Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelbutterfly

我家四个宝宝 和 1个王后

Hi Sis, sorry to hear ur reno have a small hiccup :o wish ur contractor can solve ur problems ASAP. 加油加油 :D

Hi mango13, tks for dropping by here! Contractor came by today n job is still going on. These 2 days will b patching up all my ceiling n partition work.

I think I am abit too fussy lah..Also I dun wan things to do wrongly so I keep tabs closely too. Today he told me to mark where I wan my lights to b so he can open the holes in a straight line for the lights..

After that, it will b painting! Keeping my fingers crossed as I wanna check paint!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh Angel, sorry to hear about the bad news about the workers / contractor. Mine also with some issues on the tilers, hope that the work can resume soon.

Hi, the tilers in my hse were the BEST workers! The workmanship is really SOLID! For that 1 whole month, I wasn't a bit worried cos I saw that they started work early n didn't knock off till 7pm! The main tiler will even sweep n wash the tiles clean before he calls it a day...

Then the plumbers problem arise. To be fair, the plumbers were working fast n obliging to my requests. However, their equipment for bending really too old! After I showed pics of able to bend nicely, well, they returned with a new bender n now it's good!

So far my hse started with doing up the partition n celing works. Actually, I quite like the team of workers so far. Not rowdy n all of them are hardworking. Contractor did apologize that no one came yesterday cos fell sick. I was like ok, this happen only 1st time.

For me, as long as contractor is willing to give and take, I am fine. Maybe main contractors handled a few projects at a time and became stressful when clients wanna make changes or became demanding. I asked to shift 2 wires today n he grumbled a bit but worker is different. Worker juz happily cut open the box up and shift the wire then patch up perfectly!

I always thank the workers n did buy food too. Any problems, I normally only tell main con. I felt that men handled things very differently. My hubby was forever so cool. He will discuss with the main con n came up with solutions immediately too. Hubby has higher EQ while I am more short tempered lah...

Dun worry abt small issues.. Remember I'M POSSIBLE!!!

Hi angelbutterfly,

The diagram says it all, as how the fibre network is plugged.

May I provide you the dimension of the Terminal Point and Singnet Modem. Hopefully, these measurements I(not exact) will make it easier for you with the TV Console design.

OpenNet TP - Width x Height - 3 x 6 inches. Please note, for the height, I have included the cable drop (connection).

Singnet Modem - Width x Height - 7.5 x 8 inches

My experience with OpenNet - It is always easier to deal with the contractors when they are at your place. They tend to oblige as to where you want the fibre cable to run. The only thing that they will insist, and highly not giving in to request, is not to bend the fibre optic cable.

As much as I wanted the TP to be inside the TV Console, the contractors refused to do it since the optic cable required a sharp bend. I could understand the reasoning as they (probably) want to make sure that they have installed as guided with the guidelines.

Tks so much Reiki! Sorry to trouble u but so touched u found me here n answer all my doubts! Actually open net is abit crapped lah..My bro used to work for singtel also told me not to worry too much. So I am confirming doing s 12inch tv console and give them 10inch clearance height lor...

hey your reno progress very nice u r lucky not like mine....keep on updating i am also starting uploading my photos.....

I hug hug u lah...Maybe u not so tough like me leh?

I still keeping my fingers crossed cos I wanna see painting n carpentry!!! I will shoot him if he tries to b funny lor...Oh, I quite free one. I go to site daily n meet contractor in the morning to discuss the work to b done on that day, then I went hme n sometimes I bought lunch for workers. In the evening, I will go over again before the workers knocked off to wait for my hubby to inspect their work for the day too..

I am putting up at my mum's place which is next Blk so it's very convenient to spot check! All of u pray n cheer for me ok? I want it to end smoothly n perfectly!!!

Angel, I dun see any major issues in your reno since you are there to "supervise" daily.

I dun have the privilege to check everyday and so sometimes ended up having to get them to rework.

Wish u smooth reno all the way to the end and dont forget to invite me to see your beautiful place once completed.... hee hee :)

Angel, I dun see any major issues in your reno since you are there to "supervise" daily.

I dun have the privilege to check everyday and so sometimes ended up having to get them to rework.

Wish u smooth reno all the way to the end and dont forget to invite me to see your beautiful place once completed.... hee hee :)

Thanks potatoes! No major cos daily instructions mah...I am quite determine person. Like my shower screen glass, I knw black had different tone so I dun care, I wan to choose. Contractor said all the same but I found another glass factory, I ask contractor to go n buy from them to install for me lor...

U sure u wanna come meh? Hubby said like abit siao to hold house warming cos not new house leh...But can come over if u wish lah..

You are so lucky, i hope my new tilers won't give me any more headache. Work stress is more than enough ;)

Wow daily supervision some more, the workers want to slack also hard to. I believe they will do a good job especially when they know that the owner will be coming up anytime to spot check.

Put up more pics of the progress :)

Today is bery boring...The holes cut up for my new lights...I like the placement...Very straight! Can check who knows that is it ceiling guy who cuts the holes or electrician?

ef064ddf.jpg

Contractor said painting will start soon but I wanna paint b4 installing the ceiling lights! Right or wrong huh?

I have a few things which I am quite excited about! Hubby's fren installing CCTV in our living rm! It's FOC!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Then my roller blind installer - they r still around after 8years! Initially I asked them to dismantle my old blinds b4 my reno started which also installed by them, then wanna do only 2 new sets for the bedroom which doesn't hv n put up the old ones again. Guess wat? The boss asked me to do all new ones n wanna give me special price!!! He said my Reno do until so nice n the roller blinds these days r more varieties n better quality! He even offered me same price for timber blinds...Very tempting!

On the other hand, am I being spendthrift? Boss gave me special also cos i intro alot of frens but I nvr asked anything in return. I find roller blinds r so maintenance free n durable...It's still fine after 8years!

Ok, will seriously consider cos hubby replied...I dun like timber blinds leh :furious: I said white one but he said, black out roller blinds will do...Faintzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quite nice mah...

ec1b836a.jpg

Edited by angelbutterfly

hi angelbutterfly, can recommend your roller blind installer to me? how much is their charges for blinds? I'm also scouting ard for blinds installers too.. thanks in advance!

hi angelbutterfly, can recommend your roller blind installer to me? how much is their charges for blinds? I'm also scouting ard for blinds installers too.. thanks in advance!

Hi, I Pm u the contact already. U discuss with the boss. I think roller blinds prices r competitive n depends on material. Andy n Sam r the boss so can negotiate directly on the spot.

Do feedback here if u engage them n if their service is good...

Today is bery boring...The holes cut up for my new lights...I like the placement...Very straight! Can check who knows that is it ceiling guy who cuts the holes or electrician?

ef064ddf.jpg

Contractor said painting will start soon but I wanna paint b4 installing the ceiling lights! Right or wrong huh?

oh it is the electrician who cuts the holes for the downlights!

congrats on your progress! hope your opennet issue can be solved.

starhub is coming to my place to install the ONT and Residential gateway. My opennet was already done by the previous owner. Keep my fingers crossed that everything will be smooth!! as in no complaints from the opennet installer and starhub installer!