Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

That commune shop at Millenia.. Their prices are ridiculous.. But they do stock good looking stuff..

Oh, I had that table when you visited my blog then, just that it was covered with table cloth.. Hahahaa..

You.. Ordered suar wood table.. In.. Singapore? >_<

I'd estimate you spent at least 5-8k on a single table then.. Yikes..

But then again, I bet it'll be beautiful. Like what an effeminate furniture designer once told me.. You're not buying a piece of furniture, it'll be an heirloom.. Do post pictures of it when it's done, must be really nice..

I don't think Koda does customization but you could give them a call and check with them.. :)

Ya... I bought a 1.5m Suar wood table in Spore, at the price of $2.2k for the table.

In a way also lucky my house is small, so I can only put a 1.5 ~ 1.6m dining table.

I can't afford a 5K dining table le :jawdrop:

I agree on the table being an heirloom...cos this table can last us forever...

Ok, let me share the pic of my purchased suar wood table, like the black metal leg so I requested this combination. U can ask them to match suar wood leg also.

However as I wanted a very raw look, thus I requested for the raw color (original color of the suar wood) They will put a transparent protection layer directly without staining the wood first. Think the color of this table in the picture is one toner darker than mine. they have many color tone u can choose. the lighter the color tone, the clearer u can see the pattern of the suar wood.

Diningtable.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your pipes disappeared?? Haha! How do you mean by reroute? I had a 7kg front load washer previously, now I am using a 8kg & it's smaller than my 7kg! :)

Pls post ur Suar table soon! Mabari House v. nice & unique, I actually visited a few mths back too :)

Pipes never disappeared, just hidden. my contractor had concealed it with the floor tiles. you can see the slim long tiles at the side.

Reroute meaning I change all the piping from this side of the wall to the other side.

Wow.. I also hope to visit your house and Mabari house if got the chance :D

may i asked where is coda? can you share the address please?

thanks

Hi Aloskimo

Thanks for visiting. Koda is a good recommendation from mabaricows. And I went to google it this morning as well and found out that the address is at 28 Defu Lane 4, Defu Industrial Park. I amreally planning to visit this good recommendation thus I gave them a call to check on their opening hrs... They are open Mon - Fri (8.30am - 5.30pm) only. But one good thing for this CNY period is they will start work (open) from 25/Jan onwards.

I will probably ask my contractor to drive us there on 27/Jan :dancingqueen:

Hope you find ur dream furniture soon too...

At first glance on the floorplan, I know this is Arcadia. Then someone called out your name and I sort of know who. Are you Sherlyn B***? Haha, if so, we met before at Imperial Distributor (your cluster nbr here). Will be following your T-blog from now on. =)

Hi Neighbor :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

hi pinkwhale,

Love the mosaic tiles in your kitchen. Can you pls share how your kitchen cabinet will be like? Any 3D pics or present pics

Hi Weddingfairy

Thanks...

hmmm sorry le. Currently no pictures on kitchen cabinet cos carpenter only coming to take measurement on 4/Feb after CNY.

And no 3D pictures cos I'm using a contractor, he do not provide 3D

Some ideas were from magazine and designs from retail stores and the putting together was all by imagination. Hopefully things turn out well

Stay tune if you are keen, carpentry should slowly be up from mid Feb... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Pinkwhale,

can PM me your contractor contact? I m looking at contractor. I m your future neighbour from punngol too.

Hi huijuan80

I dropped u a message, can you receive?

Welcome to the punggol neighbourhood.

U are on which project?

Today is the last day of reno work at my place, need to wait for around 10 days later to have work re-started again.

Would like to share on my MBR toilet today. This is another area which major tiling work is being done and this is where I'm using my loved honeycomb mosaic.

I wanted a vintage industrial looking toilet so that is why i chose honeycomb mosaic. And I converted the MBR toilet into a dry powder room, so there will be NO shower facilities in my MBR toilet. Might be a crazy idea for some, but becos we are quite used to this idea due to current MIL house with 8 pax staying also only had 1 bathroom.

To create the industrial look, I had been searching for some stone looking basin, but in vain. So in the end contractor suggested to build everything by mosaic.

Basin & Vanity structure

6840833837_76e5575b0b.jpg

In progress pic

6840961071_4d582cc40a.jpg

Basin undergoing waterproofing

6840834761_e08c86dfbd.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

awesome job! can you share your contractor's contact with me please? Thanks much! :)

Hi akkywendy

Thanks for visiting and liking our work.

PM sent

Cheers... :dancingqueen:

Interesting! Departure fr d norm..d size reminds me of those big white lab sink..kp d pics coming!

Today is the last day of reno work at my place, need to wait for around 10 days later to have work re-started again.

Would like to share on my MBR toilet today. This is another area which major tiling work is being done and this is where I'm using my loved honeycomb mosaic.

I wanted a vintage industrial looking toilet so that is why i chose honeycomb mosaic. And I converted the MBR toilet into a dry powder room, so there will be NO shower facilities in my MBR toilet. Might be a crazy idea for some, but becos we are quite used to this idea due to current MIL house with 8 pax staying also only had 1 bathroom.

To create the industrial look, I had been searching for some stone looking basin, but in vain. So in the end contractor suggested to build everything by mosaic.

Basin & Vanity structure

IMG_2236.jpg

In progress pic

IMG_2247.jpg

Basin undergoing waterproofing

IMG_2249.jpg

Interesting! Departure fr d norm..d size reminds me of those big white lab sink..kp d pics coming!

Thanks...

my contractor was still saying I can bathe my baby in this basin in the future. :bath:

:rofl:

Today early morning 830am we arrived at our unit to check the final result of all the tiling work as my tiler supposed to complete all tiling job by ytd. And also to lock up the house properly for CNY since for a couple of days no one will visit the house. In the end, found that my neighbor house was not lock up instead :jawdrop:

My neighbor had showed me their house before, so I buay paiseh to go in see one more time, carpentry and funitures are not in yet, only aircon already installed. Nothing seems to be stolen, but still I don't feel safe to let their door remain unlock, so I used my number lock to lock up their door. Lucky my contractor use double lock for my house so I still have an extra padlock for my house.

But problem is I do not have the contact number of this neighbor. Jia Lat liao...

I bet they sure get a big shock when they can't open that lock with their pin .

Hope they don't hack my number lock or else I got to pay my contractor liao... haha

Now I headache dunno go where to find this neighbor :~

Edited by pinkwhale

Just want to share some angle photos of my MBR toilet vanity.

Will share final outcome after the carpentry are up

Close up of my white honeycomb mosaic with grey grouting.

6840838221_b02c2d71c9.jpg

Basin to vanity, think we need to do some DIY touch up on the black mosaic as the color of the sides are not uniform, tiler explained before due to these are not homogenous tile thus inside the individual mosaic tile is not full black, as they are usually meant for wall which the side will not be exposed. But I'm using it differently. :blink:

but I think I can get black tile paint to paint them over myself. since only very small area.

6840840419_fae0f834e0.jpg

Under the vanity and basin - will be cover up by cabinet doors but still my contractor make them look so nice :thumbs up:

6840842641_79362625cc.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

Just want to share some angle photos of my MBR toilet vanity.

Will share final outcome after the carpentry are up

Close up of my white honeycomb mosaic with grey grouting.

DSC03210.jpg

Basin to vanity, think we need to do some DIY touch up on the black mosaic as the color of the sides are not uniform, tiler explained before due to these are not homogenous tile thus inside the individual mosaic tile is not full black, as they are usually meant for wall which the side will not be exposed. But I'm using it differently. :blink:

but I think I can get black tile paint to paint them over myself. since only very small area.

DSC03211.jpg

Under the vanity and basin - will be cover up by cabinet doors but still my contractor make them look so nice :thumbs up:

DSC03212.jpg

Thanks for updating us with ur wonderful progress, can oso pm me ur contractor, good job done. :D

Feel like sharing how I got the idea of this MBR Toilet vanity counter design.

This was the source of my inspiration

6840681507_b8e0041af2.jpg

Fell in love with the honeycomb mosaic the moment I saw this step infront of one of the bridal shop at Tanjong Pagar. Am very determined to use this so those contractors that say cannot do was dropped out immediately.

However the design of the vanity counter was modified due to the challenging level of this mosaic especially on the 90 degree joining. But I'm still quite pleased with the new outcome, had more contrast and its nice too... :wub:

Edited by pinkwhale