sell my flat in later part?

Cheers:) Emobebe

erh, maybe the way I asked question a bit confusing.. Let me rephrase. What I meant is if I want to do whole unit re-wiring, should I do it together with PUB testing? Or just whole unit re-wiring without PUB Testing? Will it cause any problem when I want to sell my flat in later part?

Cheers:) Emobebe

When selling your unit, HDB will come and check for any illegal works. As long as all works are done under HDB rules and regulations, the inspector will not stop your 2nd appointment from going thru.

hey jaskel,

been following the t-blogs done by u, as well as your own personal blog. very impressed. my renovations 2 years from now. please stay in the line ;)

u're da man!

Thanks for the compliments. Don't worry, will be in the line for the next 10yrs.

Hi jaskel, i would like to check with you on whether you know floorich laminate? I understand that laminate flooring will be damaged by water but was told by one ID that a strong and tougher laminate flooring will be used and also a material like blocking the water from seeping into the laminate flooring which i forgot what's it called, will help to prevent such damage to laminate flooring. Is it true?

Btw, i was shown with that material and it was very thick which the ID told me that normally a plastic sheet will be placed in between the laminate flooring and the cement floor.

Edited by holyavartar

Hi jaskel, i would like to check with you on whether you know floorich laminate? I understand that laminate flooring will be damaged by water but was told by one ID that a strong and tougher laminate flooring will be used and also a material like blocking the water from seeping into the laminate flooring which i forgot what's it called, will help to prevent such damage to laminate flooring. Is it true?

Btw, i was shown with that material and it was very thick which the ID told me that normally a plastic sheet will be placed in between the laminate flooring and the cement floor.

Floorich laminate....which brand? They carry quite a few brands. Or u referring to their China laminate? What we worry is not the surface material but when they is gaps between the laminate boards, water seeping inside will damage the laminate.

Laminate come with different thickness, so is the cost. I had 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm even 11mm different thickness of laminate samples. Sound absorber is placed before laying of laminate, most if not all laminate suppliers do have it and will use it too.

Floorich laminate....which brand? They carry quite a few brands. Or u referring to their China laminate? What we worry is not the surface material but when they is gaps between the laminate boards, water seeping inside will damage the laminate.

Laminate come with different thickness, so is the cost. I had 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm even 11mm different thickness of laminate samples. Sound absorber is placed before laying of laminate, most if not all laminate suppliers do have it and will use it too.

Thanks jaskel for additional info, I will check with the ID later as will be meeting her later.

Btw, how do we prevent the gaps in between the laminate boards? Workmanship and material quality?

Thought of asking u for a quotation as u r v knowledgable in this line and has received recommendation from some of the posts here. :lol:

R u able to give me a quotation of my new 4rm BTO flat? :yeah:

Thanks jaskel for additional info, I will check with the ID later as will be meeting her later.

Btw, how do we prevent the gaps in between the laminate boards? Workmanship and material quality?

Thought of asking u for a quotation as u r v knowledgable in this line and has received recommendation from some of the posts here. :lol:

R u able to give me a quotation of my new 4rm BTO flat? :yeah:

Expansion, contraction, over the times, exposed to sunlight, etc...

We can arrange a time to meet up and discuss more in detail.

Expansion, contraction, over the times, exposed to sunlight, etc...

We can arrange a time to meet up and discuss more in detail.

K, jaskel. How and when can we do that as I am working shift, so will need to check my work schedule lor. :o

Btw, will only start doing renovation after 7th Month Festival wor. ;)

K, jaskel. How and when can we do that as I am working shift, so will need to check my work schedule lor. :o

Btw, will only start doing renovation after 7th Month Festival wor. ;)

Will pm u to discuss on the schedule on meeting up. :yamseng:

Edited by jaskel

Hi Jaskel,

I'm currently looking for contractor to reno my entire 4 room unit too.

Can we arrange a time to meet up? I've pm you my contact. Thanks.

Ah, about to SMS u to arrange for a meet up. :)

Dear Jaskel, I know TAT u r expert in tiles cos I saw u can mix n match v well..

So can kindly help me pls? I need a rustic cement looking Matt grey tiles for my living n bedrms.. Where n which model to get? Attached the chosen one n was told TAT it will b v ugly.. U used it b4?

48e481df.jpg

Hope u can advise. Tks alot...

Edited by angelbutterfly