Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gnipihz

Story: Our Own Place

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Guess what.... at this stage, HDB rejected the permit to build up the wall 2nd time.

The main plan is to block/hide the negative energies at the spot beside the main door. Hence designed a wall to hide it.

1st time applying for permit, Sun Hup applied to build the wall with storeroom as usage . HDB rejected saying fire hazard if used as storeroom. We understood and will at most use it for other means. Applied 2nd time stating it's entrance lobby wall, still rejected saying fire hazard if used as storeroom. (headache.... never even say storeroom....)

Had thought maybe can be a surprise to wife if I use some weekends to build a nice heels display/cabinet for her. similar to those shoe shops. guess the plan is off....

Will redo my plans.... Will just apply permit to build 1 side of the wall and then have a more open concept. The fengshui negative energy maybe need other means to "block".

rejected+permit.jpg

rejected+permit+plan.jpg

rejected+permit+plan+resubmit.jpg

Edited by gnipihz

i thought HDB only check whether can hack or not.

Didn't know building new walls also need approval.

But their logic sounds valid la.

coz in case of emergency, and its blocked, going be catastrophic.

think having the screen there is fine ba.

else, build carpentry over it. and have a tit-tat door la.

:)

Yah hdb town council officer also say can build carpentry over and they won't care. So if I put all wood there also not their responsibilty. Hahahaha.

Anyway today met Sun Hup's tiler and electrician. All Chinese either SG or MY. all PROFESSIONALS. Tiling team about 4 or 5 Chinese as a team.

Super assured when chatted with them. Suddenly give Sun Hup more points. Hahaha. Let's see how is their work in these few weeks.

Anybody have lobang to buy nice squarish rainshower set??

I had been to Hoe Kee and SSC today. Seems like not much choices. The nicer ones in Hoe Kee are all out of stock and they are around $428 per set.

Water Storage tank brands reccomended to me are Champs and Magnum. Any of you have complains for these 2?? Will be getting a 15litre tank.

Water Storage tank brands reccomended to me are Champs and Magnum. Any of you have complains for these 2?? Will be getting a 15litre tank.

I think Joven is the most popular storage tank heater here.

Have you checked out Universal Union in Geylang as well? Quite a good range there too.

I google the location, and realised we had went to Universal Union 1 or 2 weeks back!! Was casually browsing then. (Was there for the stinky toufu opposite side of the road)

The sales there quite pushy.... Keep on asking us to decide on the spot and asking us to buy. Range is quite alot but somehow, we aren't comfortable during that visit.

Might drop by again to take a 2nd look. Thanks strikingreality!

HDB has approved the permit! Earlier had called the Tampines HDB Technical Officer Mr Koh to explain. At least he was kind and willing to listen and offer suggestions.

Now it's approved. :good:

permitlivingroom+wall.png

Hopefully Mr Lau and Perlyn quickly build up the living room... It's lagging behind since electrical, ceiling and flooring are all waiting for this wall to be settled down.

Updates to Aircon.

I bought from Sun Hup's aircon contact. A mitsubishi system 3 inverter with 24k BTU and 2x 9k BTU units.

They already came to do the pipings, drainages and trunking!

Here's the piping and insulation. Armaflex Class 1 1/2" and G22 copper piping.

aircon+trunking.JPG

aircon+trunking+2.JPG

We bought our heater storage tank today! Together with our Rainshower. (Super good deal. hahahaha.)

Stylish design to us for the rainshower. Squarish, able to adjust the height also. Just hope this brand will last. The mixer is reallly quite heavy and solid feeling.

rain+shower+1.JPG

rainshower+2.JPG

Now next will be the toilet bowls... hahaha.

Bought our toilet bowls today!! $218 each. I guess we don't see why we need to pay more for toilet bowls.

It's a 1 piece solid design. Actually same as my current home which the toilets were renovated 3or 4 years ago. Guess some designs never change.

Toilet+Bowl.JPG

Updates to the False Ceiling and Water Piping!

Today called Perlyn and told her about the water piping, she mentioned that Mr Lau will check tomorrow and be able to amend or do something about these.

1.) Pipe is not near the corner along the wall in Dining room. It's an exposed area.

2.) Pipe in dining room suddenly bent to drill into MBR.

3.) MBR water pipe seems to be below the false ceiling.

4.) WAter outlet at the washing machine area is too high. Washing machine is supposed to be hidden under. Why have a high tap?

false+ceiling+dining.JPG

mbr+water+pipe.JPG

false+ceiling+mbr.JPG

washing+machine+base+and+rubbish+chute.JPG

Overall progress is good. Will post more pics. :thumbs up:

Sun Hup had mentioned to me that my ceiling, beams and flooring are all not level. Worse still, they are not consistently level. I had not really believe them that it can be so bad...( they said there can be a difference of 2 inches of beam height across a distance of 80cm!! )

Things just look slanted from their work. BUT... I downloaded a super useful app on my iPhone. it's called iHandy Level. It can be used to measure how level the surface.

ihandy.PNG

Measured on the work of Sun Hup using the app. Their work are all level and straight. Very very good. But this also means HDB's existing structure leaves much to be desired... old flats. haiiz. simply heart pain.

This mean that there are corners where it'll not be perfect 90° angled. Hopefully their workers are skilled enough to set things right