Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
almonds

Chemical Wash

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone done their general washing/cleaning after carpentry, when everything is done and ready for handover? Understand most people do the wash before the carpentry installation; any repercussions if its done after?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had a really bad experience with chemical washing.

Things that rusted after the acid washing.

- built in oven

- kitchen lights

- common toilet metal fixtures

- kitchen pipings

- dish rack

Due to my kitchen wall tiles being porous and absorbent, and the cleaners being very liberal with their splashing of chemical washing agents, these things around my home started rusting.

- living room chandelier chains and metallic parts

- living room ceiling fan chains

- door knobs

Some things had to be replaced, some things had to be cleaned and polished (with Autosol) many many times over the course of a month.

Just sharing my crap experience with irresponsible cleaners, beware of what chemical cleaning can cause.

Cheers.

Well, bro mabaricow, after reading your kind warnings, I nagged n reminded my contractor many times! Lol...

In the end, he said he had never planned use chemical wash for my place! Anyway, he told me that as my great tilers knew that my black sparkling tiles were main area of issues, they had washed n cleaned up the tiles after each laying. Hence, general washing was a breeze!

My taps n sanitary were also fixed up after cleaning...

Cleaning was done before carpentry but now my house is so dusty n dirty too! I felt that it's so redundant to wash lor...

I have checked n if it's chemical wash, it should be before carpentry. After that then it's general cleaning. However, how many contractors actually wash 2x de?

Edited by angelbutterfly

mabaricows

thanks for sharing your experience! now i feel an uncontrollable urge to nag my ID to ensure that nothing is damaged! your cleaners must have done an awful job if something as high up as the chandeliers can rust too. I hope they compensated you somewhat!

angelbutterfly

it does makes more sense for the washing to be done before carpentry, ya? clean the tiles etc before the carpentry installation, and prevents damages to the woodwork due to the intensity of the chemicals.

Think i better doublecheck!

I was charged $250 for chemical washing.didnt even know contractor had done chemical washing cos both toilets still looks dirty...

I also noticed my oven had a bit of rust...

Understand from the quotation my designer have give me is that chemical cleaning is usually for newly laying of the tiles.

However I do not know if chemical cleaning is it applicable for the tiles for my new house ?

Is a 4 room bto at pasir ris

Is it possible that the rubber gasket (not the silicon) around window panes (not frames), as well laminate of carpentry & even the top-layer coating of mixer can get adversely affected with chemical washing?

Is it possible that the rubber gasket (not the silicon) around window panes (not frames), as well laminate of carpentry & even the top-layer coating of mixer can get adversely affected with chemical washing?

If pure latex rubber gasket should have no issue unless its synthetic rubber type, in any case just use making tape cover it like

what i did and remove when done ;)

• Like 9

On 19/01/2016 at 6:58 AM, CharSiewPau said:

If pure latex rubber gasket should have no issue unless its synthetic rubber type

Synthetic rubber better avoid, seems to degrade fast also

• Like 9

On 07/11/2015 at 7:17 AM, BelindaSeah said:

I thought usually cabinets will have like a ceramic edge right?

You talking about the ceramic skirting?

• Like 9