Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

I wanted to buy a more retro looking kitchen tap and I searched high and low in Balestier but I only saw one design which is this one. And the shops are selling it at around S$270~S$290

DSC01940.jpg

Almost wanted to get it already but through T-blog saw someone recommend to purchase from wholesale-faucet.com seems not too bad, so I went to try too.

And on 31/Dec I placed order for this 2 items. Both item cost me slightly less than S$200 and including shipping using EMS.

Kitchen Tap

6855603515_600af08b58.jpg

For MBR Toilet

6855604631_29c79c6a8a.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

And today I received the parcel :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Less than 8 days and the taps are here!!

Neatly packed box

6855615661_e2c633284a.jpg

Nicely wrapped up in carton box and bubble wrapped protected too

6855616655_dec4479a4b.jpg

My Kitchen Tap :dancingqueen:

6855617595_c4b3b52c11.jpg

Quality seems quite good and the tap weigh heavy too.

Hopefully after installation the quality really good.

Edited by pinkwhale

Wow that was a good news :)

The tap is so unique :) let us know the smoothes while using the tap hehe

Your contractor seems pretty good, your lighting point can be added without paying hehe or the price is already factor in your quote?

Looking forward on your Reno progress :D

Wow that was a good news :)

The tap is so unique :) let us know the smoothes while using the tap hehe

Your contractor seems pretty good, your lighting point can be added without paying hehe or the price is already factor in your quote?

Looking forward on your Reno progress :D

Thanks Terencetcw

I will review the tap after it has been install. Probably in March I guess.

Actually my contractor like to look at lump sum rather than break everything into so detail and count each light point and electrical point.

He charged me less than 1.5k for false ceiling, Lbox and partition board to seal up the MBR door and the wiring of all the light points and electrical points including installation of lightings.

To me that is quite cheap cos mostly I heard electrical wiring alone can cost up to more than 1K already

Ultimately still depend on the total final figure if ok then ok :yamseng:

My contractor was working late at my unit today, so I dropped by today to take a look.

Some progress to share

6855812215_e73290bd75.jpg

6855811123_2e0de7b14c.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

Hihi, how is your contractor's workmanship so far? Any feedback? Can also PM me the contact?

Thanks in advance!

Actually my contractor like to look at lump sum rather than break everything into so detail and count each light point and electrical point.

He charged me less than 1.5k for false ceiling, Lbox and partition board to seal up the MBR door and the wiring of all the light points and electrical points including installation of lightings.

To me that is quite cheap cos mostly I heard electrical wiring alone can cost up to more than 1K already

Ultimately still depend on the total final figure if ok then ok :yamseng:

Hihi, how is your contractor's workmanship so far? Any feedback? Can also PM me the contact?

Thanks in advance!

Hi renotm

Actually as you can see I had only completed ceiling and electrical and tiling (not floor) is in process. Review of workmanship wise, think I can only comment of the tiling as other items can't have much review also. So far I would say the kitchen counter top tiling is :good:

Very dilligent worker and very patient cos I would say the difficulty level of tiling such small tiles are very much higher than 60X60cm tiles.

I'm quite glad I found them to do my tiling job.

and PM sent

Thanks for the comments and PM. :)

Hi renotm

Actually as you can see I had only completed ceiling and electrical and tiling (not floor) is in process. Review of workmanship wise, think I can only comment of the tiling as other items can't have much review also. So far I would say the kitchen counter top tiling is :good:

Very dilligent worker and very patient cos I would say the difficulty level of tiling such small tiles are very much higher than 60X60cm tiles.

I'm quite glad I found them to do my tiling job.

and PM sent

Good weekend everyone, bet many of you are rushing to prepare for CNY, or even rushing for reno work to complete before CNY

Lucky for me, my contractor will work on my house till the end - stopping work only on 20/Jan. I really appreciate :thumbs up:

Checked on the progress today. I would say my Kitchen is 50% done with all necessary tiling job completed.

I wonder is anyone keen to see sneak preview of my kitchen before carpentry stage. :dunno:

Shared the photos with my MIL when I reached home, didn't received good comments. I guess not many elderly appreciate industrial theme. However I was still hoping the little retro aspect do appeal to her. However she seems quite concerned that my cement screed wall in my living room will not be painted over :jawdrop: she asked me: "no painting nice meh?"

:bangwall:

Really worry only will hear negative comments on house warming :furious:

Edited by pinkwhale

Good weekend everyone, bet many of you are rushing to prepare for CNY, or even rushing for reno work to complete before CNY

Lucky for me, my contractor will work on my house till the end - stopping work only on 20/Jan. I really appreciate :thumbs up:

Checked on the progress today. I would say my Kitchen is 50% done with all necessary tiling job completed.

I wonder is anyone keen to see sneak preview of my kitchen before carpentry stage. :dunno:

Shared the photos with my MIL when I reached home, didn't received good comments. I guess not many elderly appreciate industrial theme. However I was still hoping the little retro aspect do appeal to her. However she seems quite concerned that my cement screed wall in my living room will not be painted over :jawdrop: she asked me: "no painting nice meh?"

:bangwall:

Really worry only will hear negative comments on house warming :furious:

ur kitchen looks unique, & that choice of black & white is gd! can't wait to see the final output :)

ur kitchen looks unique, & that choice of black & white is gd! can't wait to see the final output :)

Thanks for ur encouragement.

I was also following ur blog closely and waiting for u to share picture of ur beehives tiles. Are you using the moasic or tiles? I will be using that mosaic in my toilet. However facing some slight difficulty now, would be great if you can share some pointers with me :P

Really like the result of these mosaics combination.

To me its quite an art with all the effort from the tilers :bow:

They ROCK!! :jammin::jammin: Thank you Guys!!

6840832999_100466c71a.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale