Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DingDong

My Little 3I Siaolangkeng @ Tpy

Hi all,

Been drooling over most of the reno pics here past few mths. :dribble:

Finally got my keys for the tiny pad last week and till now not :dunno: decided what to do ..$$ not enuff!

(probably some retro style..okie..me very aunty lor) :P

Will put up more info/pics along the way. ;)

Rooms Pic

img2541x.jpgimg2542g.jpg

Hall Pics

img2540i.jpgimg2543ph.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hall Pics

img2540i.jpgimg2543ph.jpg

Welcome to Renotalk!

Actually, with floor tiles like those and that quirky arched doorway leading to the kitchen (so classic seventies!) you've already got the perfect retro home. It looks a whole lot like my parents' flat, which was indeed built (and last renovated) in the seventies! :D

All you need is a new coat of paint, new wiring and plumbing throughout, better fittings in the toilets and new kitchen cabinetry, and matching re-upholstered vintage furniture and you'll be finished in no time at all. It'll look great! :good:

wow really retro....

Welcome to Renotalk!

Actually, with floor tiles like those and that quirky arched doorway leading to the kitchen (so classic seventies!) you've already got the perfect retro home. It looks a whole lot like my parents' flat, which was indeed built (and last renovated) in the seventies! :D

All you need is a new coat of paint, new wiring and plumbing throughout, better fittings in the toilets and new kitchen cabinetry, and matching re-upholstered vintage furniture and you'll be finished in no time at all. It'll look great! :good:

LOL..retro my fav theme..hope the final result is similar enuff!

yeappie..definitely required r the electrical wiring..painting..plumbing..toilets n kitchen cabinets!

hope to find someone who can give the floor a good shine!

LOL..retro my fav theme..hope the final result is similar enuff!

yeappie..definitely required r the electrical wiring..painting..plumbing..toilets n kitchen cabinets!

hope to find someone who can give the floor a good shine!

your place is opposite potong pasir market? there got the famous melben crab... :D

LOL, like your T-Blog title :D Your floor tiles real retro with a touch of peranakan.... very suitable for your theme :good: all the best for your reno :)

your place is opposite potong pasir market? there got the famous melben crab... :D

Yes there is a melben crab but not sure where is potong pasir market..the market facing melben is under reno though.

LOL, like your T-Blog title :D Your floor tiles real retro with a touch of peranakan.... very suitable for your theme :good: all the best for your reno :)

LOL..hope the result turns out good! thanks!

agree..if u r into retro.u can keep the finishing...just a new coat of paint will do./ :)

lol.. need to check if all these finishing can be kept...if can best... :)

Yoohooo.. after the previous owner move out in late July.. and dingdonging past mths... (Hungry Kaka mth cannot do reno in Aug..got retrenched w no payout *sobsob*..and an ops in Sept....and Oct just flew pass!?!?!?!)..

I AM FINALLY STARTING MY MINI RENO ON 15TH NOV 2011 :yamseng:

Below are what I will be doing :

1) Hack off all existing cabinets,stove n sink n hob supports.

2) Supply and install windows for MBR,common room and living rooms.

3) Supply and install piping for whole house.

4) Supply and install 02 bi-fold doors for W.C & Bathroom.

5) Supply and overlay floor and half wall tiles for W.C & Bathroom.

6) To change squat to seat toilet.

7) To install one wash basin.

8) To plaster all damaged area after hacking.

9) Painting for whole house with ICI/Nippon Paint (Up to 4 colors)

10)Paint all door frames and window grills

11)Debris removal and chemical wash.

12) Rewiring works : 11 double sockets, 7 single sockets, 1 aircon pt, 3scv pts, 1 tel pt, 1 heater pt, 3 wall fan pts, 1 ceiling fan pt,9 light points

Total : <$10K

Price exclude ; All Accessories for house and no carpentry done for kitchen yet.

*phew*... will post later.. other stuff required for house... :bow: can HUAT over the wkend... MONEY MONEY come to me!!!!

Edited by DingDong

Woah.. keep posting :D

LOL.. i will i will...

but but hor.. a siao lang ..do up a hse sure very siao look... mai laff at aunty me hor... *blush*

Things i need get :

1 steady beautiful MahTong which must be able tahan my daily dating session.

1 portable induction cooker.. cooking/kitchen not my forte but i can COOK maggie mee and boil water!!

1 kitchen sink

1 washbasin..(hopefully got package come free w the mahtong!)

1 instant heater..aiming the Alpha new model w the rainshower portion de.. :bath:

1 System 3...ai pi ai ho ai eh leng de model....

2 bedroom doors as the old ones ai pai buay pai...

3 wall fans

1 ceiling fan

9 energy saving light bulbs

And I :dunno: what other things that will pop up along the way.

15th Nov 2011 : Day 1

Hacking of cabinets and stove/sink supports.

Decide to pop by about 130pm to see the process which started in the late morning.

Worker went for lunch so I waited at neighbour's house.... the indian worker only return at 330pm!?!?!?

Glad to see the floor was laid with protection material, hall cabinets are already hacked off and the worker is starting on the kitchen cabinets.

1hr after I left, I received a call from the reno uncle, telling me the kitchen wall tiles are hollow.

Seem like they crack/fall off when the worker is hacking off the supports..:jawdrop:

No choice.. I ask them remove... now headache.. should i live with an tile-less wall or re-tile up half height.

Not doing any carpentry in kitchen as I intend to get the base cabinets from Ikea.

Guess better make a trip down tmr to take a look first and decide.

Forgot to take pics when i was there :bangwall:

Edited by DingDong

15th Nov 2011 : Day 1

Hacking of cabinets and stove/sink supports.

Decide to pop by about 130pm to see the process which started in the late morning.

Worker went for lunch so I waited at neighbour's house.... the indian worker only return at 330pm!?!?!?

Glad to see the floor was laid with protection material, hall cabinets are already hacked off and the worker is starting on the kitchen cabinets.

1hr after I left, I received a call from the reno uncle, telling me the kitchen wall tiles are hollow.

Seem like they crack/fall off when the worker is hacking off the supports..:jawdrop:

No choice.. I ask them remove... now headache.. should i live with an tile-less wall or re-tile up half height.

Not doing any carpentry in kitchen as I intend to get the base cabinets from Ikea.

Guess better make a trip down tmr to take a look first and decide.

Forgot to take pics when i was there :bangwall:

My kitchen has no tiles also. Personally i prefer no tiles i jut put backsplash in the hob area.

I like the way you narrate, actually it took me 3 times before i noticed that your MahTong is not Mahjong but Toilet Bowl.

If you are on a budget. Can consider those that comes with a set. Attached a package for your reference.

Anyway i went down but didnt buy from them because I didnt get a good experience during my trip down.

untitled.jpg

System 3: can consider the Midea brand, but remember to buy the extended warranty from gaincity in case the brand is not lasting compared to the japanese brand.

I think it is about 2.3k compared to 3k for the Mitsubishi Electric one.

Hope it helps. And looking forward to your reno updates.

LOL.. i will i will...

but but hor.. a siao lang ..do up a hse sure very siao look... mai laff at aunty me hor... *blush*

Things i need get :

1 steady beautiful MahTong which must be able tahan my daily dating session.

1 portable induction cooker.. cooking/kitchen not my forte but i can COOK maggie mee and boil water!!

1 kitchen sink

1 washbasin..(hopefully got package come free w the mahtong!)

1 instant heater..aiming the Alpha new model w the rainshower portion de.. :bath:

1 System 3...ai pi ai ho ai eh leng de model....

2 bedroom doors as the old ones ai pai buay pai...

3 wall fans

1 ceiling fan

9 energy saving light bulbs

And I :dunno: what other things that will pop up along the way.