Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gnipihz

Story: Our Own Place

Few days before handover

Aircon leakage has been rectified. Winter Cool Aircon said the problem is as what he says, it's due to the glue at the pipe not done well and it's common. Well.... give and take. Guess we'll monitor the aircon this weekend also. Will need to repaint the entire wall.

It's almost ending of the renovation. Now pending for Sun Hup to do the bracket for washing machine area and BMS marble/granite to do the kitchen top. With touchups/cleaning/ along the way.

Above my washing machine will be a nice big granite worktop. Waiting for this impatiently.....

kitchen+sink+2+with+granite.jpg

The welded metal bracket will be secured to the 2 solid walls giving support to the weight of the granite top.

bracket+area+for+washing+machine+2.jpg

It's meant to be slightly smaller so that it can be easily seen from outside as this ara of the granite top is a polished single slab.

Here is the shop front of BMS marble granite. Hope they do my granite top beautifully.

BMS+granite+shop.JPG

The boss is Mr Chan See Tang. The coordinator is Ms Mel. Friendly people. The place is really quite packed and granite/marble slabs are all around.

If you can see the wooden planks there, those are the "measurements" they take using planks of wood and stapled together.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We bought our heater storage tank today! Together with our Rainshower. (Super good deal. hahahaha.)

Stylish design to us for the rainshower. Squarish, able to adjust the height also. Just hope this brand will last. The mixer is reallly quite heavy and solid feeling.

rain+shower+1.JPG

rainshower+2.JPG

Now next will be the toilet bowls... hahaha.

Wow... nice rain shower set... where did you buy? Can share?

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Guess what, maybe like all others have said, we cannot be too relaxed with contractors/ID. Our renovations surfaced some issues and Kok are suggesting to us how to resolve them.

Over lay then who pay for the additional tiles required? Hopefully not we the customers....

To Matrox,

The rainshower was bought at around $300+ at a corner shop at 1 Jalan Berseh New World Centre. It's the cheapest place I had found for rain shower. (I took several months to hunt for things eg. rainshower, lights, switches, tvs, washing machine etc to save costs.. or ensure value for $$ )I can't remember the shop name but the uncle there very very helpful. It has water heaters handed on the right side of the wall and a few water storage heater displayed outside the shop. :yamseng:

The overlay no additional costs incurred from my side. I paid to hack, waterproof and have a nice proper tiling... To do overlay on my new tiles that are badly planned is already giving in. might as well overlay on old tiles then i save the $$ right? :bleah:

Just curious.... do you mind sharing what would you be using on hte worktop above the w/m? Is it a stainless steel bracket support? But it looks glass to me leh...

Just curious.... do you mind sharing what would you be using on hte worktop above the w/m? Is it a stainless steel bracket support? But it looks glass to me leh...

It's a drawing I did for BMS.... not the actual granite nor bracket. I drew it on the photo. :paint: Suppose to be stainless steel bracket with granite above the bracket.

To Matrox,

The rainshower was bought at around $300+ at a corner shop at 1 Jalan Berseh New World Centre. It's the cheapest place I had found for rain shower. (I took several months to hunt for things eg. rainshower, lights, switches, tvs, washing machine etc to save costs.. or ensure value for $$ )I can't remember the shop name but the uncle there very very helpful. It has water heaters handed on the right side of the wall and a few water storage heater displayed outside the shop. :yamseng:

The overlay no additional costs incurred from my side. I paid to hack, waterproof and have a nice proper tiling... To do overlay on my new tiles that are badly planned is already giving in. might as well overlay on old tiles then i save the $$ right? :bleah:

Yes you are right!

Found the shop in google map streetview!

Prestige Hardware. at junction of townshend road and jalan berseh.

2d7d5737.jpg

:yamseng: Thank you for your effort in going the extra mile to get the name of the shop for me and exact location.... kam siah

Above my washing machine will be a nice big granite worktop. Waiting for this impatiently.....

It's meant to be slightly smaller so that it can be easily seen from outside as this ara of the granite top is a polished single slab.

Here is the shop front of BMS marble granite. Hope they do my granite top beautifully.

The boss is Mr Chan See Tang. The coordinator is Ms Mel. Friendly people. The place is really quite packed and granite/marble slabs are all around.

If you can see the wooden planks there, those are the "measurements" they take using planks of wood and stapled together.

So is your granite top for the whole kitchen or just only the portion above the washing machine?? ;)

Edited by enrico

I got the same for SGD400. You got a great buy

To Matrox,

I got the same for SGD400. You got a great buy

In case people think they can get it at $301... I better state clearly. I bought my storage heater and rainshower there. Also bought the wall brackets there as well. If my memory not failing due to the reno, then it should be around $380 for rainshower and $20 - $25 for wall bracket and $190 for the 15l storage tank.

A sneak preview of the mbr wardrobe, living and dining. =)

preview+small+1+balcony+to+feature+wall.jpg

Photo taken from the new main door. Shows feature wall and the balcony.

Super long feature wall has it's ambience lighting up. TV installed by LG, sound system not yet installed.

Chandelier has both LED and normal bulbs on.

Didn't switch on the cove lights of the false ceiling and downlights. If not will be super bright.

Cove lights can be seen below. Showing the ultra bright white LED cove lights. Have also installed yellow covelights inside as well. So got white and yellow options for entire cove. Hence can switch to yellow for the "feel". =P

preview+small+2+dining+to+living.jpg

Photo taken from dining room corner. Opposite to where 1st photo was.

Can see the partition wall and glass door that was the previous old main door. If got budget and $$, will do up a nice shoe rack for wife. Must learn from Charles & Keith type.... hahaha...

The feature wall bends over to the dining. the bottom still lack the LED lighting which electrician will do up this week. dining room still have not decided on the table/chairs. Placed a deposit at tradehub nova but thinking and thinking....

preview+3+small+mbr+wardrobe+to+toilet.jpg

Photo taken from MBR dresser. Showing the walkway and wardrobe. This area very hard to take any photos. I think the walkway only about 70cm wide.

Wardrobe have the tinted mirrors reflecting the partition wall in the mbr hiding the toilet. Beyond the partition will be the bed placement. This wardrobe is of 4 sliding door panels with the middle of the door being mirror. the rest of the laminate chosed is more towards leather.

Dresser is not shown here. Quite a decent size dresser which ladies would like. :sport-smiley-004: Crystal lights for the entire dresser, walkway and also toilet! Making this a chio area.

Gnipihz

I like your chandlier and crystal light outside your MBR toilet... can share where did you get it? Also from where you got your LED strips?

Great job :thumbs up: by Kok & Perlyn